District 11A! New Champion this season?

thenomad

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, congrats Culleoka Warriors. Two of your three seniors stepped up bigtime. Walton in the first half carried the team. Then Upshaw in the second half. Pilkinton didn't do much, as he got into foul trouble early. Also, congrats to the underclassman. The didn't do anything to get beat. It was hard to see either team lose, but Culleoka seems to be better than Santa Fe.

Tommorrow night, I predict CA will beat Culleoka. They have beat them worse than any team in the district his year. I think if you look at the scores in the district, the number 1 and number 2 worst beatings Culleoka has sustained have been by CA both times. If CA doesn't play their best, Culleoka can beat them, no doubt. Had one of thier seniors hit his layups, they would have been in it neck and neck. He missed countless layups the last game. The first game the game was closer than the score and Culleoka played without their center. To win, they need big numbers out of all three seniors. Just hit them. And Jackson, Goldman, and Lacy have to step up big. I predict CA to win by 2. Another big night for the Richardson twins. One will pick up where the other leaves off.

As far as Mt. Pleasant vs Richland. MP should win this based on athleticism and because they are so darn deep. MP 58 Richland 52.

Round 3 MTP vs Richland.. First game MTP shot terrible and Richland kept a comfortable margin the second half. 2nd game MTP jumped out quick and lead by 13 at half. Richland came back to grab lead at end of 3rd only to loose by 1 in a thriller. Tomorrow night should be just as tight.. I'm gonna say Richland by 2 but MTP could very well win. I dont know what the CA - CULLY games looked like earlier so i will say CA by single digits.. I'd say both games will be very entertaining.. GO RAIDERS..

Richland over MTP by 5. Being athletic and throwing up bricks can only get a team so far.

CA-Cully game is an interesting one. CA is the only team in the district that Cully hasn't had a lead on in the 4th qurater. CA won both games by double digits. BUT....that was in the season and there is no telling what Slatton has come up with. I think this game boils down to a few things. Can Williams get back on track and start scoring again? Can Upshaw and Walton stay on fire? Can Pilkington rebound from a bad game the other night? (getting in foul trouble mainly) Any one of those 3 questions will mostly likely determine a winner. Should be a good game. Within 4 either way.

Culleoka beats CA 34-33. Have to say I didn't see this coming. Just didn't think Cully could score enough to pull off the upset.

cullypride is a happy camper

Yes he is! Man what a finish to that game. Williams scores with 7 ticks left to put CA up by one then Lacey takes it coast to coast and hits a shot in the lane as the buzzer went off. Without Williams CA would be in a world of hurt and would prolly be out by now. HE can score from anywhere.

I hate to say it but I told everyone on here not to sleep on Cully in the tournament now they playing in the championship. GO WARRIORS!