MAPLEWOOD AT M.B.A. THIS WEEK

fleetwoodbrohm

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would suggest that anyone avoid placing any significant emphasis on the fact that Maplewood has players playing both ways. It seems to me that MBA's key players spend the majority of the game playing both ways too.

You hate to place too much emphasis on a Week 2 game, but with Ensworth coming up next week, this is a pretty big game for MBA. Win the next two weeks and a big buzz will begin. Go 1-1 there is still lots of football to be played. Go 0-2, people may start to look forward to MBA's talented basketball team.

With that said, I believe this is going to be a great game. In my opinion, MBA will win or lose this game based on their ability to limit the big play. They did not do a very good job in Week 1 but it was just Week 1.

I was impressed with the Bars kid. He was a beast last Saturday. He is everywhere. He must be 6'3" or 6'4" and runs like a deer. He chased down evasive runners like they were standing still. But he is just one guy and will need others to step it up in order for this defense to be state championship worthy.

On offense, I thought Colbert did a very efficient job. Once he begins to move through his progressions (if he has time) he could become a real weapon. He has a rocket for an arm. The Tanner kid catches everything and is very elusive on special teams. I'd like to see a few more hand-offs to the Lassing kid. He looked like he combined better than average speed with a lot of strength.

More than anything, MBA's OL and DL need to gain maturity quicker than would naturally evolve. I believe that there is where the true keys to this team's future lie.

As an MBA supporter, this game scares me a little bit. I am very uneasy to sit here and claim that MBA's toughness and physicality will prevail because so far, this MBA team hasn't shown that grit that previous teams have displayed. Yes Bars is a freak against Pearl... big deal, not to discredit his talent, the kid has a ton of natural ability, however if MBA is going to win this one, the Brad Bars' and the Fitz Lassing's and the Tee Griscom's are going to have to all step up and display some physical prowess against a good and big football team. Make no mistake about it, if they do not, then Maplewood wins this one and it could be big. However, even though Im feeling uneasy I'm saying MBA- 24 Maplewood- 21 in a nail bitter.

I would suggest that anyone avoid placing any significant emphasis on the fact that Maplewood has players playing both ways. It seems to me that MBA's key players spend the majority of the game playing both ways too.

You hate to place too much emphasis on a Week 2 game, but with Ensworth coming up next week, this is a pretty big game for MBA. Win the next two weeks and a big buzz will begin. Go 1-1 there is still lots of football to be played. Go 0-2, people may start to look forward to MBA's talented basketball team.

With that said, I believe this is going to be a great game. In my opinion, MBA will win or lose this game based on their ability to limit the big play. They did not do a very good job in Week 1 but it was just Week 1.

I was impressed with the Bars kid. He was a beast last Saturday. He is everywhere. He must be 6'3" or 6'4" and runs like a deer. He chased down evasive runners like they were standing still. But he is just one guy and will need others to step it up in order for this defense to be state championship worthy.

On offense, I thought Colbert did a very efficient job. Once he begins to move through his progressions (if he has time) he could become a real weapon. He has a rocket for an arm. The Tanner kid catches everything and is very elusive on special teams. I'd like to see a few more hand-offs to the Lassing kid. He looked like he combined better than average speed with a lot of strength.

More than anything, MBA's OL and DL need to gain maturity quicker than would naturally evolve. I believe that there is where the true keys to this team's future lie.

Very well-thought out first post. I'm not sure that anything will be very clear for 3-4 weeks. We think some teams have talent and will be good, but there are always surprises. If Hillsboro and Oakland go 1-9, then Maplewood's and Ensworth's wins lose some of the luster. Not that I think that's likely, but it is a thought.

I'd like to think MBA kept a few things close to the vest, but their special teams worry me a bit. They haven't punted in a real game, they took a major penalty on a punt, and gave up a kick-off return. There were enough mistakes to lose more than one game. Throw in the possibility of looking to the Ensworth game, and there are a lot of things to worry about.

Good job of reeling this thread back in, gentlemen.

Good to finally see some action on this board and for the Big Red! Admittedly, I have been absent from the board lately, but glad to be back.

This game scares me too. Maplewood obviously has the athletes, but they also appear to me to be well coached and disciplined. As a high school football fan, it is fun to see them at a high level considering where they were just a few years ago. Having said that, I think this game comes down to who wants it more in the 4th quarter. I think MBA is the better conditioned and more disciplined team and that will be the deciding factor in this one. It's hard to put much stock in the first game for any team and I believe the Big Red will come out strong this week. The key will be to eliminate mistakes, shore up special team and, most of all, have some fire about them.

Roll Red.

Ive watched both teams and what I thought interesting was the emotion that Maplewood plays with, both teams play with alot of emotion but it seemed that if Maplewood's emotion rides the flow of the game, meaning that if they get a big play they instantly go nuts, and this season they havent had any bad plays or mistakes that could make their emotion possibly go the other way, and in this tight game that is bound to happen for each team. I think a HUGE key in the game is which team can bounce back from an emotional blow, and I see MBA as being able to absorb shots and keep going, while Maplewood (in my opinion) may give up a pick or a big touchdown and not be able to recover. Im gonna pick MBA pulling away in the end, 27-12

Good job of reeling this thread back in, gentlemen.

Good to finally see some action on this board and for the Big Red! Admittedly, I have been absent from the board lately, but glad to be back.

This game scares me too. Maplewood obviously has the athletes, but they also appear to me to be well coached and disciplined. As a high school football fan, it is fun to see them at a high level considering where they were just a few years ago. Having said that, I think this game comes down to who wants it more in the 4th quarter. I think MBA is the better conditioned and more disciplined team and that will be the deciding factor in this one. It's hard to put much stock in the first game for any team and I believe the Big Red will come out strong this week. The key will be to eliminate mistakes, shore up special team and, most of all, have some fire about them.

Roll Red.

*clap* *clap* *clap* .... :popcorneater: thanks gents

he is my take its almost like yours but different

This game does not scares me. Maplewood obviously has the better athletes, they appear to be well coached and disciplined. As a football fan in general, it is great to see Maplewood at a high level year after year considering where they were several years ago. I know this game comes down to who wants it more period ..my take - win every quarter, I think Maplewood is the better conditioned! more disciplined!, faster!, stronger team! and that will be the deciding factor in this one. Put as much stock in the first game as you like because that game sets the tone for the players and coaches its just a glimpse of whats to come or what could come. the players feel it and they like it and they want more ask red boiling springs players, with that being said Maplewood will come out stronger and faster this week. The key will be to eliminate mistakes, and score points and stop MBA from scoring... i mean.. i thought that was how football was played ...right?

Maplewood 34 - MBA 14

Ive watched both teams and what I thought interesting was the emotion that Maplewood plays with, both teams play with alot of emotion but it seemed that if Maplewood's emotion rides the flow of the game, meaning that if they get a big play they instantly go nuts, and this season they havent had any bad plays or mistakes that could make their emotion possibly go the other way, and in this tight game that is bound to happen for each team. I think a HUGE key in the game is which team can bounce back from an emotional blow, and I see MBA as being able to absorb shots and keep going, while Maplewood (in my opinion) may give up a pick or a big touchdown and not be able to recover. Im gonna pick MBA pulling away in the end, 27-12

I see what you're saying and i see why you may think that ..but im thinking different, way different ..emotional blows? not the case in my eyes ..take last friday Hillsboro got right back in the game on a long play for a TD ..that could have been taken as a "emotional blow" ..but how did Maplewood respond, they hit them right back even harder on offense.. then on defense they scattered, smothered and covered everything else Hillsboro pulled out the bag ..and that was only after 1 blow ..and you want to deal a blow to them more than once? all i can say is ....pass the ketchup my friend, pass the ketchup :popcorneater:

I see Maplewood pulling away by Half -Time ...now i may be wrong ..then again i may not.

your right ..i didnt understand :thumb: my bad ... but i do understand that maplewood will come and lay down the law!!

It's kind of funny that you say Maplewood and the law in the same sentence. If Maplewood's players can stay on the right side of it, they may have a good season!

ol rat head ... there we go micman aka shawn taylor!! ...true colors ...come on out ...i said this better be fun ...we on the right track now baby!!! and maplewood is going to be on track to beat you down friday ..come sit by me at the game. ill buy you a hot dog or something

How often do they have to change the period key on that computer you use at the public library?

man i sure hope they dont catch me using the free Wi-Fi at the public library after 9:00 pm when they are closed ...that would sure deal a major blow to my posting on coacht.com my fav hs football site where i talk about all the panther beatdowns past, present, and future :popcorneater:

micman you just better hope you dont get caught at work ..while you should be sorting prison inmate mail.

Maplewood 34 - MBA 14 final.