Best/Worst Stadiums

UpNorth

You people just don't get it. :angry: This clown is either trying to run down Tennessee HS football stadiums and laughing at your responses or he is some kind of dunce that doesn't understand how it looks to be bragging about all those nice stadiums he has up there. Heck, even the bad ones look pretty nice in the pics.

Look at his pics and quit just making comments about who's stadium looks nice. This is just a little competition for him.

HS football is not about how nice a stadium looks. Its about the total show - cheering fan support, students yelling for their team, fans yelling at the officials when the screw up, showing off your school's tee shirts & caps, hot dogs, talented athletes, marching bands, cheer leaders and your neighbors around you (not necessarily in that order). Who really cares about the stadium. The best places to experience HS football have little to do with the physical stadium. Some of the bests places to watch HS football are little schools in the mountains of SW Va and NE TN. They're all fun to visit, IMO.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You people just don't get it. :angry: This clown is either trying to run down Tennessee HS football stadiums and laughing at your responses or he is some kind of dunce that doesn't understand how it looks to be bragging about all those nice stadiums he has up there. Heck, even the bad ones look pretty nice in the pics.

Look at his pics and quit just making comments about who's stadium looks nice. This is just a little competition for him.

HS football is not about how nice a stadium looks. Its about the total show - cheering fan support, students yelling for their team, fans yelling at the officials when the screw up, showing off your school's tee shirts & caps, hot dogs, talented athletes, marching bands, cheer leaders and your neighbors around you (not necessarily in that order). Who really cares about the stadium. The best places to experience HS football have little to do with the physical stadium. Some of the bests places to watch HS football are little schools in the mountains of SW Va and NE TN. They're all fun to visit, IMO.

Easy easy easy, not trying to put this into a competition at all. Trust me there is as many dumps up here in Ohio as there are nice stadiums. The only bad thing is its hard to find those dumps on the web when I am trying to find some of the stadiums up here in the North. I have tried but I am sure the people who play in those dumps are not running to the computer posting pics of their stadiums for everyone to take a look at and laugh.

I personally love the atmosphere of Tennessee football. I can tell you unless you are a perennial power up here in Ohio the following from the fans last about the first four weeks of the season. After they can gauge the team and see if they will be successful or not they either continue the rest of the season or go back to their holes.

From the games I have been to at different times of the season between good teams and bad teams down there the fan support seems to be tremoundous.

Just wanted to let everyone know that this is by no way a competition between Ohio vs. Tennessee. That competition will come in about ten years as the Vols and Buckeyes have signed on to play against each I believe around that time!! HAHAHA

I know Im extremely late and havent read any of the previous post on this thread but I wish Rutherford Co. schools specifically the M'Boro school would add endzone bleachers

You know, Ive said that for years to anyone that would listen at Oakland home games. I dont know if it could be done at all of them, but it would be nice to add a 1,000 or 2 in seating so everyone can have a seat when that " team from across town" comes here to play.

I judge High School stadiums by two things.

1) atmosphere

2) The ability to actually watch the football game

And I know that I am biased (in many degrees) but despite its many flaws I thoroughly enjoy a game at Franklin High School's Howard Gamble Stadium. I love how you can literally stand right outside the boundaries of the 15 yard line all the way around the end zone. Most high schools have the track blocked off, but Franklin allows you to stand on the track, and on the field. Not only does this make watching the game more enjoyable but it also adds to the vibe of the game, and the overall flow of the stadium. To me (and this is my personal opinion) I think there is nothing better than a close game in the4th quarter against IHS, BHS, or RHS and both stands are packed and the end-zone are lined with people hanging on every second of every play. There is nothing quite like it.

Agreed. It's always packed. The home bleachers and track have been full all season. With BGA being all of a mile away and Centennial just across town, Howard Gamble Stadium has been full all season long. It's always loud in there, but I've heard coaches and players agree this week that this past Friday when Franklin was on defense in a couple of crucial moments that it was the loudest that it has been in a while.

Whether home or away, if possible, Franklin is bringing a crowd.

Farragut is alright I suppose, could be worse. Not that great in the atmosphere department mostly because it's never completely packed unless it's Bearden. Also no real foods there other than your usual pizza and hot dogs.. atleast that I know of. Away side is a bit small as well. It's definitely not the best, but it certainly isn't the worst either. I get annoyed with Farragut's goal posts though.. they are really short and seems like the refs just guess as to whether a kick is good or not..