OOLTEWAH VS AUSTIN EAST

PRIMETIME OWL

What can anyone say, the offense was offensive. You don't run wide on a speed team and those little flare out screens don't work either. Last week we had some success with #43 and #44 up the middle early and when we tried that in the second half what did ok. 3 and 4 yards and a couple of first downs. Brady I appreciate not throwing INT's but sometimes your players can make the play. Let go of the ball sometimes. I really am not sure what is going to fix that mess. Find something that works and build off of it.

Defense wow, all I can say is wow. You were on the field all night and they were the ones cramping. Keep up the good work D and hopefully the O will catch up soon.

Go Owls

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What can anyone say, the offense was offensive. You don't run wide on a speed team and those little flare out screens don't work either. Last week we had some success with #43 and #44 up the middle early and when we tried that in the second half what did ok. 3 and 4 yards and a couple of first downs. Brady I appreciate not throwing INT's but sometimes your players can make the play. Let go of the ball sometimes. I really am not sure what is going to fix that mess. Find something that works and build off of it.

Defense wow, all I can say is wow. You were on the field all night and they were the ones cramping. Keep up the good work D and hopefully the O will catch up soon.

Go Owls

I am with you HornedOwl. I have been quite so far this year because I have not seen anything change on offensive. Defense carries the Owls and will probably outscore the offense by the time the season is over. Give the ball to #43 and #44 more and turn them loose. Maybe we should try running the option with #5.

Frustrated but still supporting. Go Owls!!!

First of all Ooltewah better be glad it was nt 28-7 !!!!!! If AE had a kicker it would ve been ugly, they came and played one heck of a game. Owls offense was just horrible IMO.......and as far as the QB goes in his defense he didnt have very good blocking against a great AE defense BUT throwing the ball in the ground,behind and every where else has got to stop. The first down the QB got only happened because of the great comeback block by the receiver which was great one by the way..........i ve said it in the past about this celebrating after a play and that was ridiculous. Defense was great and i hope the O comes around SOON, REAL SOON or something s gonna have to change for Owls to get to playoffs.

Here we go again, everybody is trying to find someone to blame. I think all around Ooltewah had a terrible game but that happens. We have got to learn to BLOCK for our QB. Brady had no time to do anything with the ball. You have to have people who can catch the ball, run the ball, and do something with it. That requires a WHOLE team not just one. I just believe that this was Ooltewah's BAD game and we will do well and work on everything we need to by next week. Now that we have that game out of the way, its time to roll. We need to give our players correct, they DID WIN the game.. I am not sure that playing two QB will be anything different. I think letting Brady run the ball will help some. But we have got together in everything, there were times last night where the guys did not know which way they were going. Work hard this week and lets kick Soddy's butt. We support you no matter what

It would be dumb to not atleast try Stephens out when he becomes eligible. He put up better numbers in his 5 games at ND as a freshman than Reed has this past 2 years and 2 games.

Yeah - there wasn't much pass blocking - but there's been nothing to indicate our QB play is any better than last year or the year before.

My thoughts on tonight's game:

1) This game featured 2 of the best defensive front 7s in East Tennessee, they dominated the game.

2) Ooltewah's Jordan Patty is playing like he did as a sophomore (13 tackles tonight, 28 in 2 games), and that is a VERY good thing. His hit on Oggs in the first quarter changed the game and hurt his effectiveness. He wasn't the same the rest of the night (AE's PAT was a prime example).

3) Brady Reed is not forcing the issue. He's protecting the ball and letting things come to him. That is a good sign. He had a couple of key runs in the game to keep drives alive, including the Owls' TD drive).

4) The Ooltewah OL was hurting some with the starting LT out with a broken thumb (Combs, I believe. He did have surgery on it today) which hurt the blocking scheme. But they HAVE to improve.

5) Austin-East did shoot themselves in the foot quite a bit. They did have 8 penalties which all were either an illegal procedure or 12 men in the huddle. Going 1-for-4 in the red zone with once being a turnover on downs and the other 2 being interceptions is not going to help your cause.

6) It was Week 1 people.

7) Both teams have excellent speed and that negated each other.

8) Both teams will continue to get better on O, but both teams' D will keep them in games.

9) John Long was inconsistent with his punting, but kickoffs were excellent again.

10) Austin-East - two words - Pickle juice

That's it for now, time to move on. Ooltewah gets preped for Soddy-Daisy and Austin East gets ready for Fulton. Big rivalry games for both, and good luck to the Roadrunners the rest of the way, hope to see you in Cookeville.

You are almost right, it was the RT Vazquez that had the surgery and yes he is the starter, and the LT had his hand wrapped-up and playing at the RT spot to help the line. They will get things together for next week at Soddy Daisy. GO OWLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Combs is not hurt.

Shelly, sounds to me like A-E choked, I know Owl fan likes to think they are better than they really are, but did the Runners have a chance to get a tough road W and blow it??

I knew this would be the best game in the East this night.

Only time will tell APB!!! I was in Alcoa last night, that was a good game by yall.. Like I told D Herb after the game, "Good Game, we'll be coming a few more weeks!" B)

Here we go again, everybody is trying to find someone to blame. I think all around Ooltewah had a terrible game but that happens. We have got to learn to BLOCK for our QB. Brady had no time to do anything with the ball. You have to have people who can catch the ball, run the ball, and do something with it. That requires a WHOLE team not just one. I just believe that this was Ooltewah's BAD game and we will do well and work on everything we need to by next week. Now that we have that game out of the way, its time to roll. We need to give our players correct, they DID WIN the game.. I am not sure that playing two QB will be anything different. I think letting Brady run the ball will help some. But we have got together in everything, there were times last night where the guys did not know which way they were going. Work hard this week and lets kick Soddy's butt. We support you no matter what

Not blaming any one person. That was a total offense system failure. 3 step slants and rolling the pocket make up for a lack of size on the line. It is all about tecnique and coaching. Benny has forgotten more than I will ever know and I do and will support them. I would just like to see things change for the better. Great D by A-E compounded the problem and that was one of the most unorganized referree groups I have ever seen. Did you see the White Hat signal first down when it was clearly a yard short and the rest of the refs had to correct him? Also that was roughing the kicker not running into the kicker and should have been 15 and automatic first and dual possesion goes to the offense. The ref's were not the reason we looked bad, they just contributed to the problem.

Go Owls and on to Soddy

Well - Bradley Stephens will be eligible to play like the 6th game I believe - but will Monroe have the guts to play him over his 3 year starter? If he wants to score more point he will...

:thumb: You can't be serious? Bradley stephens? You have got to be joking,please tell me your joking.He is nowhere ready to play at the highschool level.I will leave it at that.bottom line...owls better do something,QUICK!!!!! bradley stevens isn't it,not even close.start with finding the right mix of linemen,then add more weapons on offense.MONROE is the best play caller around.,.excution kills us more than play calling.

Anyone that saw the JV jamboree against Brainard last Saturday night would know that Stephens is no where near ready to play... I will leave it at that.....

Remember Owl fans... Our offense didnt gel until about the Heritage game last year...give them some time with the young O line.....we will be fine...our defense will carry us to that point

player of the game Friday night vs Austin East..... Traci Hunter.... SOLID cornerback

Brady will bring it together just give it some time. I do not believe changing the Qb is the answer. I believe he will have a stand out game coming up and then everyone will be jumping on the band wagon again. I do not understand you people and things you say. Just because a person has a bad game we don't jerk him out the next game. Give him a break. I just don't see why Brady is the only one who always gets called out. I don't hear anyone calling out the O-Line and anybody who makes a fumble or misses a pass. But everyone always says " nothing against Brady." Obviously it is. But thats ok I know he is a stand out kid and he will show everyone what he is made of. Lets go Owls, stick together as a team and give everyone up. Remember even if no one else does you are 2-0 and Senior class needs to keep this team together and play your hearts out.