Oakland @ Ensworth

lilcoach7

The sad part it that it comes down to the dollars. Can't take a chance on losing a big gate, especially if you have to make those pesky monthly payments to the players and staff ( I meant scholarship payments, gosh you people are retarded ). But was I referring to Oaktown.... hum!

Gameday, gotta go, gotta stretch and get taped up, working the chains tonight.

We are.....Blackman!

As previously stated, when you have the best things money can buy, they dont need a big game.

Would you rather have 20% of 1,000 or 20% of 20,000. Hum lets see, I went to Maplewood and I am going to choose,.... B final answer. You think people who have and get money is stupid? That's how the got money, they ain't stupid.

Gotta go, watching chain gang film from last years games...6 hours to go, I gotta throw up!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sad part it that it comes down to the dollars. Can't take a chance on losing a big gate, especially if you have to make those pesky monthly payments to the players and staff ( I meant scholarship payments, gosh you people are retarded ). But was I referring to Oaktown.... hum!

Gameday, gotta go, gotta stretch and get taped up, working the chains tonight.

We are.....Blackman!

As previously stated, when you have the best things money can buy, they dont need a big game.

Would you rather have 20% of 1,000 or 20% of 20,000. Hum lets see, I went to Maplewood and I am going to choose,.... B final answer. You think people who have and get money is stupid? That's how the got money, they ain't stupid.

Gotta go, watching chain gang film from last years games...6 hours to go, I gotta throw up!

And as previously stated, TV is gonna take awy from whatever big gate they could possibly have. Why do you think attendance at the state championships stink? Because everyone wants to watch in the comfort of their own home

FWIW, when Ricky was the coach at MBA, his team played Jax-Bolles in Jax amidst, literally, hurricane conditions. This while his team was running an option offense that was crushed by the rain. Supposedly the Bolles people suggested they cancel the game, but RB said he would agree to do so only if Bolles informed the USA Today rankings people (in which MBA was ranked) that it was their decision (not mutual) to cancel. They said no and played the game; MBA was beaten handily in a monsoon. I don't think Ricky is afraid of the rain.

Anyways major props to the Defending 5A Champ OAKLAND PATRIOTS for playing this game against a local D2 opponent. Too bad certain schools nearby you won't do the same. Normally I would cheer for the D2 team, but not this D2 team. Go Patriots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The more ive talked to folks, the more I am convinced that Bowers was pretty much forced into cancelling the game.

And as previously stated, TV is gonna take awy from whatever big gate they could possibly have. Why do you think attendance at the state championships stink? Because everyone wants to watch in the comfort of their own home

OP, I gotta say it.... your frickin nuts if you think postponing the game had anything to do with other than sweet mula :motorbike:

So I guess saturday night the game will be played in front of the bands and tumbleweeds :motorbike:

Whatever... look I hate to do this but I gotta run... I gotta ram my head into a locker! anybody seen my eyeblack?

OP, I gotta say it.... your frickin nuts if you think postponing the game had anything to do with other than sweet mula :motorbike:

So I guess saturday night the game will be played in front of the bands and tumbleweeds :motorbike:

Whatever... look I hate to do this but I gotta run... I gotta ram my head into a locker! anybody seen my eyeblack?

I know it has plenty to do with money. Im just glad that Oakland will get their chance to host as well. The game would have been played last night had Oakland been the home team.........

I am anxious to get this one in the books. Sort of tired of waiting for it. Some of the excitement has worn off for me. I could care less about playing Ensworth to tell you the truth. Big deal about being on TV. Would much rather be playing Cookeville, Wilson Central, Lebanon, Franklin, Hunters Lane, Gallatin, Hendersonville, or Brentwood tonight. In my eyes that is real football rivalry at its best.

I really enjoyed watching BGA VS Franklin last night. Great game and a lot closer than anyone dreamed it was going to be. Watching Marty and Donnie match wits against each other was a real treat. Made my heart swell with pride to see Marty Euverard and Donnie Webb both run onto the field. Although they were in opposite colors, and not in my beloved red, white, and Blue.....the respect that both commanded from their players was as great as when they were in Marty's Army at Oakland. First class at its very best. I miss both very much and am grateful for the memories and camraderie of glory days gone by. No matter who suits up at oakland, these two men will always be the ONLY OAKLAND to me. Wingman, wish we could have gone to this one together this year. Always nice to be with someone who appreciates these two guys like I do. Best of luck to BGA and Franklin the rest of the way. Hope to come to more of your games in the near future. I will support you both over anyone till the day you see fit to retire.

Now.......let's go PATRIOTS> keep the focus on tonight! Don't look ahead in the schedule because tonight is YOUR night to make history.

Austin Murray.....YOU ARE THE MANNNNNN!!