District 4a This Year

I agree with Kaz!

Also, if West doesn't come back who are the top candidates? I think we should go with someone that is a proven High School coach and winner! I think Oneida has much to offer a coach and would be an inviting job if the admin really searched for the best candidate.

Nothing like going to a place where winning has been a tradition for a decade or two :bored:

This Oneida team can compete for a District and Region Crown next year...notice I said compete and not win...that'll be up to how the coaching job works out

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knight......AJ is surrounded by some very good players (shooters) this year. Obviously they will take a hit with graduation, but if she has to do the majority of the work herself next season......teams will load up on her! (multiple defenders) She is a very accomplished player, but her job will be even harder next season unless some players on the bench now get better before next November. Still, because of AJ's return, they should be a solid contender for the District Title.

Dog.....if they run Coach C. out of the gym (not likely), OS would drop considerably. They weren't half as good as their fans thought they were this year. Believe it or not.....they got coached up! With graduation they will make an already thin line-up, even thinner. Coach C. will have her work cut out for her again, but she can find a way if her returning players work hard in the off-season. Truthfully, next season success or failure hinges on that! If they take the summer off.....they will be middle of the road at best!

:lol: Kazzy :D

Dog.....if they run Coach C. out of the gym (not likely), OS would drop considerably. They weren't half as good as their fans thought they were this year. Believe it or not.....they got coached up! With graduation they will make an already thin line-up, even thinner. Coach C. will have her work cut out for her again, but she can find a way if her returning players work hard in the off-season. Truthfully, next season success or failure hinges on that! If they take the summer off.....they will be middle of the road at best!

:thumb: Kazzy :blush:

Kazzy... to my understanding OS lost 1 girl yes she was a key player, but out of the teams that made it to regionals them and oakdale are the only ones not to loss alot of girls

O.S. and Oakdale should be very good next year and should be near the top of the district. They will probably be followed up by Coalfield and Oneida.

I know i'm harping on it but Oneida needs to find a proven high school coach to take this team. They do not need to be breaking anyone in with a group that might be able to win a dist or region.

Who's talking about running Christopher off? That would be crazy! She has done an excellent job. Everyone bashes that guy from WB too but I'd consider them two of the best in A. Maybe we could get MC with JD up here as a dual coaching threat. :thumb:

Oneida gets everyone back next season and they should receive a boost from the Yaden girl that sat out all of last season due to injury. I believe she was expected to impact the line-up before she went down in the pre-season. The Lady Indians have a lot of bodies to look at between now and next Fall, and they might have more than a few candidates to push for playing time. Most of their future post players are athletic and long, which is a good mix for any coach to work with. Can see this team being very good next year if things fall the right way. I would pick them 2nd in the pre-season.

Is it just me.......? I think Oakdale just flat out overachieved this past season! Oh, they hustle and scrap and fight tooth and nail......but their parts seem to just be, well, ordinary. I'm not deriding the kids......they work really hard from what I see! I even said Snow should have won the Coach of the Year.....he did a fantastic job. But to me, they just look beatable. Maybe I shouldn't judge the book by it's cover, huh?!?!

:D Kaz :D

Don't think it worked out too well for tellico!

Wartburg will be fine next year if the parents let the coach do his job. My reasoning for them maybe being bad rests on a very weak group of future seniors. If JD doesent play any one of them then I'm pretty sure he will face problems from their parents. Looking at his roster on here I doubt if more than 2 of them crack the rotation let alone the first 5.Good group of Jr's (Kidd all Dist, Davidson all region) coming up and soph, and one very good fresh pg. Next year could be rebuilding but 2011 could be right back on top!

Teams in Region next year Coalfield, Oakdale, O.S., Oneida. Wartburg is 5th (unless they have some more tourney magic) But they could be 1 the next year!

Don't think it worked out too well for tellico!

Wartburg will be fine next year if the parents let the coach do his job. My reasoning for them maybe being bad rests on a very weak group of future seniors. If JD doesent play any one of them then I'm pretty sure he will face problems from their parents. Looking at his roster on here I doubt if more than 2 of them crack the rotation let alone the first 5.Good group of Jr's (Kidd all Dist, Davidson all region) coming up and soph, and one very good fresh pg. Next year could be rebuilding but 2011 could be right back on top!

Teams in Region next year Coalfield, Oakdale, O.S., Oneida. Wartburg is 5th (unless they have some more tourney magic) But they could be 1 the next year!

Gee, maybe this will be the first time JD can play his players based on ability rather than playing his seniors. What a novel ideal for Wartburg fans. He has two upcoming seniors who should start along with 3 upcoming juniors. I think Wartburg fans are going to be in for a very exciting season next year with a faster paced team rather than "pass" "pass" "pass" "turnover". This group of girls get along very well and will exhibit a higher level of teamwork than Wartburg has seen in awhile. Let's hope

bulldogplayer mom has to eat her words.