Whats up with Wilson Central

midtnbball002

To my recollection they did pretty fair last year.

The coach says:

"We dug our own hole," Wilson Central Coach Traye Aric said. "We knew what we were up against, but we're not doing things that good teams do. We've got guys laying out of practice, and so we've to find which guys are committed to this football team."

Is there some dynamic that has changed since last year. Do the players have something there to commit too?

Just curious.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To my recollection they did pretty fair last year.

The coach says:

"We dug our own hole," Wilson Central Coach Traye Aric said. "We knew what we were up against, but we're not doing things that good teams do. We've got guys laying out of practice, and so we've to find which guys are committed to this football team."

Is there some dynamic that has changed since last year. Do the players have something there to commit too?

Just curious.

Complete new offense. Loss of a key coach to the staff.

The players missing practice is a pure HC problem if he is not doing anything about it.

Getting stomped by Siegel tells me alot all by itself. NOBODY gets stomped by Siegel!

I very seriously doubt that I would have mentioned that my players were laying out of practice in the newspaper. That totally makes you look inept as a head coach in my eyes. If they are laying out, why are they still on the team? There's your problem.

I really think when Aric zapped Coach Elrod, that he set himself up for failure. That offense worked for them there at WC. They had it fine-tuned and it was very effective. tHE PLAYERS believed in it and Elrod. I think Aric got tired of hearing Elrod getting credit ( even though he deserved it) and decided to take his team back over to prove himself. It didn't work for him at Beech and it isn't working for him now. A great coach adapts his schemes to the players that he has. A great head coach surrounds himself with exceptional assistants and gives them their props. Need I say more?

I very seriously doubt that I would have mentioned that my players were laying out of practice in the newspaper. That totally makes you look inept as a head coach in my eyes. If they are laying out, why are they still on the team? There's your problem.

I really think when Aric zapped Coach Elrod, that he set himself up for failure. That offense worked for them there at WC. They had it fine-tuned and it was very effective. tHE PLAYERS believed in it and Elrod. I think Aric got tired of hearing Elrod getting credit ( even though he deserved it) and decided to take his team back over to prove himself. It didn't work for him at Beech and it isn't working for him now. A great coach adapts his schemes to the players that he has. A great head coach surrounds himself with exceptional assistants and gives them their props. Need I say more?

Great post. I doubt many coaches realize the importance of creating two teams - one composed of players and one composed of coaches. Recognizing and allocating the talent of one's assistant coaches is just as important as doing that for the players - even if a subordinate seems to be getting a lot of the credit. It's always a team effort, and good head coaches realize that.

Whats up with Wilson Central?

This is title of the post....................Very little is UP; most is DOWN (and maybe picking up speed), and we still have to play Gallatin (shudder), Hendersonville (shudder again), McGavock (third shudder), and Mt. Juliet (they may have long memory). Hope MJ remembers that we are close friends and neighbors (LOL).

I was hoping (strictly for the players sake) that they might pull out an early win..........but it just did not happen.

I

Elrod is now at Hunters Lane and I think that they will be even tougher than in years past. Elrod has a way of working some magic where ever he is at. I do believe that they are now running the Tony Franklin System which may be a year or two before they start to show any success with that.

The problem with Wilson Central is Traye Aric, he has been a detriment since arriving. Who is their right mind blames their "high school" football players for a loss. That is his problem. He is never the problem, it is always someone else. I have never heard a college coach or nfl coach blame their players for a loss. They always say that they will review the film and make corrections for next week. These are just high school football kids. You never blame a loss on the players. What a disgrace for a head coach! I don't think that they are going to win a game all year. And i predict aric being gone at the end of the year.

The problem with Wilson Central is Traye Aric, he has been a detriment since arriving. Who is their right mind blames their "high school" football players for a loss. That is his problem. He is never the problem, it is always someone else. I have never heard a college coach or nfl coach blame their players for a loss. They always say that they will review the film and make corrections for next week. These are just high school football kids. You never blame a loss on the players. What a disgrace for a head coach! I don't think that they are going to win a game all year. And i predict aric being gone at the end of the year.

Well Portland is on the schedule so there is at least one win

Maybe we can get our first win this week vs one of those Metro Nashville teams - McGavock. I hope so; cause the next 2 after McG.......... (Hend'ville, MJ) do not look very winnable. The last 2 (Station Camp and Portland) are surely games that we can win!!

Can we make it to 3-7? Come on Cats; lets get one in the win column.