Daniel Boone vs Dobyns-Bennett

BatmanDB

Hey batmanDB sensabaugh looked good in that dallas cowboy uniform when he blocked that punt.

I'll have to catch the highlights,I was working all day.He is a special athlete.One of our dads tells a story about a 100 race he seen between a former DB player that was in the sub 4.4 range and Sensabaugh when he was in town a couple of years ago.G Sensabaugh was running backwards at the end of the race, telling the other guy to come on.Now,that's fast!! I'm looking forward to watching Chris and our offense this week against Boone.I'm sure every Boone coach that could watch our game friday was there and they will key on Chris.I look for coach Clark and his offense to be very strong this week and hope coach Waton's defense can have a good game to help the team get a victory.Roll Tribe

Thats a pretty tall tale. There's only been a couple players at DB that could of been that fast (4.4 range). If it was one of them then he must of been on crutches. And I don't think the Boone coaches would have to come to a DB game to know to key on Chris. They probably won't even use defensive backs in this game. :roflol:

Terence Maxwell was the player,and I've seen him run.I didn't see the race but I guess these would be the couple your talking about,and it would be a short tale,because Terence is not that tall :flower:

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday evening I was listening to the "Football Friday" show here in Nashville and I listened to some pretty interesting comments regarding High School Football around the south. The Thom Abraham Show on dawghouse sports had a guest Jonathan Shaffer on who is a former personality from espn 106.7 affiliate(former) here in Nashville.

Jonathan spoke about his decade of coverage of HS football and mentioned a highlight story from E.TN and Sull South. He mentioned the tremendous story of the team rallying despite adversity and what an inspirational story it was for us all. Immediately afterwards, he began to speak about the Elite football programs in E TN and statewide for that matter. He noted that what makes teams elite is community support and not so much of having a strong financial backing.

DB is an elite program, and that is an understatement. The winningess high school football program in the state never goes unnoticed. Even in Nashville and surrounding areas. They got tremendous coverage last season while ranked #1 in the state. I quess my point is that whether rebuilding or not this season, the community has really been behind this program for years. Especially in comparison to some of the large schools I see here in Middle Tn. Coach Clark is a great man, and a great coach. The things I take from my playing days with him are more than football could ever teach. He really cares

about his players, and doesn't miss opportunities to help make men out of the boys that enter his program and leadership.

I look forward to seeing this teams' character as a result of this challenging start to the season. I know the community will stand behind them, now, and in the near future when things are back to the dominant ways that we are known for.

Keep fighting guys! The season is not over.

Nice post 09.Even if someone has something against the coach or just doesn't like his jokes,Clark is the coach of these young men and the leader of our program.This is a young team that had a real good chance going into the forth quarter to beat not one ,but two of the better teams in all of east Tennessee and both are highly ranked in the state.The other loss was to Farragut,and they are not bad.With the schedule as well as some of our big guys hurt up front,It's a lot on this team.Up next is the team that took South to overtime and then it's South time.All these young men need on their minds is practice and doing the best they can against a bunch of teams that will bring their "A" game.Roll Tribe

I don't know what the perfect optimistic opinion would be on the current state of the season. As we've seen, many of us have some different and some similar opinions. The meltdown we saw last Friday night was reminiscent of the meltdown against McMinn Co. last November. Sadly, both came on our own turf, literally.

Although this week’s date with Daniel Boone somewhat worries me, as the Trailblazers are playing well of late, especially on defense, I feel this team is still struggling to find out what works on offense. I don’t feel the defense needs to be tweaked much. Though not an elite defense, Watson still has them playing on an above average level. Sadly they’ve spent too much time on the field in most games, as many players play both ways.

Keep the mistakes to a minimum on offense, limit turnovers, and employ a smart game plan and I feel this offense can be successful. I trust the coaches and players will execute this week, and in weeks to come. Friday night, the stuff simply hit the fan and coated everybody on the home side. Let’s hope the stink doesn’t linger in weeks to come. The Indians go into the bye week 2-3 (2-0).

Daniel Boone – 14

Dobyns Bennett – 28

Remember, we just have to finish with a better conference record than Science Hill to make the playoffs. If we finish with the same conference record, we must win the head to head. I'm to the point where I don't care how we get to the post-season, as long as we get there. I think many of you would agree.

Beware...Jeremy Jenkins has been watching film on CS since he was a Frosh in preparation for this game. I think he might even be rabid. If I were a DB fan I would definately not write this team off. They will come to J Fred ready to rumble. They have a very good kicking game. I will probably forgo the South game and show up at J Fred. You will be surprised.

My take on DB's stadium...go back 4 years. Forget the fieldhouse, the new turf and the monument. Take the end zone and move it down 40 yards. That would get it off the baseball field...yes? Yes that means eliminate the road behind the endzone. In the process build a tunnell under that end of the field. Then extend the home side bleachers 40 yards and incorporate a field house at the end of the endzone. Then there would be room for visitors side bleachers and nice concrete ones at that. It would extend the capacity of the stadium to accomodate all the Southers for 2010. And would be a contender at that point for a state championship venue. Put the monument in the park across the street. Oh well, so much for engineering. Now there is no alternative. Build a visitor side bleacher from the sidewalk to the outside baseball fence? Right. At it's current state J. Fred Johnson is a disaster. What was once one of the premier stadiums in the state is now a place where no visitor would want to go. Oh...I forgot about the parking lot. Now what was wrong with it again? I wonder if your AD had anything to do with any of this?

There are a lot of things they could do with the stands comp.They could take a few yards out of center field and rig up a"green monster wall' during baseball season.They could just build a new baseball field accross center street and use the little seats up there for the one or two hundred that will see a baseball game.Then again they could just put a temporary system in during football season and take it up for baseball,while putting big solid seats where the little ones are.If they do nothing,it will be very unsafe during the South game next year.The TH game last year was unsafe in my opinion.

Beware...Jeremy Jenkins has been watching film on CS since he was a Frosh in preparation for this game. I think he might even be rabid. If I were a DB fan I would definately not write this team off. They will come to J Fred ready to rumble. They have a very good kicking game. I will probably forgo the South game and show up at J Fred. You will be surprised.

So whats Mr. Jenkins going to do when CS doesn't suit up Friday night?