Who will win the "Biggest Score Spread' this season ??

CHAMPDDS

BigG, c'mon! Isn't that just a little too Kumbayaa? Seriously. 18 Goals in one game? A lot of teams don't do that in practice without a defense. Can you imagine running down the field and running back and re-setting 18 times?

About the only plausible excuse I could see for Coach would be that he wasn't at the game. Then....maybe.

BigG...sometimes you crack me up.

Yeah, I know Canes. But I gotta get Coach's back! (he was a groomsman in my wedding!!!). That deserves a little "Kumbayaa" wouldn't ya think!?!

Glad I could bring a little laughter in your day!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BigG, c'mon! Isn't that just a little too Kumbayaa? Seriously. 18 Goals in one game? A lot of teams don't do that in practice without a defense. Can you imagine running down the field and running back and re-setting 18 times?

About the only plausible excuse I could see for Coach would be that he wasn't at the game. Then....maybe.

BigG...sometimes you crack me up.

The starting 11 for G-ville consisted of 2 Sr's and 9 Jr's. The score was 6-0 Greeneville in the first 20 minutes. The bench of 4 soph and 6 freshmen reserves played the remainder of the time. The game was postponed 30 minutes while a lightening storm moved out of the area than resumed. At the second half there were restrictions placed on the reserves. There was no write up in the paper the next day.

Speaking to Cumberland Gap coach, he had only 6 show up for first practice a mere 2 weeks before the game so he had to go recruit some basketball players. Their Goalkeeper was their only experienced player.

My opinion, I would find it far more humiliating to have 3 in the box, each with a clear shot on goal with no defender in sight, only to have that forward choose to pull the ball out, not taking the open shot or an assist for the goal. That would be like playing football, having the ball fourth and goal and punting it out of the stadium!

Canes, you made some earlier unfounded and extremely wrong comments about the Farragut - Greeneville game...something to the effect about Eiscamp stacking the box with 11 players which is why it ended 1-0. You weren't at that game either. Friendly advice and with all due respect as I am sure you want your opinion viewed by others as worthy of consideration. It would be well worth your while to spend more time and respect on the facts of the subject and less time pointing fingers and slinging mud at a person you obviously know little about.

any of you all pulling for UT to score another touchdown on Western Kentucky? You goin' to tell Urban to call the dogs off this week-end? I've been on both ends of this subject. I don't agree with leaving the starters in for more than the 1st half, but the rest of the bench needs to play, and the objective is to score, not 'toy' with the other team, which IMO would be much worse sportsmanship. Play the game, score, and if you don't like it, play better, don't schedule that team anymore, or push for a mercy rule.

"it serves no purpose for the elite programs to run up such large scores"

Your right and the "elite" programs don't do it. Their coaches have control over the team.

You are correct, that is part of why High School Soccer can never compare to club soccer, that is were your talent is truely proven, on evenly matched games. Its easy to beat down opponents that are obviously lacking in talent. That doesnt make you a better player, or a better team. The true test is when you get to the really hard games. THATS what makes you the better player, the better team.

To run up the score is self serving and pointless...does anybody really take you serious after that?

greeneville is new to a/aa district play, and to that level of competition. no knock on the districts. those girls, programs and parents deserve equal respect for their hard work and commitment. perhaps more. CAK, as an example has largley been unchallenged in district and region play for 4 years and has done an excellent job of playing younger players to build for the future. still often win by a lot. winning most district games by any amount is no measure of success. CAK has played more aaa teams to date and has several more remaining. its all about chattanooga for those programs as i mentioned earlier.