Cloudland at Unaka

pujo

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you know what they say about potential, its exactly THAT! Potential isn't worth a big pile of poo, its how that potential gets used that counts. Like I said I haven't seen Cloudland but I can't see them being far superior than Unaka when one got ALL their offense back and one lost ALL their offense from last year, so like I said I'm reserving judgement on the score based on the fact that I haven't seen the Landers play this year. :popcorneater:

I know how I would use that potential. I'd run Cole and Tolley til Unaka's defense tongues was lagging out of their head cause I know how hard these guys run and they don't go down easy. Cloudland has the potential to be a really solid team, but I can't understand how they are having so much trouble blocking. I don't know if its technique or lack of effort or what but we've struggled to run the ball even on the first drive against NG.

I know how I would use that potential. I'd run Cole and Tolley til Unaka's defense tongues was lagging out of their head cause I know how hard these guys run and they don't go down easy. Cloudland has the potential to be a really solid team, but I can't understand how they are having so much trouble blocking. I don't know if its technique or lack of effort or what but we've struggled to run the ball even on the first drive against NG.

Well going from the spread to a more conventional offense changes everything and you have to teach how to block all over again. It may take more time than everybody thinks to get the Cloudland train out of the station again. :popcorneater:

It all start's with mistakes. I dont think either one of these teams can afford to have a night full of penalties. Unaka played a good 3 quarter football game against West Greene and even had chances of pulling ahead early,Thats why in order for Unaka to win friday they are going to have to play a full game and cut down on their penalties in big situations.

In my opinion both teams need this win. Both teams are coming off big losses Friday night and need a win like this under their belt. If Unaka is throwing the ball well and can make some big plays on defense and keep their penalties to a minimum,then I believe Unaka could come out with a win.

But Unaka knows they wont be seeing the same team that showed up at Avery Country Friday night,nor will Cloudland see the same Unaka team that played West Greene. I think this will be a well played game between both teams and hopefully both teams will play hard and get after it. Anyone know the weather for this Friday? How are them baseball boys looking pujo?

Coach RC

Rusty, they are giving about a 40 percent chance of rain which could spell bad news for Cloudland since they have been laying the ball down. I agree with Bigblue on the blocking. The way you block in the power I has to be ruthless and imposing on the defense. I want to challenge our line to be that aggressive and assertive. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm tired of seeing defenders run around in our backfield. ;)

It all start's with mistakes. I dont think either one of these teams can afford to have a night full of penalties. Unaka played a good 3 quarter football game against West Greene and even had chances of pulling ahead early,Thats why in order for Unaka to win friday they are going to have to play a full game and cut down on their penalties in big situations.

In my opinion both teams need this win. Both teams are coming off big losses Friday night and need a win like this under their belt. If Unaka is throwing the ball well and can make some big plays on defense and keep their penalties to a minimum,then I believe Unaka could come out with a win.

But Unaka knows they wont be seeing the same team that showed up at Avery Country Friday night,nor will Cloudland see the same Unaka team that played West Greene. I think this will be a well played game between both teams and hopefully both teams will play hard and get after it. Anyone know the weather for this Friday? How are them baseball boys looking pujo?

Coach RC

Not so sure about the baseball,got a new head coach and I don't know a thing about him. I thought we made some positive strides last season ,but I've heard that hardly any of the people we would be counting on are going to play. If they did ,I actually think we could contend.Roan Mt and baseball just don't go together. OH well

Anyway ,good luck to you're Rangers Friday night.Hopefully both teams will be at their best.Has the makings of a pretty good ole game.

Not much to talk about, Bigblue. Maybe they will redeem themselves tonight. I'm curious to see what will happen. Losing to the creek would just absolutely kill this season.

I hear ya good buddy, sounds like we both need this one tonite. Weather doesn't sound good for what we would like to do tonite but maybe we can make something work. Got a little offense going last week, we've just got to build on it. Like I said earlier give the boys time to get used to blocking man-on-man again and yall will be alright. :thumb: