Daniel Boone vs Dobyns-Bennett

BatmanDB

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey comp i noticed is was real quiet on the SH and TH thread maybe you could get them fired up.Cap hasn't had alot to say lately.

Cap's boy is gone...just like mine. But the difference is he doesn't want to look stupid like me talking it up when it's not his place. But all will know when he comes to town. To be quite honest with you...he's waiting to see if the Vikings put it on the 'Toppers before he puts on his robe and gavel. He knows they will win but that ain't good enough...he wants a freakin' blow out. Then you'll hear him comin' down 81 like a freakin' Abrahms Tank. :D

Hey comp i noticed is was real quiet on the SH and TH thread maybe you could get them fired up.Cap hasn't had alot to say lately.

Cap's boy is gone...just like mine. But the difference is he doesn't want to look stupid like me talking it up when it's not his place. But all will know when he comes to town. To be quite honest with you...he's waiting to see if the Vikings put it on the 'Toppers before he puts on his robe and gavel. He knows they will win but that ain't good enough...he wants a freakin' blow out. Then you'll hear him comin' down 81 like a freakin' Abrahms Tank. :D

Comp we dont think your stupid you just tell it the way you see it.We may not agree with it all the time but we respect you on here.I dont think cap has anything to worry about they we beat SH by 2 TD.

He's been that way all season. dry.gif

Is he sick or just being quiet.TH is playing real good ball so i thought he would be talking alot but i haven't seen him in a while.

It's a strange thing. His kids have left but I assumed that he was going to remain as one of the mainstays. He is the elected speaker for the Vikings on CoachT. So he's neglecting his responsibilities. :D

Former Blazer, as I re read my post I see the disrespect. Please, hear me out...South had winning years in the early 80's, 90's, and this decade since 2004. Otherwise we have been a doormat. 1999 was it when we did not win a game. Why is that? You if anyone know what I think. It's the coach. The freaking coach. The talent has always been there. You are Boone...and that's all you will ever be...to the rest of us. In another 5 years Daniel Boone or whatever the young people want to call it, will be the new DB...as it has been said by many. You have 75% of the new housing projects. Your census will rival Science Hill. The talent is coming in and this year is proof of it. I did not want my son to go to South because when he was in middle school South was a dead end. So I could have said, "You are South and that is all you will ever be" and it would have been with the flavor of loosers. With you what I should have said is, "you are who you are so be who you are instead to want to be someone else". I think in a few short years when South has been relegated to piecemeal by anexation will be about the time Daniel Boone comes to a head. Stacy Carter will make South a household name just in time for the death knell.

As far as this season is concerned, last week against Gate City was a reawakening. If you could have seen how we played against Knox West you would know what I mean. Gate City was every bit on par with Daniel Boone. We have just began to hit our stride.

I have spoken at length with Jeremy Jenkins and about the future of Daniel Boone athletics and he knows he is in the sweet spot. He told me they would battle for the conference this year. The premier team year after year in my sons Optimist days was Gray. In addition of course to his own Chargers.

Yes, I feel Boone will beat the Indians...maybe badly. I saw the scratching and clawing of a bunch of kids hungry for success when we came to your house. But your time is not yet. Patience my friend, because it is in the cards for you.

DB will regain their hunger...but I'm not sure it will be this week.

You post so very seldom. And usually with weighted words. You guard your reputation with respect. And that comes naturally. Some of us wear it on our shirt sleeves...mucas and all. We are heatherns. We are Rebels. Our time is here.

One part that I really don't get in Washington County is why there are only 3 high schools in the county. There are probably 2500 kids at SH and 1500 at Boone and Crockett I am guessing. For anyone who went to Boone, you can guess that 1500 kids means those classrooms are bursting at the seems. At the county, you have to wonder what would happen if they choose to make another high school. Well you'd have about 1000 kids at each HS which would break up where some go and what not, so they would be playing with a different group of teams, or you could take another route and put all the kids in one county high school. If you take Boone and Crockett together and make a football team... it could make for a very tough footabll team. Crockett has had some bad luck but just like any school...there are people there that can play some ball. I think Crockett should have had a better record last year, just like Boone. Those two programs together would put together a scary looking team. Will it happen in the next 10 years... who knows, but with all the kids coming into the county and people moving into the area, you have to wonder what will happen.

Boone has their own destiny in their hands. They can fold up and let nothing happen or they can be mean and competitive and beat some teams around here to shock the conference. You, me, many others, had them marked off not to make a dent into the conference. heck, I saw one outcome where Central and Volunteer were ahead of Boone and Crockett. Washington County is just a cellar school system in rankings? The kids in this area don't take that with a smile but a smack to the face. We like to surprise you. I hope it happens on Friday. No need for a swagger or cockiness because that won't do you any good. Just getting the job done I'd say.

FormerBlazer,your team took the number 3 team in the state to overtime,and you will be in the playoffs.I said before week 0,that you guys could make a run on TH for the second best 5A team in the conference.It shocked me when I heard the South score however.A lot of people have your team favored to win this week around Kingsport.It's not your team that isn't getting the respect,it's more of Dobyns-Bennett needing to get back to it's normal place in uppereast Tennessee by beating good teams like Boone has this year.Some are picking us to go 3-8 this year,unless we get even more people hurt,than even worse.I'll bet anything that when the Kingsport times have their highschool picks,that Boone will get two or three votes.The bottom line is that your getting well earned respect and we need to do the same this week by beating you.Tribe 35-14.We need it bad.Roll Tribe

FormerBlazer,your team took the number 3 team in the state to overtime,and you will be in the playoffs.I said before week 0,that you guys could make a run on TH for the second best 5A team in the conference.It shocked me when I heard the South score however.A lot of people have your team favored to win this week around Kingsport.It's not your team that isn't getting the respect,it's more of Dobyns-Bennett needing to get back to it's normal place in uppereast Tennessee by beating good teams like Boone has this year.Some are picking us to go 3-8 this year,unless we get even more people hurt,than even worse.I'll bet anything that when the Kingsport times have their highschool picks,that Boone will get two or three votes.The bottom line is that your getting well earned respect and we need to do the same this week by beating you.Tribe 35-14.We need it bad.Roll Tribe

Nobody ever answered my question so just to revisit.

Has Boone ever won at DB and what is the overall series record between the two of them?

IMO< this will be the best game in the area this Friday night and I will be there to watch. Boone has a real chance to come out of this game with a victory. It really depends on if Coach Clark has found his old winning ways and decided to bring it out in 2009, when you don't have the talent you have had in previous years it all comes down to the coaching and running plays that put you in the best position to win the game. How is CS's knee?