Can't access coacht in FireFox

euler

I was able to access the site last night, but as of today I no longer can. It just stays stuck at "looking up coacht.com..."

I've already tried clearing the cache.

I'm running NoScript (Javascript whitelist) and CookieSafe (cookies whitelist) with coacht.com and boards.coacht.com allowed on both. Were any changes made recently to the site that could being causing this problem?

Thanks.

Yes, it's Firefox 3.5.2.

The status bar never seems to get beyond "Looking up http://www.coacht.com...

My FireFox loads the page but keeps showing "Transferring data from cdn.eyewonder.com" in the bottom left. That is the ad server which serves the Gatorade ad at the top.

Have you tried IE or Chrome just to see what happens? Is that how you are able to post?

It seems you are having DNS trouble with your ISP. "Looking up..." means that your browser is trying to determine CoachT.com's address on the internet.

Chrome and IE each cache resolved addresses longer than they are supposed to, which may why you are experiencing this problem with Firefox. Firefox asks for the address more often than the other browsers. I use Firefox almost exclusively because it behaves correctly in this regard.

The problem with trying to troubleshoot this is that Comcast provisions each city/community with its own DNS servers.

If you're comfortable changing your computer's network settings, you can do what many Comcast customers do and use alternative DNS servers that will give you more reliable lookups.

https://www.opendns.com/start/

Hmm, it's not like Google to ignore standards, so I'm rather surprised that Chrome does that. I thought it might be a DNS issue, but a ping to coacht.com completely successfully. On the other hand, if IE caches IP addresses longer than it should, Windows probably does the same. In any case, I was only on Comcast for the long weekend, so I'm no longer having issues.

Yes, it's Firefox 3.5.2.

The status bar never seems to get beyond "Looking up http://www.coacht.com...

My FireFox loads the page but keeps showing "Transferring data from cdn.eyewonder.com" in the bottom left. That is the ad server which serves the Gatorade ad at the top.

Have you tried IE or Chrome just to see what happens? Is that how you are able to post?

Coach, I also have the problem you do showing that in the bottom bar. It also seems to hang up for a few seconds after clicking to a new page or post.