Huntingdon vs. Milan

stang50

Milan is going to be Milan, but Alcoa dominated Maryville last night according to what I have seen and heard, so that will be a tough mountain to climb. With Huntingdon playing in 1A, they have a shot to go a long way this year. The question is do Trousdale and South Pitt play in A or AA? If the Mustangs can avoid them, they have a legit shot.

I think this is correct Trousdale plays in 2A and South Pittsburg in 1A. Huntingdon will go a long way no doubt they prove that last night! It will take a darn good 1A school to beat the Mustangs. Milan has some work to do on defense not taking anything away from the Mustangs. But if Milan don't sharpen up on defense they will be making a early exit this fall. Good luck to the Mustangs and Dogs the rest of the year!! I meant to say also what a great football town is Huntingdon!! :?:

Zebra99.. Thanks for the kind words but I think UC and Jo Byrns will have a say in who goes, don't you?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Thompson kid does play defense. he is the starting saftey.

Really? That makes me go hmmm. I did not notice him on the field for Defense until the 4th quarter. What about Holder?

Actually Thompson is the starting weak side outside lb in a 4-4 defense. He was on the field most of the game on defense.

Holder does not play on defense.

The Thompson kid does play defense. he is the starting saftey.

Really? That makes me go hmmm. I did not notice him on the field for Defense until the 4th quarter. What about Holder?

Actually Thompson is the starting weak side outside lb in a 4-4 defense. He was on the field most of the game on defense.

Holder does not play on defense.

well i just knew he started on defense.

who ever the guy is talking about the coaching staff for the stangs just shows how ignorant he really is!!! cannot believe the comments! if we didn't turn it over 3 times we win. how about you keep your negativity away from our team and community!we don't need and will not tolerate it. great game last night and if anybody had questions about either team they should have the answer now. go stangs and yes mustang football is back!

Yes i agree with you Jo Bryns and UC both are very good! I was impressed with the Mustangs being 1A school with around 70 players dressed out! Thats more than some large schools have! UC has no depth only dress out around 25 players if any injuries happen they could be in big trouble. What i am saying is they darn well better be ready to play when they meet up with the Mustangs! Yes its a long road yet to go no doubt but i do believe that Huntingdon will be right in the mix of it all!! Good luck and i hope you stay injury free the rest of the year! Beware UC u better be ready for the Mustangs are coming!! :thumb:

No im not an upset parent and i dont live in or near huntingdon. I keep hearing that the turnovers killed them and to a degree your right any turnover hurts the team. But all those turnovers were in the first half and they had the lead well after that. Dont come at me with idiot statement just bc your beloved coach called a hb pass with a running back that has averaged over 230 yrds of offense in the first two games. I never said anything negative about these players, they played their hearts out and i commend them all I said was stand behind your playmakers and go nose to nose with them bc thats why you had the lead in the first place. read b4 you post jerks....

Considering the turnovers led to 10 Milan points and the final margin was 4 points, pretty safe to say the turnovers were one of the BIGGEST factors in the outcome of the game. Add to that, one of the turnovers was inside the Milan 10 which although not a guaranteed score the likelihood was pretty good.

It was not the call I would have made in that situation. However, I will also admit that I gave Huntingdon very little chance of pulling out a win against Milan. The job the coaching staff did in getting the team ready to play and the overall gameplan was excellent.

If your smart enough to know what call to make everytime, you need to start coaching. Just think about the fact that the execution of the play wasn't pefect either. Holder could have pulled the ball down and ran with it. Thompson could have broken the interception up.

Regardless, this is not the place to be calling out players or coaches. It is amazing that a game played and coached so well, you would pick out one play to comment on.

It was a great game. Congratulate the players, coaches, and fans(well all but the one that blew the air horn) on their efforts and an amazing atmosphere for high school football.

who ever the guy is talking about the coaching staff for the stangs just shows how ignorant he really is!!! cannot believe the comments! if we didn't turn it over 3 times we win. how about you keep your negativity away from our team and community!we don't need and will not tolerate it. great game last night and if anybody had questions about either team they should have the answer now. go stangs and yes mustang football is back!

I agree that the turnovers did hurt you, but I won't say that you would've won if they did not happen. It is easy to say take this away and that will happen. However if they don't fumble maybe Milan does something different to. Also, 2 of those fumbles were because of tremendous licks by Milan. Not sure about the one inside your 5 yard line. I could not see. Milan also made numerous mistakes. We lost a TD in the 3rd quarter because of a penalty. It is high school football. That is the way it goes. You guys have a great team. I just don't like it when people say things like if "X" doesn't happen then we win. It just doesn't work that way.

Im really trying to figure out where i am bad mouthing anyone. I said he made a poor coaching play. A single play and im the devil. Its amazing how a non bias person make a comment and he's so wrong. I never reposted anything but then you get in and say stay away from your town and community. WOW.. would it be different if I commended his vast improvment on special teams, but wait the players did that not him, right,since he didnt make the turnovers cant credit him for fixing the problems from the westview game. See it can go both ways. I never said anything remotely negative about Swenson, Ive met him a few times and he is a really good guy, but he made a poor judgment call, no one is perfect but in coaching you are the one that gets the glory or takes the heat. My coach taught me that players win games and coaches lose them, that comes from a D-1 ncaa coach.

Ok ok time to move on.. Huntingdon football is back the mustangs are for real and finally has the community support we been lackin past few years. Milan, great game and good luck the rest of the season we both have the rest of the season to finish so lets move on and worry bout bruceton. there not a team we should take likely gotta prepare for them just as we would milan. lets stop arguin and get on to week 2!

Im really trying to figure out where i am bad mouthing anyone. I said he made a poor coaching play. A single play and im the devil. Its amazing how a non bias person make a comment and he's so wrong. I never reposted anything but then you get in and say stay away from your town and community. WOW.. would it be different if I commended his vast improvment on special teams, but wait the players did that not him, right,since he didnt make the turnovers cant credit him for fixing the problems from the westview game. See it can go both ways. I never said anything remotely negative about Swenson, Ive met him a few times and he is a really good guy, but he made a poor judgment call, no one is perfect but in coaching you are the one that gets the glory or takes the heat. My coach taught me that players win games and coaches lose them, that comes from a D-1 ncaa coach.

You are apparently the only one who thinks he made a poor judgment call. I am a Milan fan, and I even thought it was a good call. The only thing is that Holder should have tucked it since the receiver was not wide open. Maybe he could have stressed the run/pass option a little more to Holder. I think the only person on the field that was not a Huntingdon person that thought pass was the DB. I would have done it too.