Cloudland at Unaka

pujo

It is back where it once was.

I guess I could agree with that statement, Cloudland should win 2 more games and that would make them 5 and 5. I imagine they have had several seasons like that back in the day. I just think the expectations have changed from back in those days.

Cloudland should win 2 more ya say. Who might those 2 be? :oops: As if I don't know who your thinkin.

Lets use some of like opponents here to help you with your thinking.

Cosby ran Union county off of their own field in a preseason scrimmage (I know scrimmages don't mean much but it was a very thorough butt kicking) Union County beat Grainger convincingly who has beaten both West Greene and Chuckey Doak. West greene whipped Cloudland , and Unaka , CD beat Unaka , Unaka beat Cloudland. Hmmmmmm!

I see Cloudland winning 1 more game against Hancock and thats about it. Theres no way there beating HV , Hampton , or Johnson County so I know your thinking Cosby and Hancock.

Actually, I still believe the game with Cosby will be a close hard fought game. Of course, I don't blame you for your prediction. You guys have a lot of pride and have stood by your boys even though it has been a very tough season. Cloudland football is in dire straits. Kids may start packing up and going to the house, or they will come back to work and start correcting things. I don't know what will happen at this point. I remember my senior season when coach Rob was our QB. He was only a sophomore and we had a 1-3 start to the season. He threw interception after interception. To make a long story short, we wound up finishing 7-3. We have 3 football coaches who knows what it takes to come back from adversity. Coach Potter was our QB my freshman and sophomore years. I remember how much heart, desire, and pride he had in our team. Robbie and Scott were also very tough defensive backs. Coach Oaks has been around Cloudland football since the early 70's. I have confidence that these guys will eventually get our team out of this hole. It will be a big learning experience. I know for myself, it has been very difficult. I hate to lose so bad that I could be tempted to kill the opponent before I'd let it happen. But through all of this, I've come to realize how much I love my community and the football program. If we can get the discipline problem fixed, I think the Landers can surprise some people before the year is out.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I think something has to be said about some of cloudlands problems and i think a few will agree with me,In my opinion the no huddle is hurting us more than it is helping,we need to keep our best players in there at all times.Not standing on the sidelines every other play waiting to run in a play call on the next down,added to that you have bad play calling,poor blocking, look at all the holding penalties we had last night,poor tackling,just plain old self destructing is killing us.I know this team is better than that just look at their record from jr. high and that should speak for itself.Alot of our problems fall back on the coach like it or not,I'm sorry for stepping on toes but I call it like I see it,the inexperience shows.we just need to work harder and work out in pads atleast 3 days a week.Not trying to take anything from Unaka,you all won and you deserve the credit,but This team should be undefeated right now we are beating ourselves every game,we need to fix our mental mistakes more than anything.I know we have the talent we just need to learn how to use it.

Cuda, I do agree with you. I'm not at the practices but I would hope that the coaches are trying to teach proper blocking and tackling. I also don't know what that kid was thinking when he tried to jump on that punt when nobody had touched it. Surely, our boys know more about the rules than that. When we scored that go ahead touchdown, a stupid motion penalty brought it back and that was the nail in the coffin. I will say that Matt Cole and Aaron Tolley are horses. These guys should carry the ball at all times. Morgan cannot help us until he learns to run the ball hard and quit dancing and spinning around. I think Trey should be given the opportunity to take over Morgan's role. And this is the first team I've seen up here in a long time where the running backs are more physical than the offensive line. From what I saw, the O-line just doesn't want to put forth the effort to block. I saw several plays where the line was turning around and watching the RB's dragging defenders down the field.

Another thing that needs to be addressed is personal fouls. If I was the coach, any kid that drew a personal foul would sit on the bench the rest of the year. I think it makes the team look bad because the player only thought of himself and not his team. Like I said, I am not at the practices and I don't know what the coaches are trying to instill in the players. I go back many years with 3 of them and I know that they are super good guys and I don't want to say anything on here to cause hard feelings. Losing is something I am not accustomed to. I don't even get beat at tic-tac-toe. I guess I expect everyone else to be warriors too. The pride is gone up here. There is only the memory of the good days where we imposed Highlander willpower on the opposition. In order to get it back, we need to come together as a community and support our guys and let them know we are behind them. Then it comes to the players. Those guys have to be willing to be perfect and to take pride in their work. All that being said, I love Cloudland football and want to get it back to where it was.

On a good note I would like to say that I think #18 tyler shell earned himself a starting position last night,what do you think?

It depends on how the coaches see it. I think he done a good job. I'd put him and Tolley as blocking backs and let Cole run it down the defense throat. He had Unaka beat until that motion penalty took it away. It will be interesting to see how this team responds to this nightmare. This has been a nightmare season for Roan Mt.

It depends on how the coaches see it. I think he done a good job. I'd put him and Tolley as blocking backs and let Cole run it down the defense throat. He had Unaka beat until that motion penalty took it away. It will be interesting to see how this team responds to this nightmare. This has been a nightmare season for Roan Mt.

I'm wondering who's spot he would be taking. I'm guessing the Chambers kid. Tyler looks the part of a football player, maybe he will get his shot. That being said ' the coaches should know their players, guess its their call.

I'm not so sure that the spot shouldn't be shared by Tolley and Shell on Off. Tyler has to have a spot of his own on Def. though, he made some great tackles Fri. night. He should probably stay on off. too. TE, FB, or even TB occasionally. I've been critical of Tylers attitude in the past, but he seems to be maturing and chilling out somewhat.(I hope) I aint no obama fan, but we could use a little "change" on the mountain.

yeah it hurts to lose one because of a stupid penalty it was our game until that happened.

I'm not so sure that the spot shouldn't be shared by Tolley and Shell on Off. Tyler has to have a spot of his own on Def. though, he made some great tackles Fri. night. He should probably stay on off. too. TE, FB, or even TB occasionally. I've been critical of Tylers attitude in the past, but he seems to be maturing and chilling out somewhat.(I hope) I aint no obama fan, but we could use a little "change" on the mountain.

Attitude. I think that might be the magic word, 91. I think that problem is spread around the camp. Maybe a little "change" of attitude would be the antidote to this season. :roflol:

I dont really know to much of Cloudland's personel but u can tell they have some weapons on the offensive side of the ball. I thought the backbreaker in friday nights game was the 2 back to back touchdowns which was a huge momentum change for us.

But as for Unaka we have 2 games next week we should win against North Greene and Kings Academy but we are going to have to stay focused. Hampton is going to be tough up there so will Cosby down at their place. Hampton will be a very tough matchup,but I believe if we can cut down on turnovers and make plays on the offensive side of the football we could put ourself in a good position to give ourself a chance to compete. They are a very well coached football team have good speed big on both sides of the ball and will come out and hit you. We are going to just have to come in with a positive attitude and stay confident. It's no secret we will have to play our best football game of the year, And the way you gotta look at it is you take it as a challenge go play hard for 4 quarters and just see what happens.

I do think we are getting better game by game and we are improving alot on both sides of the ball which is all you can ask for out of your kids.

Coach RC

Sounds like it was a tough one, like I said I've seen Unaka on film and they are a pretty capable bunch on offense, but any way good luck to the Landers this week and we'll see you guys next week at our place. :mrgreen:

Hope you guys win Friday. I agree with you about Unaka. They have the offensive skill players, just a little soft in the line. We ran for 214 yard and they ran for 53. The difference in the game was our 6 turnovers and they only had one.

Did you watch the Colts and Dolphins last night? The dolphins ran 84 offensive plays from scrimmage. The Colt defenders were having to take oxygen at the end of the game. Peyton's the best QB I've ever seen but I liked that Wildcat offense the Dolphins were running.

Sounds like it was a tough one, like I said I've seen Unaka on film and they are a pretty capable bunch on offense, but any way good luck to the Landers this week and we'll see you guys next week at our place. :popcorneater:

Hope you guys win Friday. I agree with you about Unaka. They have the offensive skill players, just a little soft in the line. We ran for 214 yard and they ran for 53. The difference in the game was our 6 turnovers and they only had one.

Did you watch the Colts and Dolphins last night? The dolphins ran 84 offensive plays from scrimmage. The Colt defenders were having to take oxygen at the end of the game. Peyton's the best QB I've ever seen but I liked that Wildcat offense the Dolphins were running.

If Peyton is not the best, he's one of the three best I've ever seen! I love the Wildcat, can you imagine how good it would be if Brown ever gets to throw out of it, unstopable. The Wildcat would be a cinch to put in, its just the old single wing, as a matter of fact GCA ran it last year with #24 taking the snaps, we did a good job of taking that look away from them though, but we knew they would never throw out of it so we just loaded up on it and really shut it down.

Good luck to you guys this week, and safe travels down next week, no matter the ending look me and the family up before you head back to the Mountain! :ph34r: