Red Bank-Soddy 09

bluelionheart23

another exciting year of red bank soddy rivalry........ if red bank's D continues to play the way they have and O continues to click like they did last week they should come out with the W but it will be hard playin at soddy with that extra 12 man on the field that being the crowd.

Red Bank 28

Soddy 17

Well put, RBlionfan. I was at the East Ridge game last week and I noticed that our offense basically shut them down in the second quarter--Keon had two rushing TDs, Clay had a kickoff return for a TD, and Mayes had a TD--and our defense allowed very few first downs and got a few big INTs and caused fumbles. Basically, our defense (and offense) gave East Ridge fits. Their only touchdown came when we put our JV team on the field.

Soddy is no East Ridge though, and they have some pretty good players, such as the two Parrott brothers. I don't know many game stats from the SD-Ooltewah game, but we faced them in a passing scrimmage at Hixson and won 3 touchdowns to 2 I think. But it should be a really good matchup.

Red Bank fans almost completely filled the home side Tom Weathers Field stands, and they came en masse to East Ridge too. I have a feeling parking will be ridiculous, but it should be worth it for this great game.

I also am thinking a 28-17 Red Bank win.

Red Bank wins 44-30 in a thrilling finish.

Soddy took a 16-0 lead just under 3 minutes in the second. Keon Williams then scored on an 8-yard run to close the gap to 16-7 at halftime.

Red Bank received the ball to start the third. They drew first blood in the second half, on a 33-yard completion to Kameno Watson for a TD to make it 16-14 Soddy. Williams then brought down the house again after Soddy failed to convert to give RB their first lead at 21-16. However, Soddy then got their own touchdown right before the 3rd quarter ended, but a blocked kick by Daymond Williams kept the score at Soddy 22, Red Bank 21 at the end of the third.

Jeremy Simpson got a big touchdown for Soddy with 10:00 in the fourth. A conversion followed, giving Soddy a 30-21 lead. The next RB drive resulted in a punt, but Talon Harris muffed the ball and Red Bank recovered on the Soddy 40. After two passes to Kelvin Clay, RB scored again. A good PAT shortened the Soddy lead to just 2. The next Soddy possession lasted just 3 minutes. As the Trojans were approaching the end zone, Scott Parrott threw a pick to Keith Mayes with 4:45 left; a facemask penalty gave the Lions 50 yards to their precious end zone. The very next play, Williams ran all 50 in one play. Mayes ran for a conversion, and Red Bank led 36-30 with 4:34 left.

But the next play sealed Soddy's fate--more or less.

Harris returned the kickoff from the one to the 35, before the ball got loose and Daymond Williams recovered. With 2:39 remaining, Tim Dews found the end zone and Red Bank's 44-30 lead (and eventual win) iced Soddy for good.