Who will win the "Biggest Score Spread' this season ??

CHAMPDDS

My son played on a U15 boys club team which was routinely beaten by 15 goals or more. It was the most humiliating season of his soccer life. It was painful as a parent to watch and more painful for him to play out the season. He went on to play in college but never forgot that season. Having gone through that with him, I am in favor of the "elite" program on the field on any given day show some sportsmanship and consideration for the other team.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe TSSAA could enforce the recreational "5 goal" rule. If a team gets up by 5 goals, then a goal by a player that has previously scored results in a goal kick. If a goal is scored by a player that has not scored, then it is a goal. When this happens with my U8 daughters team (and she cannot score again), she will tell everyone to let the other team score so she can score again. Works for me! B):thumb:

It seems through the years of posting and discussing this topic (my position has never changed) we have come to regard 10-0 advantage as a point of "enough is enough". We have documented the "best comeback" and "close to comebacks". So, yes, a score of 8-0 does define an outmatched or in many cases (required divisional play) mismatched opponent, but taking the score to 10 goal advantage or greater was previously defined as unnecessary, padding one's statistics, poor sportsmanship and overall a loss of control.

• 2 weeks later...
Signal Mountain 8-0 over Hixson. What is the minimum score which generates a letter to the editor of the nearest paper about what a terrible coach the winner has.

What makes this 8-0 score worthy of note is that the school screamed bloody murder on a lopsided score last year.

.....HHHMMMMM, 11-0 versus Sequatchie County ??? and what was the Notre Dame v Signal Mountain scores that created such an uproar/whining from Signal Mountain last season ?????......Just how black is that pot ? :popcorneater:

D :roflol: