Cloudland at Unaka

pujo

Well played game tonight by the Rangers. I thought we actually came out and played a full 4 quarter football game successfully. Being down I believe 16 to 6 at the half with Cloudland getting the ball back we did a great job of staying focused offinsively and making stops on the defensive end. Special teams was a big key in the game for us.

The running game looked a whole lot better Franky Covorubias and Mook Wilson played a very outstanding game on both sides of the ball. The offensive and defensive line looked to be very into the football game all 4 quarters and I thought we also gave Cloudlands running game a whole lot of problems when we went to a bigger defensive lineup towards the end slowing them down.

Cloudland had a few key turnovers towards the end of the game which I thought hurt them a little bit. But like I said in one of my previous posts I think this is a big win for Unaka's program and a big confidence booster. Coaches did a great job tonight keeping the kids up and you can tell there is a good relationship between these coaches and players watching them come together not only during the game but after the game as well.

Great job tonight keep playing hard and stay positive.

Coach RC

Hey ,if we don't have a Jr High baseball team, I might lend you a player. You do a good job.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unaka made the necessary adjustments in the second half and Cloudland didn't. Give McKinney and his staff credit. When they went to the big front in the second half it shut down Cloudland's middle ground game. It created matchup problems trying to block 75 and 55 due to lack of size. Corners did a great job of not letting anyone get outside and the backers tackled well. Peterson threw the ball with accuracy and the receivers caught some clutch passes. CC was right in his post that the kids appear to love this staff and playing on this team. I don't believe they're quiet ready to challenge Hampton but this won't be their last win either.

Well I think something has to be said about some of cloudlands problems and i think a few will agree with me,In my opinion the no huddle is hurting us more than it is helping,we need to keep our best players in there at all times.Not standing on the sidelines every other play waiting to run in a play call on the next down,added to that you have bad play calling,poor blocking, look at all the holding penalties we had last night,poor tackling,just plain old self destructing is killing us.I know this team is better than that just look at their record from jr. high and that should speak for itself.Alot of our problems fall back on the coach like it or not,I'm sorry for stepping on toes but I call it like I see it,the inexperience shows.we just need to work harder and work out in pads atleast 3 days a week.Not trying to take anything from Unaka,you all won and you deserve the credit,but This team should be undefeated right now we are beating ourselves every game,we need to fix our mental mistakes more than anything.I know we have the talent we just need to learn how to use it.

Well I think something has to be said about some of cloudlands problems and i think a few will agree with me,In my opinion the no huddle is hurting us more than it is helping,we need to keep our best players in there at all times.Not standing on the sidelines every other play waiting to run in a play call on the next down,added to that you have bad play calling,poor blocking, look at all the holding penalties we had last night,poor tackling,just plain old self destructing is killing us.I know this team is better than that just look at their record from jr. high and that should speak for itself.Alot of our problems fall back on the coach like it or not,I'm sorry for stepping on toes but I call it like I see it,the inexperience shows.we just need to work harder and work out in pads atleast 3 days a week.Not trying to take anything from Unaka,you all won and you deserve the credit,but This team should be undefeated right now we are beating ourselves every game,we need to fix our mental mistakes more than anything.I know we have the talent we just need to learn how to use it.

Cuda, I do agree with you. I'm not at the practices but I would hope that the coaches are trying to teach proper blocking and tackling. I also don't know what that kid was thinking when he tried to jump on that punt when nobody had touched it. Surely, our boys know more about the rules than that. When we scored that go ahead touchdown, a stupid motion penalty brought it back and that was the nail in the coffin. I will say that Matt Cole and Aaron Tolley are horses. These guys should carry the ball at all times. Morgan cannot help us until he learns to run the ball hard and quit dancing and spinning around. I think Trey should be given the opportunity to take over Morgan's role. And this is the first team I've seen up here in a long time where the running backs are more physical than the offensive line. From what I saw, the O-line just doesn't want to put forth the effort to block. I saw several plays where the line was turning around and watching the RB's dragging defenders down the field.

Another thing that needs to be addressed is personal fouls. If I was the coach, any kid that drew a personal foul would sit on the bench the rest of the year. I think it makes the team look bad because the player only thought of himself and not his team. Like I said, I am not at the practices and I don't know what the coaches are trying to instill in the players. I go back many years with 3 of them and I know that they are super good guys and I don't want to say anything on here to cause hard feelings. Losing is something I am not accustomed to. I don't even get beat at tic-tac-toe. I guess I expect everyone else to be warriors too. The pride is gone up here. There is only the memory of the good days where we imposed Highlander willpower on the opposition. In order to get it back, we need to come together as a community and support our guys and let them know we are behind them. Then it comes to the players. Those guys have to be willing to be perfect and to take pride in their work. All that being said, I love Cloudland football and want to get it back to where it was.

It all runs in cycles.Program's could be up for a good while then it could be down for a good while as well. Not really much you can do it is just the hand you are left with, and you just try keep working hard to get better and better each day. But Pujo he is always more than welcome down our, way good kid as well.

Coach RC

It is back where it once was.

I guess I could agree with that statement, Cloudland should win 2 more games and that would make them 5 and 5. I imagine they have had several seasons like that back in the day. I just think the expectations have changed from back in those days.

Cloudland should win 2 more ya say. Who might those 2 be? :thumb: As if I don't know who your thinkin.

Lets use some of like opponents here to help you with your thinking.

Cosby ran Union county off of their own field in a preseason scrimmage (I know scrimmages don't mean much but it was a very thorough butt kicking) Union County beat Grainger convincingly who has beaten both West Greene and Chuckey Doak. West greene whipped Cloudland , and Unaka , CD beat Unaka , Unaka beat Cloudland. Hmmmmmm!

I see Cloudland winning 1 more game against Hancock and thats about it. Theres no way there beating HV , Hampton , or Johnson County so I know your thinking Cosby and Hancock.

It is back where it once was.

I guess I could agree with that statement, Cloudland should win 2 more games and that would make them 5 and 5. I imagine they have had several seasons like that back in the day. I just think the expectations have changed from back in those days.

Cloudland should win 2 more ya say. Who might those 2 be? :oops: As if I don't know who your thinkin.

Lets use some of like opponents here to help you with your thinking.

Cosby ran Union county off of their own field in a preseason scrimmage (I know scrimmages don't mean much but it was a very thorough butt kicking) Union County beat Grainger convincingly who has beaten both West Greene and Chuckey Doak. West greene whipped Cloudland , and Unaka , CD beat Unaka , Unaka beat Cloudland. Hmmmmmm!

I see Cloudland winning 1 more game against Hancock and thats about it. Theres no way there beating HV , Hampton , or Johnson County so I know your thinking Cosby and Hancock.

You could be right OleEagle, but Unaka whipped CD all over the field and I think the Grainger ,WG game was a fluke. Cloudland is better than some might think, the ball just hasn,t bounced their way too much lately. I do think they will beat you fellers. Should be a good game.