Cleveland at McMinn Central

Charlie Murphy

What's the word on this one?

Charlie has seen Cleveland in the Jamboree and Central at the BCHS five way a few weeks ago, but don't really have a feel for this one....I know CHS struggled with keeping Howard's DEs of the QB a few times. Straight speed rushes off the edge, which is something that Central can bring too...

Central didn't seem to have much size and at the time the Rayl kid didn't impress too much, but to stay close to County like they did, maybe they've improved since that scrimmage, or was it just rivalry adrenaline?

Is Cleveland as good as McMinn CO. on either side of the ball? The game is at Central. I'm about to talk myself into a pick that I thought I could never make.......

Let's hear some thoughts.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only seen Cleveland this year in the jamboree and I have yet to see McMinn Central. As far as the game goes from Cleveland's standpoint, I think it'll be interesting to see what they do. From what I here this week will be the first week that they will have every varsity player healthy, which is important considering Cleveland's lack of depth. Led by a offensive line full of seniors and three senior play-makers in the slots, I think Cleveland's offense will be very explosive this year. In all honesty the rush off of the ends in the scrimmage against Howard seemed more like missed assignments by the tackles, than being whipped. It'll be interesting to see what a Blue Raider football game looks like with Coach Slaughter at the helm. I'm going with Cleveland on this one (of course, :thumb: ) 35-21.

i seen enough to think that central has more than enough ability to beat cleveland...if they can keep from crampin up like they did against mcminn...i have never seen anything like what happened in that fourth quarter! my money is one central to come out fired up and ready to regroup and get in the win column. having moss back will be a big boost for the chargers.

i seen enough to think that central has more than enough ability to beat cleveland...if they can keep from crampin up like they did against mcminn...i have never seen anything like what happened in that fourth quarter! my money is one central to come out fired up and ready to regroup and get in the win column. having moss back will be a big boost for the chargers.

What a game this will be im gonna have to give Central the edge on this one if Central boys dont drink a lot of energy drinks like they did at Mcminn that caused so many cramps i see the Chargers winning plus my man Moss will be back GO CHARGERS!!!!!!

Oh yes people the famous Clevelandblueraider fan is back!! Went to watch Bradley and Polk play this past Friday, pretty good game, I tell ya. Well on to MY Raiders. Haven't got to get a crack at them yet. Haven't heard much good about them either. But we have playmakers at reciever, and senior O-linemen(even though I heard we haven't been blocking well). Im sure coach Slaughter will have the boys ready. I'm banking on alot of Cleveland offense( we going to put 21 on Ooltewah later on in the year lol :unsure:, they'll probably put of 42 though) this year. So I have to go with my hometown boys this week. Good Luck Central! GO Raiders baby!!!

P.S.-Aren't you guys glad I'm Back. Did you miss me?? Rhea Co. fans where yall at?? I still love you guys

What a game this will be im gonna have to give Central the edge on this one if Central boys dont drink a lot of energy drinks like they did at Mcminn that caused so many cramps i see the Chargers winning plus my man Moss will be back GO CHARGERS!!!!!!

think it is safe to say there won't be any energy drinks being consumed this week! haven't seen cleveland play but i know we have a great shot to beat them!

Unlike other years CHS has a pure drop back passer. He is not very mobile and not very tall ,but has a very nice arm. I wouldnt call this a true spread right now. Clevelands success this season will lie in the lines ability to protect the QB, because he isnt going to be able to escape. They still have a good WR and an untested RB. They are thin in the reserves,i.e. not very deep. Parks has been hurt and Davis as well, but is expected to play Friday night..Parks is the key skill position player.