2010 Lacrosse

fonzii

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I used to play for Franklin and I know they have a lot of potential to be good. Are they still Division 1? If they are then they are up against some phenomenal and growing programs. I don't think it is possible to have a complete turnaround in one year but I do hope they are able to have a winning season.

I don't think anyone but MUS or McCallie will win the championship for the next few years until the young players being introduced to the sport mature into full grown athletes.

• 4 weeks later...

I think McCallie would have to be the clear front runner. They've got quite a defensive unit anchored by a solid keeper, and they have nice offensive depth as well. Of course, Kemp does a good job as well. I think MBA and MUS will both be in it as well. MBA has developed some more depth on offense, and the addition of former UVA All-American Billy Gladding has helped them a lot in that area in particular. MBA is also happy to have former Big Red goalie Alex Dean on staff this year, and I hear he is already helping the goalies significantly.

• 4 weeks later...

Ravenwood i could see in the top 5 or maybe final 4 even i have watched them some in the fall and they look solid but franklin has too much to worry about right now before they can get on the same level as the top teams in the state i wasnt as impressed with brentwood as i thought i would have been and i didnt see catterton standing on the sideline last saturday

Ravenwood as some very good players (i cant think of their names off the top of my head right now) but i was far more impressed by brentwood tho. Their goalie was playin very well on saturday, while their talent is tremendously good i can never respect them because of how they play the game with no respect for the game and o so very dirty. Now franklin when all their starters are on the field are incredibly good and could run with ravenwood and brentwood. i would even say they could put up a struggle against the best like mccallie and mus. but the moment the starters leave the field it becomes a little iffy whether the bench will come to play or not. Franklin will have yet another rebuilding year. but atleast they should go .500 this season instead of a wopping 2 wins

you must not watch McCallie or MUS play much or any of the other top couple of teams play. The shooters these guys have wont even be phased by Franklin's goalies this year and i wish Franklin the best of luck this year but i just dont see it happening. They should make playoffs and beat USN and Houston but they will have a hard time getting Brentwood and MBA i dont know much about CBHS this year but that might be the next closest game they have division 1 wise. I wouldnt be surprised to see a less hearty schedule this year also with it being just conference D1 teams, and ravenwood and maybe MBA and then probably mostly D2 schools. Defense looked pretty solid, i know middie lines were mixed and had spots that were missing but passing and catching and working the ball around will be key this year its going to take more that just 1 or two guys to carry this team.

Franklins goalies would have a hard time with some lower teams. They would have to be playin there best game to just try and stop mccallies and mus shooters from gettin the ball in the net everytime they shot and i think if franklin made it to the playoff thet would be impressive for them comin off the season they had last year. But with several solid defense men and their one huge attackman lets see if they can have a winning season before we start talkin bout them and playoffs.

• 2 months later...