Oak Ridge vs. Halls

boyfromsi

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14-7 Oak Ridge. This was one ugly game. Halls played very inspired football and had a chance to tie late in 4th quarter. I see the point about the passing game for Halls; they need to work it more since that seems to be a strength in their game.

After the first drive, our defense played very well. Our offense is a mystery. I don't know why we have abandoned the intermediate pass, we either throw it long or behind or at the line of scrimmage. We toughed one out tonight, but we have to play much much better to hang with Maryville.

Well, call me chicken but I didnt brave the whether and go to OR. I did miss going to Big ED's to eat.

Im claiming this as a moral victory. We actually played better and I heard thru the grape vine that KJ had some one other then the little feller call the plays.

0-5, could be 3-2. Still have hope. Change is a comming.

Devilsden, you have every right to feel comforted with a moral victory; Halls was not the marshmellow team that some comments here and elsewhere would indicate. It wasn't a lopsided match at all.

Next time, come on out for the game. The crowd was understandably lighter than usual because of the forecast, but all we had was a light sprinkle in the beginning, then cool and dry the rest of the game.

Devilsden, you have every right to feel comforted with a moral victory; Halls was not the marshmellow team that some comments here and elsewhere would indicate. It wasn't a lopsided match at all.

Next time, come on out for the game. The crowd was understandably lighter than usual because of the forecast, but all we had was a light sprinkle in the beginning, then cool and dry the rest of the game.

Good to hear Netmom. I didn't go either on a rainy night. From what I'm hearing Coffman is getting more comfortable every game. Gresham had a great night with five catches and a int. Defense played inspired again and the WATO radio folks were impressed. I was hoping after we converted the fourth down that we had the momenteum going our way. Tough loss but lets take down AC next week and roll to the end of the season. :thumb:

I don't think Oak Ridge overlooked Halls. I think they came out flat and made too many mistakes, but did just enough to win. Halls played well and played very hard all night. If they would have won, they would have deserved a hard fought victory, no excuses. I thought they had a great defensive scheme, showed many different looks and hustled and tackled well. The offense played pretty well. The Halls players and coaches should be commended. Alot of 0-4 teams would have folded their tents, but this bunch fought hard to the final whistle. Good luck the rest of the way.

I don't think Oak Ridge overlooked Halls. I think they came out flat and made too many mistakes, but did just enough to win. Halls played well and played very hard all night. If they would have won, they would have deserved a hard fought victory, no excuses. I thought they had a great defensive scheme, showed many different looks and hustled and tackled well. The offense played pretty well. The Halls players and coaches should be commended. Alot of 0-4 teams would have folded their tents, but this bunch fought hard to the final whistle. Good luck the rest of the way.

Correctly said ORidgeKat....This is the reason for some of the frustration at Halls this season. Its frustrating to see these guys play as hard of ball as they have played and still not come up with a win. They are a tough group with some outstanding athletes. We will continue to hope for the next game to bring home a win. Hoping the coaches keep these boys motivated because it just takes one person to get down to start bringing the rest of the team down. Enjoyed the trip to OR. Good luck to the rest of your season as well!

Now, I have to take a step back as I am not a TW fan on here. But, I have to give TW(Halls OC) some kudo here as I hear he was firing the boys up before the game. It only takes a little motivation to get these boys fired up and we all seen what a great game they played, especially first half. Seen some different things the first half, then seemed like the second half it was back to the same ole thing. These boys deserve some wins! AC this week and hoping for a first win. Good luck guys!