PRIVATE VS. PUBLIC

dou

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Naw, we have taken our lumps playin up some - but have caught up and just concerned about having to move up further if we have any success - in other words the trend is - if a private has success they have been moved up to aa(2a) aaa (3A) or possible aaaa(4A) or aaaaa(5A) or till the publics can beat them .....

Right or wrong ,I guess thats everyones opinion. Sure private schools try to lure good atheletes and good students to their school. Thats the way they pay their bills, its a business. Concerned parents are always going to try to give their kids the best oppertunity available. They wouldn't be good parents if they didn't. I salute them. If their is a problem, its in the system set up by the TSSAA. The same thing happens all the time in public schools, people see a better oppertunity at another school, they give their kid a better oppertunity. Its just not as easy with the transfer rules laid down by the TSSAA. I think its more about the indivual kid than it is the school they attend. People shouldn't envy some kid for his or her success ,regardless of the school he or she attends.

Right or wrong ,I guess thats everyones opinion. Sure private schools try to lure good atheletes and good students to their school. Thats the way they pay their bills, its a business. Concerned parents are always going to try to give their kids the best oppertunity available. They wouldn't be good parents if they didn't. I salute them. If their is a problem, its in the system set up by the TSSAA. The same thing happens all the time in public schools, people see a better oppertunity at another school, they give their kid a better oppertunity. Its just not as easy with the transfer rules laid down by the TSSAA. I think its more about the indivual kid than it is the school they attend. People shouldn't envy some kid for his or her success ,regardless of the school he or she attends.

I agree about the system being set up that way by the TSSAA, but it does not happen as much in the public schools (recruiting). I would think there are at least 3-4 times as many public schools as private. There are some big, well known public schools Im sure some fishing is done at, but most public schools play what they have.In the west tn area a lot of the privates recruit (look at their rosters). My kids were at a public school and did fine and are successful.

I agree about the system being set up that way by the TSSAA, but it does not happen as much in the public schools (recruiting). I would think there are at least 3-4 times as many public schools as private. There are some big, well known public schools Im sure some fishing is done at, but most public schools play what they have.In the west tn area a lot of the privates recruit (look at their rosters). My kids were at a public school and did fine and are successful.

In my opinion Private schools should play with like schools in the playoffs. They do have advantages and the most of it has to do with the type of kids they draw.They claim its a disadvantage to have to pay the tuition, thats not a disadvanyage ,that's a choice. I've been in this dabate well before the multiplier ever occured. I didn't think that would satisfy people and it didn't. All that did was move the problem. Magnet and open enrollment schools also needs some tweeking.Its the system thats screwed up ,not the people who take advantage of it. Alevel playing field is a fairy tale,some people are always going to have advantages over others,nothing will ever change that.

. There are some big, well known public schools Im sure some fishing is done at, but most public schools play what they have.In the west tn area a lot of the privates recruit (look at their rosters). My kids were at a public school and did fine and are successful.

1st sentence - Including transfers?

2nd sentence - Do you have proof of this? If so, please turn it in so it will not lump us all in the same boat. For reference, my child's private school varsity team has 5 Freshman players on it as - I have a picture of ALL 5 of them in Kindergarten together, and somehow, I don't remember the recruiting that went on then. I just found the best school that I could find.

What part of a private schools roster are we suppossed to look at? Please enlighten us all.

Please include the specific schools and kids you are referring too as well

What part of a private schools roster are we suppossed to look at? Please enlighten us all.

Please include the specific schools and kids you are referring too as well

One roster you could look at would be Grace Christian.I'd put money that they have had more transfers over the past 3 years than all of their region teams combined. I don't think very many private schools get transfers at this rate, but the good programs sell themselves. The great public schools get several new kids also. People like winners.