DC vs COCKE COUNTY

dc32Robj

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read in the paper (Newport Plain Talk) and also heard from 2 parents of players and a middle school coach about the infamous "long snap kickoff" last week. I'm still awaiting an explanation on that one! CCHS could win this ball game, but if any more safeties come about... look out! What's next... a drop kick?

Seriously... any players... coaches? Whats the dealio on that kickoff from last week?

I would take CCHS... offensively they can control the ball and wear DC out, but unfortunately that defense was shredded even in a 4-4, so who knows. What does DC have this year?

I will predict... DC- 33.... CCHS...20.... until CCHS comes about on defense, they cannot win an any shootouts... sorry old hometown, but it's just the truth! Practice hard and keep working!

I read in the paper (Newport Plain Talk) and also heard from 2 parents of players and a middle school coach about the infamous "long snap kickoff" last week. I'm still awaiting an explanation on that one! CCHS could win this ball game, but if any more safeties come about... look out! What's next... a drop kick?

Seriously... any players... coaches? Whats the dealio on that kickoff from last week?

I would take CCHS... offensively they can control the ball and wear DC out, but unfortunately that defense was shredded even in a 4-4, so who knows. What does DC have this year?

I will predict... DC- 33.... CCHS...20.... until CCHS comes about on defense, they cannot win an any shootouts... sorry old hometown, but it's just the truth! Practice hard and keep working!

It might be a shootout.............Crockett has a few standouts but if it comes to defensive stands i think crockett will edge out cocke county.....I just want to know how they plan to stop Crocketts RB Chropee Sumo last year he run for over a 100 against them an the quarterback had over 200 yards of total offense(all as juniors).......I think DC has to many weapons on O for CC..........

What are you talking about when you say "long snap kickoff"? What happened exactly?

What are you talking about when you say "long snap kickoff"? What happened exactly?

I was not there, but I had 2 parents and a former player call me and I know of a very frustrated middle school coach that said there were parents and fans screaming from the stands when this event took place. Seymour got a safety and then CCHS instead of kicking the ball off, used a long snapper to punt the ball on the "free punt". The long snapper immediately ran down field resulting in a penalty. I do not know why this happened or even why a timeout or something else wasn't called. I want to give the coaches and players the benefit of doubt, but come on, this is a level of football close to college... not grasscutters. Why on earth would the players even do that? I would find it hard to believe that they were coached this way. At least I would hope not. The next kick was from a tee, which was on the 15. The players should be ready this week.

Below is the quote and link to the Newport Plain Talk... CCHS' paper.

"Keegan Newport also brought a safety for the Eagles, by tackling punter Devon Yankee in the end zone after a bad snap that resulted in a pair of points. After the punt came the most bizarre play of the game, as Cocke County proceeded to use a long snapper to snap the ball to the punter on the free kick, which resulted in an offsides call against the Fighting Cocks."

http://newportplaintalk.com/story/30055

:thumb::D I thought the authorities confiscated all of that wacky weed they found. All I can say is WOW!! I've never heard of that one before.

:thumb:

A few years ago they were having practices without an actual football.... thats for real, but I can assure you that they are no longer doing that now.

:thumb::huh: I thought the authorities confiscated all of that wacky weed they found. All I can say is WOW!! I've never heard of that one before.

:thumb:

A few years ago they were having practices without an actual football.... thats for real, but I can assure you that they are no longer doing that now.

Hallucinations maybe? :D