Huntingdon vs. Milan

stang50

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huntingdon has 367 students and they are 1A? They should at least be 2A in the playoffs. They should be playing the Humboldts and McKenzie's in the playoffs. South Fulton has something like 220 students. Greenfield has somewhere around 190. Gleason has like 168 students. They are truly 1A.

So, remember when Huntingdon plays Gleason, that they are twice the size of Gleason school. Yet, play Huntingdon, they must.....and in the playoffs, if they make it....will have to play big schools like Union City and Huntingdon. :roflol:

Just think if there was only three classifications like back in the day ???.....Maybe one of these days the T.$.$.A.A. will go to 10 classifications and there won't be anyone over 200 students in 1A so Greenfield and Gleason can compete for a State Title.....Then, you guys will be the "big" school in your classification.... :roflol: .....

Oh and BTW.....Huntingdon could've played up...UC too....Neither HAD to move down....We need to clear that up...

Huntingdon has 367 students and they are 1A? They should at least be 2A in the playoffs. They should be playing the Humboldts and McKenzie's in the playoffs. South Fulton has something like 220 students. Greenfield has somewhere around 190. Gleason has like 168 students. They are truly 1A.

So, remember when Huntingdon plays Gleason, that they are twice the size of Gleason school. Yet, play Huntingdon, they must.....and in the playoffs, if they make it....will have to play big schools like Union City and Huntingdon. :roflol:

Just think if there was only three classifications like back in the day ???.....Maybe one of these days the T.$.$.A.A. will go to 10 classifications and there won't be anyone over 200 students in 1A so Greenfield and Gleason can compete for a State Title.....Then, you guys will be the "big" school in your classification.... :roflol: .....

Oh and BTW.....Huntingdon could've played up...UC too....Neither HAD to move down....We need to clear that up...

When one sport decides to play up that means all other sports had to play up they way the tssaa set it up this time! Let's clear that up! How about everybody quit crying and play ball! If your school only has 160 or so people in it then chances are you will never win a state championship!

Milan has close to twice as many students as huntingdon. We chose to play them, didnt have too. Bet you wont hear huntingdon using that excuse when we play, win or lose. If everyone would play up a little when they can it might help them more in the playoffs than whining. This isnt a proven formula but i bet it has its advantages. I dont think we ever used that excuse when we had to face them in the playoffs.

Well, I'm planning on going to this one. ... I've been to classic Union City-Huntingdon games at historic Paul Ward Stadium -- an outstanding football venue, btw -- and I'm looking forward to this one. ... Might even have to bring the camera and snap a few shots.

NWTennSports.. You're more than welcome at Paul Ward Stadium. Just sit on the Huntingdon side. If you haven't been to a game in a few years you'll notice new restrooms and a new concession stand behind the pressbox at the main entrance. The visitors have the north end concession stand and nice men's and women's facilities. The school board is to commended. Hope the scoreboard works Friday night. I think the same people that installed the scoreboard at Johnnie Hale Stadium put our new scoreboard in cause it went on the blink :lol: several times during the Middle School game Tuesday night.

If you can't make it you are able to listen to the game at 100.9 FM. I think you can pick it up in UC. The game will be on the web at http://www.thefarmradio.com beginning pregame at 6:45.

Go Mustangs....

Milan has to go through Dyersburg (1051) Covington (807) Haywood (990) Ripley (910)

Milan is tiny with 626 compared to those schools but you just have to man up and get it done.

Greenfield probably doesn't like playing these schools at all but probably isn't worried about playing them in the regular season than maybe playing a Huntingdon in a playoff and loser go home game..Same with Milan..Yall just play Dyersburg and those teams in the regular season..would be a lot tougher chore if you had to beat them in the playoffs with only 1 team advancing..I'm sure Milan would rather play Humboldt,a school closer to their size than Dyersburg..I'm sure Greenfield fan would rather play Gleason,West Carrol or even Jo Byrns or Mt.Pleasant ..teams closer to their size in the playoffs..I'm pretty sure if Lake Co wasn't playing McKenzie,Union City if football the past several years ,would have been a few more state championship appearances..Same in basketball..If not playing Humboldt and Union City..I believe Lake Co would have at least had the chance to play for the Gold ball..May not have won it all..but at least been there..!I'm one of the few from a small school that actually likes playing Union City..glad we're playing Humboldt..Played Trenton last year and won..Know Trenton didn't win many games last year but we don't know what they had last year or this year..Of course if Humboldt beats us 50-0..I may change my tune..lol..But for myself personally,I would rather play Union City and lose than beat a Fulton city 70-0.!

So, remember when Huntingdon plays Gleason, that they are twice the size of Gleason school. Yet, play Huntingdon, they must.....and in the playoffs, if they make it....will have to play big schools like Union City and Huntingdon. :D

Just think if there was only three classifications like back in the day ???.....Maybe one of these days the T.$.$.A.A. will go to 10 classifications and there won't be anyone over 200 students in 1A so Greenfield and Gleason can compete for a State Title.....Then, you guys will be the "big" school in your classification.... :popcorneater: .....

When one sport decides to play up that means all other sports had to play up they way the tssaa set it up this time! Let's clear that up! How about everybody quit crying and play ball! If your school only has 160 or so people in it then chances are you will never win a state championship!

Which still doesn't change the fact they could've played up....Clearing Up... :thumb: