New IMAC

littlerock

Hats off to MoEast who came out very well prepared and ready to play. It was obvious the coach had studied and adapted to the style of play of MoWest and had her girls motivated for an upset. I think we have all come to expect perfection from the MoWest team , I know I have, and this is wrong. It is much easier to play when you have nothing to lose and everything to gain but when you have the pressure of being #1 every opponent you come across will give it that extra push in hopes of being the one to knock you off. East had an awesome game and is extremely well coached but West pulled it out despite some difficulties and that composure in the final 3 minutes is why they are #1. Coach C has really brought them a long way since the beginning of the year. It was really great to see her enthusiasm and confidence in her team, always positive and ecouraging to her players. Sometimes a positive word to your players will take you a very long way...

yeh east played very well and orrick is a monster inside. she dominated that game in the first half. will be interesting to see how the region turns out. i think east can win it if orrick plays like she did in this game. could be the best post player in the conference.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the history lesson WMTN. Some of those crazy years where the IMAC had football teams in different conference and TSSAA districts and then turned about and had the regular IMAC teams in basketball, baseball, softball, etc., just seem to escape my mind at times. Back to this topic...If you are Sevier and East tomorrow night, isn't this a hard game to win?. If you win, you go in the region bracket with the Lady Trojans (barring a Jeff County miracle). That means if you win your satellite game on Friday, your season ends in the semis. On the other hand, especially for East, a loss to Sevier and then a win on Friday would mean playing Jeff or a Big Nine team at Isenberg-Siler for a substate berth and with another great game maybe even a trip to state. I'm not saying anyone would ever lose intentionally, but it there's ever a game you really wouldn't mind losing...this has to be it. Not trying to start a debate about throwing game or anything, just throwing something out there had has surely entered the head of at least somebody out there. Any other thoughts on this or is it something I really shouldn't have sad in the first place?

Not trying to start a debate about throwing game or anything, just throwing something out there had has surely entered the head of at least somebody out there. Any other thoughts on this or is it something I really shouldn't have sad in the first place?

Yes, the regional brackets are set up like this:

D2 #1 vs D1 #4

D1 #2 vs D2 #3

D1 #1 vs D2 #4

D2 #2 vs D1 #3

-----

Someone finally addressed the elephant in the room... and I think it's definitely been a thought of several coaching staffs - some of who are still playing and some who are at home.

While Herm Edwards says you play to win the game; winning a consolation game isn't the ultimate goal...prolonging your season as long as possible is.

While it may call into play integrity, I say blame the system - not the situation or those involved. They are merely following the set-up of the system and playing to it.

Now if East would've upset West on Friday; that brings into play an even more interesting question.... The loser of the championship game would've been in a likely better position than the winner.

Not trying to start a debate about throwing game or anything, just throwing something out there had has surely entered the head of at least somebody out there. Any other thoughts on this or is it something I really shouldn't have sad in the first place?

Yes, the regional brackets are set up like this:

D2 #1 vs D1 #4

D1 #2 vs D2 #3

D1 #1 vs D2 #4

D2 #2 vs D1 #3

-----

Someone finally addressed the elephant in the room... and I think it's definitely been a thought of several coaching staffs - some of who are still playing and some who are at home.

I think you boys may be getting a little ahead of yourselves. It's not like Science Hill and Tennessee High, while not on the level with MW, are exactly chopped liver. Both of those teams will be tough to beat on their home floors. Both of those gyms are tough places to play. I'm a Big 8 guy & have only seen East once this year, but when I did, DB beat them by 20 in Morristown. SH & TH have both beaten DB lately. I have also seen teams, mostly on the boys' side, not exactly playhard in the 3rd place game to try to avoid a juggernaut 1 seed, usually SH up here, and the loss of momentum has come back to bite them. I would tell anyone thinking about taking this "strategy" to tread lightly.

While Herm Edwards says you play to win the game; winning a consolation game isn't the ultimate goal...prolonging your season as long as possible is.

While it may call into play integrity, I say blame the system - not the situation or those involved. They are merely following the set-up of the system and playing to it.

Now if East would've upset West on Friday; that brings into play an even more interesting question.... The loser of the championship game would've been in a likely better position than the winner.

tssaa is to blame. All they want is money!! In most states only district championship and runner-up advance. The system is flawed you can lose three times ant still make it to state. You can lose district semi-finals, 3rd and 4th place game and region championship and still go to state.

It is what it is. Most coaches think about it but most won't do it. In this case it would be the best decision. Avoiding Morr West in semi-finals is the best thing to do. Not a lot of teams can beat them

magicman I wasn't assuming an automatic win on Friday. Look at my post and it says if you win your satelitte game. What I was saying is that if you win tonight against Sevier County you know what's waiting in the semis of the region if you win. And the Lady Canes played the heck out of West the other night and might pull an upset if they met again...but I'd be willing to bet if wouldn't be nearly as close next time.

We have had these discussions in years before when Greeneville was the obvious # 1 team in region one. In 2004 we had about convinced ourselves that district two might sweep the opening round games of regions, only to have Greeneville be the only team to survive to the semis.

The reality is that those types of discussions are for fans only. I am not aware of a coach that thinks that any loss is a good one, despite the numerous times they are called "wakeup calls". That is just putting spin on a loss. I think most all believe that you win tonight, and worry about the next one tomorrow.

If DB won tonight, then Jeff County will have their hands full Friday. It will be interesting to see the matchups, but I would think that West, Tn High and Science Hill are pretty much a lock, and the Jeff County game will be the game most likely be the most difficult one for the higher seed to hold onto.

West looked like West tonight with a strong showing against Jeff Co. It would be very difficult to choose an all conference team, having to choose a limited amount of players from the top 6 girls from the West team, but how in the world could Megan Fanney not make all conference???? I would take her hands down over any point guard in the IMAC.

So, reading the scoreboard:

D2 #1 vs D1 #4 Morristown West hosting Central

D1 #2 vs D2 #3 Science Hill hosting Morristown East

D1 #1 vs D2 #4 Tennesse High hosting Sevier County

D2 #2 vs D1 #3 Jefferson County hosting DB

Can someone post the all conf and all tourny teams?

And if anyone familar with the Big 8 (dist 1) would like to give us scouting reports on the 4 qualifiers, I am sure fans from District 1 attending the games would be appreciative.

And on that subject - a pet peeve. I attended one night of the IMAC tourney, and discovered no team rosters available. I would have paid a dollar to get a printout of the teams rosters. How tough would that have been to do? And maybe an income generator?

All Conference

Woodfin-South Doyle

Ryans- Cherokee

Pippin- Sevier Co.

Blaylock and Orrick--East

Cowan and Brown-- Seymour

Sprouse, Depew and Buda-Cocke Co.

Nelson and Miller--Jeff. Co.

Jones, Smith and Goins-West

POY-Taylor Hall-West

COY--Johnny Galyon--West

All Tournament