Huntingdon vs. Milan

stang50

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Huntingdon doesn't win the Class A State Championship it will have to go down as a terrible season. There is no excuse for them with who they have to play in Class A not to win it all. Huntingdon played up a classification for decades all the pressure is on the Mustangs to win the Gold Ball.

I would think that was a little permature besides there is a long to go before that should be even talked about right now. You have your opinion and i mine if they go on and win 11 or 12 games i hope they do win it all. But to me that wouldn't be called a terrible season maybe heart breaking. But it still would be a great season. That is my way of thinking i do hope that they can win it all and i believe they can. With the schedule they play out side the district come playoff time they will have already been battle tested. I do think they can and hopefully bring back a gold ball back to Huntingdon and West Tn. Good luck tonight and on the rest of the year to the Mustangs!! :unsure:

If Huntingdon doesn't win the Class A State Championship it will have to go down as a terrible season. There is no excuse for them with who they have to play in Class A not to win it all. Huntingdon played up a classification for decades all the pressure is on the Mustangs to win the Gold Ball.

Dear Newbie.. Huntingdon plays where enrollment puts them. Huntingdon was always at the bottom of 2-AA now they are at the top of 1-A. Milan was at the top of 2-AA and now they are at the bottom of 3-AAA. We don't complain. Milan doesn't either. We play where the TSSAA puts us.

What school are you from? Guess we'll have to find out on your following posts. I promise, the Mustangs aren't thinking Title Game at all. Betcha a coke they're more worried about Milan than anything else.

Go Mustangs...

Guess everyone could elect to play in 6A and then TSSAA wouldn't have to decide how to divide everyone up.

I know the current system has flaws but there is no way for everyone to be happy.

There have been a few years recently that if Huntingdon was already in A they would have won a state championship. We played for years just being a few(less than 10) students over the breaking point to be in A. Huntingdon has lined up and played against em all. Milan does the same thing each year.

Now back to the game.

There is no doubt that on paper Milan has the better team going into tonight. Huntingdon can gain a lot from this game regardless of what the scoreboards says at the end of the night. With that said, I also believe with good play on our part and maybe a break or two, Huntingdon can win this ballgame. My biggest concern is still the same as it was before playing Westview - our defense. We are subject to giving up too many big plays currently.

Look forward to a great game tonight.

See you there!!

Either UC or Huntingdon should be playing for the 1A championship every year that they play at thier size. If they dont, then the season wasnt what it should be.

BTW, Greenfield plays Humboldt, Trenton, Union City, and Dresden in the regular season. They are all much larger schools.

:wacko:

There is one VERY big difference between Greenfield's and Huntingdon's schedule though. All of the games you just mentioned are required due to district obligations with the exception of one. Dresden was an optional game and I believe they were 0-10 last year.

Huntingdon's optional games are: Westview, Milan, Camden, Union City, and Dyer County.

I understand completely the argument of wanting to play schools that are the same size, but it is not going to happen. There are just not that many schools the size of Greenfield, Gleason, etc. There is always the option of consolidating with Westview, for example, if size is what your concerned with or giving up football all together.

Your point is well taken on wanting to level the playing field. Huntingdon played for years as the small school in a bigger division and had some pretty good success. We have cycled through some years where the talent has not been as good and the record showed accordingly. However, the opponents we scheduled were still the big kids on the block.

Instead of trying to bring the competition down to where your at, raise your level of play and go after them. Trust me, the games are a lot more fun when you beat those "larger" schools. Granted there are often times a lot of bumps and bruises that come with playing those games.

Milan has the overall edge in the series with Huntingdon but it has made for some of the best high school games I have seen. We look forward to playing them even if we know the odds are not good because luckily the number of students does not put any points on the board.

Stangfan... That's one of the best posts about HHS football ever here on CoachT. Direct and to the point with no malice or bragging.

Now on another point. If "Tiny" can get the helicopter to the game tonight I will pay his dues next year in the Pigskin Pals. Bringing the copter in would be awesome. He's often overlooked for all he does to promote Mustang Football and to help with the "Pigskin Pals" whenever called upon. Fans like "Tiny" make "The Tradition of Excellence" mantra an ongoing rallying cry.

Go Mustangs....

Either UC or Huntingdon should be playing for the 1A championship every year that they play at thier size. If they dont, then the season wasnt what it should be.

BTW, Greenfield plays Humboldt, Trenton, Union City, and Dresden in the regular season. They are all much larger schools.

:wacko:

volfan007, I've read your crybaby comments about the new TSSAA classifications until I am blue in the face. Now I would like for you to just go away. This is a Milan - Huntingdon thread in case you haven't noticed. Why not start your own topic and see if anyone else cares about what you think? I don't even care if you go away mad, JUST GO AWAY!!!