Maryville vs. McMinn County 9-11-2009

Red Rebels

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Govman, you and several other people must have not done your research. McMinn County is not that good this year. They barely beat McMinn Central and there an average at best 3a team this year. By the way, the best teams in 6a are in Nashville year end and out. Congrats on the Rebels for another win.

I still think that is too early to tell how good the McMinn Co. team is. They have a very good O-line and a lot of great athletes. I think how important or trivial this game was won't be fully understood until later in the season. Sometimes you have to wait a little for the hindsight to really kick in.

Congrats to Maryville on another win. This game was vintage Maryville football. They neutralized the other team's great player, and they didn't even flinch when something bad happened. They drove 60 yards and fumbled, but they never doubted themselves for a second. These two things have always been the key to Maryville success. :D

Govman, you and several other people must have not done your research. McMinn County is not that good this year. They barely beat McMinn Central and there an average at best 3a team this year. By the way, the best teams in 6a are in Nashville year end and out. Congrats on the Rebels for another win.

:D At least you do comprehend........ occasionally. Just a little back hand complement I see...

I was told that Maryville was down this year, It looks like they as back!

Blade....what ever you tried to say... they as baclk?...hmmm Maryville was down last year as well, at least compared to previous years standards. The best is coming so prepare yourself for annual beat downs and your daily whining on John and Jimmy and any other talk show that takes your pathetic and bring calls.

After watching this game in person there are 2 things that jump out at me.

#1 is EXECUTION. Maryville is brilliant at executing plays regardless of the situation. Those kids dont flinch in adversity, never hold their heads down, and even after making great plays show class with little to no celebration. The quarterback's accuracy was immaculate, the running back ran hard on limited carries, special teams were excellent and scored on a punt return(which in my opinion was the back breaker) and the defense was tenacious.

#2 is COACHING. I tell you what, in all my years of wathching football this might be the best coached individuals i have seen. The players maximize their talent. You can tell these guys have been brought up through feeder programs their whole carreers and it shows! This might have been the first time i have watched a game and not seen one player out of postion. My hats go off to Quarles and his coaching staff their program is darn impressive!!

Also as a side note i can not say that my Cherokees were all bad... Lb harris had two good hits early in the game that kept team morale up. Mcdermott had a long run and a touchdown. Smith caught a good number of passes albeit short ones. Ables decison making is improving even as the offensive line continues to struggle... I think as long as the Tribe continues to work they will be ok. A source close to the team told me that the majority of the team didnt think they had a shot to win last week and that attitude should change with rival Cleveland coming to town on friday.

Maryville should take this one easily. Maryville 41 Mcminn County 10

Boy you were right on! McMinn will never be able to beat the likes of a team like Maryville. Their coaching will kill McMinn every time. Maryville's coaching staff made McMinn's look like a bunch of kids. The talented atheltes are there...a few may be on the sideline with no playing time, but they are there. :|