Science Hill @ Tennessee High

THSVikings2004

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to predict a blowout; I just hope the Vikings take it one game at a time this year. But, I would be a little dissappointed if the Vikings don't win by at least two touchdowns on Friday. It has been ages since they have spreaded the ball around as much as they have this year. The Vikings aren't the traditional one-dimensional team that they have been for the past several years. I think that will be a great advantage for the Vikings because you can't just key on the guy who got 25 to 40 carries a game last year; he's still here, but so far he has only gotten about 8-10 carries a game simply because more wasn't necessary. Tennessee has at least four receivers that I know of that already have touchdown receptions. Harmon has played really well the past two games with 16 completions out of 17 attempts and I believe four touchdown passes. They have a slew of rb's, that can rotate in and prevent Shepard from wearing out.

The Hill had a good run defense in the Soddy Daisy game but in my opinion Soddy Daisy wasn't as good as I thought they would be. The Hill's secondary was suspect in a scrimmage. I think that may be Tennessee High's weakness as well, but the only pass that was thrown for a touchdown on the first string this year was on that double pass trick play in the Sullivan East game.

Tennessee High 35 Science Hill 21

I don't want to predict a blowout; I just hope the Vikings take it one game at a time this year. But, I would be a little dissappointed if the Vikings don't win by at least two touchdowns on Friday. It has been ages since they have spreaded the ball around as much as they have this year. The Vikings aren't the traditional one-dimensional team that they have been for the past several years. I think that will be a great advantage for the Vikings because you can't just key on the guy who got 25 to 40 carries a game last year; he's still here, but so far he has only gotten about 8-10 carries a game simply because more wasn't necessary. Tennessee has at least four receivers that I know of that already have touchdown receptions. Harmon has played really well the past two games with 16 completions out of 17 attempts and I believe four touchdown passes. They have a slew of rb's, that can rotate in and prevent Shepard from wearing out.

The Hill had a good run defense in the Soddy Daisy game but in my opinion Soddy Daisy wasn't as good as I thought they would be. The Hill's secondary was suspect in a scrimmage. I think that may be Tennessee High's weakness as well, but the only pass that was thrown for a touchdown on the first string this year was on that double pass trick play in the Sullivan East game.

Tennessee High 35 Science Hill 21

If THS plays like they have the last two games they will win this game.

I am a Vikings fan and have also been impressed with how the offense in particular has looked the past couple weeks but I would advise very strongly to not overlook this Science Hill team. They have lost two games but both losses were against very good non-conference opponents and SH was very much in both of those games. I think they realize if they can win this one it gets them back on the track in a big way therefore, I think we get their best effort.

That being said I still have faith in the THS coaching staff and players to have a great week of preparation for this game and be able to pull it out Friday night.

They're gonna be ready! SH could be tough but I believe we can get it done!

Limit our penalities and play hard and we should come out with a victory.

Right on Viking T. Penalities and turn-overs will kill you.

The coach at SH doesn' like losing,so he will pull some trickery this game.The

Vikes need to be ready to play to the end of the 4th qtr in this one.

They're gonna be ready! SH could be tough but I believe we can get it done!

Limit our penalities and play hard and we should come out with a victory.

Right on Viking T. Penalities and turn-overs will kill you.

The coach at SH doesn' like losing,so he will pull some trickery this game.The

Vikes need to be ready to play to the end of the 4th qtr in this one.

One concern I have is that Science Hill has already been in 3 close games and have had to play 3 full games. Tennessee High, on the other hand, hasn't had to keep the starters in the entire game all season. Will that be a detriment to Science Hill or Tennessee High? The Vikings only have about 48 players while the Hill probably has 70 to 80. Will these factors slow down the tempo of the Viking offense and defense by the 4th quarter?

I’ve been very impressed also with the Viking offence, and one thing I think we all over look is that… I don’t think our QB has been sacked (and barely touched) at all so far this year. That’s unbelievable being that the O lines in the passed have had to get at least a couple of games to really get up to speed. John Davis was obviously the X factor Friday night, and his ferocious hit at the front of the endzone on Virginia Highs first drive set the tone for the rest of the game and IMO set him up for that spectacular performance we saw. Just think about it… wouldn’t you think twice about over extending yourself on your routs if you had the wood laid to you like JD did to that one kid?!! Taylor continues to impress and improve, and is making his reads very well (one of the thinks that I thought he had a little trouble with last year, with the exception of the second half of the Greeneville game). There was one play were he had Talmen picked out and didn’t see Penelton wide open and by himself… but that didn’t happen twice. The 40 yard laser beam throwing across his body while on the run was the most impressive throw I’ve seen in high school football!!! Virginia High had NO answer to the Viking passing game what so ever. For one thing Thurman had decided to load the box, and even though he had to feel like Sudan Hussein that first night of the Iraq war… he stuck to his guns and never adjusted his coverage. Over all good night for the Vikings.

But for this week we should and better be on full alert because lets face it… in all reality WE HAVEN’T PLAYED ANYBODY YET!!!!!! We could have won any of these past three games with the JV team and just a sprinkle of varsity participation. I think we are in for more than most on here are willing to admit. Don’t get me wrong… our Offense is legit… all day and night long! But on defense … we could have a problem. Everybody wants to point the finger at the secondary, but from what I observed it seems to be the pass coverage by the linebackers that is the problem. That and the fact that for some reason they wanted to pick on Cody with overloads… but a quick adjustment took care of that. With the Hilltoppers speed and athleticism it could get ugly if we aren’t able to apply pressure on the QB on almost every play. One thing is for sure… if John Davis brings that BIG paddle he had out last Friday and spanks a couple of them early, it will make it easier on all. That “paddle” seemed to be a HEART changer. lol ;)