Jefferson County Offense

SPLITBACK

Look, I am at the game every friday and believe it or not, the FANS make a difference. They give a team that boost they need on for a defensive stand or to keep an offensive drive going. The players cheer, the Riot cheers, but you know who doesn't the fans. I know the majority of the players on the team and yeah it is really discouraging when fans can sit completely quiet for the entire game.

The “fans” yell AT the coaches WAY to much.

When I am at a ball game, I yell FOR the team, “Go Blue” or “Go White” or “Let’s Go Offense” or “Let’s Go D”!

I ring my cow bell, yes I have a cow bell.

I cheer during kickoffs. I DO NOT sit on my hands.

I NEVER YELL AT THE PLAYERS or AT THE COACHES TELLING THEM THAT THEY ARE BAD. NEVER!!!!!

Every person on those teams, including the coaches, have worked their tails off giving up hours of time, effort, sleep and money to provide YOU, “the fans”, entertainment on Friday nights!!

Do I agree with every decision coaches make, NO

BUT, I have enough respect for them and their work not to degrade them and say they are bad.

Do I think they can make some changes to their lineups and how they rotate players in and out?

YES

But I try to make those suggestions to the coaches in a positive way and not in a degrading way to them or the players.

My suggestion is that if you do not come to the games to cheer FOR the team, stay home or find a more productive way to spend your Friday evenings. Those kids deserve your respect. They deserve your praise, they deserve for you to come to the ball game and yell FOR them, even when they are loosing, even when they make a mistake.

Be positive as fans and we will see positive results in these young men.

Will they be perfect, nope. But they will be trying their best for you, the fans.

Go Patriots!!!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, I am at the game every friday and believe it or not, the FANS make a difference. They give a team that boost they need on for a defensive stand or to keep an offensive drive going. The players cheer, the Riot cheers, but you know who doesn't the fans. I know the majority of the players on the team and yeah it is really discouraging when fans can sit completely quiet for the entire game.

The “fans” yell AT the coaches WAY to much.

When I am at a ball game, I yell FOR the team, “Go Blue” or “Go White” or “Let’s Go Offense” or “Let’s Go D”!

I ring my cow bell, yes I have a cow bell.

I cheer during kickoffs. I DO NOT sit on my hands.

I NEVER YELL AT THE PLAYERS or AT THE COACHES TELLING THEM THAT THEY ARE BAD. NEVER!!!!!

Every person on those teams, including the coaches, have worked their tails off giving up hours of time, effort, sleep and money to provide YOU, “the fans”, entertainment on Friday nights!!

Do I agree with every decision coaches make, NO

BUT, I have enough respect for them and their work not to degrade them and say they are bad.

Do I think they can make some changes to their lineups and how they rotate players in and out?

YES

But I try to make those suggestions to the coaches in a positive way and not in a degrading way to them or the players.

My suggestion is that if you do not come to the games to cheer FOR the team, stay home or find a more productive way to spend your Friday evenings. Those kids deserve your respect. They deserve your praise, they deserve for you to come to the ball game and yell FOR them, even when they are loosing, even when they make a mistake.

Be positive as fans and we will see positive results in these young men.

Will they be perfect, nope. But they will be trying their best for you, the fans.

Go Patriots!!!

I don't know about the rest of your fans but the student section that came to Greeneville was amazing. Greeneville students outnumbered them considerably but all they do is stand around blocking everyone's view and make very little if any noise. The DVP chants were particularly loud...

Multiple posts from multiple posters complaining about fans.No ,not the BAND and RIOT as they are GREAT!!It'sfamilies of current or former players .No folks its not 1986 ,Todd and the boys arnt about to repeat history,as great as that might be--its just not going to happen. Your kid is not a D1 prospect. I'm sorry.If they were the whole state would know it. Afterall who at their position is the prototypical college player? who has the speed stength height / weight / power/skills and stats 4 a D1school?few are close but none that haveit all and can back it up. We are a young team with few starting Seniors. Oh parents I got one question . who among you can attest to a dedicated workout that there kid did in the offseason? I know a few can but I say most cannot. I say LETS all get over ourselves and get behind the TEAM ! Please! Pretty Please ! GO PATRIOTS !!! dvp4life !!!!!! PS.... The morning after a brutal loss I brought my son breakfast in bed.....He said " You didn't have to do that." I said "would you rather I help you with your plays ? " we laughed and he ate . PSS.... I saw a 6foot 4inch 225 pound player he benches 315 and runs a 4.40 40 yard dash ! but he plays for another school.......sorry " I need more cowbell" SNL LOL

I say LETS all get over ourselves and get behind the TEAM ! Please! Pretty Please ! GO PATRIOTS !!! dvp4life !!!!!! PS.... The morning after a brutal loss I brought my son breakfast in bed.....He said " You didn't have to do that." I said "would you rather I help you with your plays ? " we laughed and he ate . PSS.... I saw a 6foot 4inch 225 pound player he benches 315 and runs a 4.40 40 yard dash ! but he plays for another school.......sorry " I need more cowbell" SNL LOL

I support your supportiveness (hmm????) towards these kids. :thumb:

yeah Cocke County is on the schedule.....

Must we always get the harsh comments?

well........yeah!!! this conference isn't gonna get any easier so might as well develop that thick skin early. Helps with the chafing at the end of the season. i realize you all are rebuilding from a really low point but if you are gonna read the boards you need to get used to the "harsh comments"....or get better and make us eat them.

Irish.... I feel the (hmmm)....,I might regret the rant or at least some of my word choices.But, some of those things needed to be said.I myself don't hear the heated/hateful/curseing remarks being said to the players and coaches because I choose not to sit on HATEtriot hill.I sit many yards away and many yards up.In this area -- no haters would sit there b/c it would be too far away for their curses to reach their favorite Team ! It's just confusing to me.I mean lets buy shirts ,multiple season tickets, maybe even join the Sideline Club , then drive to the game and cuss out YOUR home team.Are these really the type of fans we have?Can we have these haters thrown out of the stadium?Can the police intervene? I'm at a loss to explain it!...The hateful stares/under your breath comments are bad enough but the direct cursing/screaming at the team has got to STOP!!!

....OHSgrad8>>>>your a GREAT fan/family keep up the good work!!" I NEED MORE COWBELL ! !" .......cchsqb10 >> I would love for CCHS to bring it together and lift your team up ! Your program has a long and storied past and I wish them the best except when playing us!lol........chrisc224 >> man.. your right about the fans making a difference! Want proof ?just look at last years Mens IMAC bball tournament>> screaming fans help take a 0 and 10(reg season) JCHS mens team to the championship! I know...I know...football only....sorry.. Anyway.Those of you that are doing a good job >Keep it up!! GO PLAYERS !! GO COACHES !! GO PATRIOTS !! GO BAND !! GO RIOT !! GO FANS!! GO JEFFERSON COUNTY !! dvp4life