Indy vs. Centennial Cougars

futbol20

In a differnt thread there was a mention of d-coordinator Bennett taking a leave of absence. He was not on the side-line for the MBA game. Any updates on what is happening with this situation?

Leave of absence? I heard that he quit all together.

There are gonna be some sloppy conditions Friday. Does that help or hurt us against Centennial? :popcorneater:

Someone please elaborate on Indy's D-coordinator and the situation at hand.

Has the coach been at practice this week? I find it hard for a team to prepare if a coordinator isn't "game-planning" the players. It puts a strain on the the responsibilities of the other coaches. What do the players say?

Good luck Indy!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a differnt thread there was a mention of d-coordinator Bennett taking a leave of absence. He was not on the side-line for the MBA game. Any updates on what is happening with this situation?

Leave of absence? I heard that he quit all together.

There are gonna be some sloppy conditions Friday. Does that help or hurt us against Centennial? :popcorneater:

Someone please elaborate on Indy's D-coordinator and the situation at hand.

Has the coach been at practice this week? I find it hard for a team to prepare if a coordinator isn't "game-planning" the players. It puts a strain on the the responsibilities of the other coaches. What do the players say?

Good luck Indy!

Coach Bennett left the program before the MBA game. Coach Dyson is making the defense calls. They have moved on and wiil do just fine.

After a slow start on a sloppy field Indy finally got it going after a defensive TD (85 yd fumble recovery by Keegan Turnbull) and shut out Centennial 21-0. Each team had turnovers (Indy 2, Centennial 3). I think the wet field favored Centennial because it took away the Indy passing game. Congrats to the Eagles on getting to 3-2 with their bye coming up next week. If anyone wants to watch the game it will be on WCTV (Williamson County TV) at midnight. It is on Charter 96 and Comcast 3 (I think).

congrats INDY -

lloking at the tennessean stats ( i know sometimes they are incorrect ) but it shows INDY put the ball on the field 4 times but only lost it twice, Heckman only put the ball in the air 1 time and only ran the ball 8 times is that correct?

Heckman might have ran the ball eight times but i know for a fact he threw the ball more than once, plus the Tennessean (countrys worst state newspaper), said Centennial didnt lose any fumbles.... Thats how the Eagles scored their first touchdown by Turnbull returning it for 6. Who ever they are getting the stats from Eagles games lately sucks and obvisously doesnt pay attention, screwed up last weeks MBA score, and never even got the brentwood game stats in the paper... High school journalism students could do a better job.

As for what 'ilovecfb1' said, so true. Boring, and that sign was awesome. I have never gone to Centennial's football field before.... wow. People doing the concessions were nice but the field care suxed. It looks like they practice on it during the week, so many holes and what not. Plus so many Centennial fans were walking around our student section and saying wow i wish we were like this, or i wish we were sanctioned for Indy.... Centennial's student section didnt even tailgate, i dont know if that was just because they were wimps and tought it would rain or if not wow no school pride...

Hmmm.... both Franklin and Independence played chs and won by the score of 21-0, interesting... Something to look forward to

congrats INDY -

lloking at the tennessean stats ( i know sometimes they are incorrect ) but it shows INDY put the ball on the field 4 times but only lost it twice, Heckman only put the ball in the air 1 time and only ran the ball 8 times is that correct?

Heckman might have ran the ball eight times but i know for a fact he threw the ball more than once, plus the Tennessean (countrys worst state newspaper), said Centennial didnt lose any fumbles.... Thats how the Eagles scored their first touchdown by Turnbull returning it for 6. Who ever they are getting the stats from Eagles games lately sucks and obvisously doesnt pay attention, screwed up last weeks MBA score, and never even got the brentwood game stats in the paper... High school journalism students could do a better job.

As for what 'ilovecfb1' said, so true. Boring, and that sign was awesome. I have never gone to Centennial's football field before.... wow. People doing the concessions were nice but the field care suxed. It looks like they practice on it during the week, so many holes and what not. Plus so many Centennial fans were walking around our student section and saying wow i wish we were like this, or i wish we were sanctioned for Indy.... Centennial's student section didnt even tailgate, i dont know if that was just because they were wimps and tought it would rain or if not wow no school pride...

Hmmm.... both Franklin and Independence played chs and won by the score of 21-0, interesting... Something to look forward to

Definitely not sticking up for the Tennessean, but I don't think they covered the game. The stats called into the paper are the responsibility of the home team if there is no reporter at the game. Since there wasn't an exclusive write-up and only a small paragraph, they pulled the info from the stats called in. Indy actually fumbled 5 times an lost 2. The ones they didn't lose were Heckman fumbled a snap but recovered and on a kick or punt return the returner dropped the ball twice and it bounced back to him both times. The game is on WC-TV again this evening at 6.