Ladies Classic Teams Announced

RebelBasketballFan

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a very competitive tournament in East Tennessee. Morristown West likely ran out of state to not play these schools as most are ranked 5-14 in Tn.

Pretty bad gameplan by West--since they will be playing significantly better competition than teams ranked 5-14 in TN--and that includes Cosby who some say is the second best team in Virginia---but maybe Cosby should have dodged the tournament as well--They will be depriving the Virginia Fans of their presence over the holidays :angry:

This is a great tournament--but how do you pass up an opportunity to see where you stack up against the best in the nation--after all West will get their chance in the state playoffs

This is a great tournament--but how do you pass up an opportunity to see where you stack up against the best in the nation--after all West will get their chance in the state playoffs

This is a tough debate for MoWest. The Nike TOC is a great tournament to showcase your talent and represent your state, but the Ladies Classic is one of, if not, the best tournaments in Tennessee. The collection of teams in both tournaments are very comparable. The Green Division that MoWest is in features a 5-1 Burien,WA Kennedy team, a 4-0 Kernersville,NC McGuinness team, a 10-0 El Dorado Hills,CA Oak Ridge team, a 4-4 Phoenix,AZ St. Mary's team, a 5-0 Atlanta,GA Westlake team, a 14-3 Dallas,TX Skyline team, a 3-2 American Fork,UT team, and, of course, MoWest. The best team is, by far, Oak Ridge. They have already beaten nationally ranked Brea Olinda,CA. Of course, MoWest drew them in the first round. Also, don't let St. Mary's 4-4 record fool you. They already competed in the top bracket of the first Nike TOC. I really wish MoWest would've played in that first Nike TOC, instead of a weaker Hillsboro team. Hillsboro got destroyed against every team they faced there.

Either way, I wish MoWest good luck and I am looking forward to the Ladies Classic, as well. Go Cats!

I don't think this is a tough call at all--The Green Bracket is the toughest bracket at the TOC in this session--and every one of the teams in it was highly ranked to end the year last year-

Skyline BTW only has two losses--both to nationally ranked Duncanville (the loss attributed to Skyline is a mistake in their last game)--So in the West side of the bracket--they will have to face two top 50 teams--Oak Ridge who has also won 7 of 10 against teams in the top 1,000 in the country with 5 of those against top 500 teams and 2 in the top 100--and Skyline who has 6 wins against top 500 teams

Now without going into great detail about the teams in the ladies Classic--and not a slam-You have Cosby--and arguably no one in the top 5 in the state (you have Mt. Juliett Cleveland Oak Ridge Greenville)

When you get invited to a prestige tournament--give your team a chance to compete against some of the best n the country--(especially two of the best womens basketball state in the country in California and Texas) and expose your players to recruiters from around the country--how do you pass it up--not to mention the trip to Phoenix)

How can this possibly be a hard choice--

and while I would have also liked to have seen West go to the last session--who knows if they would have been put in the same division--my guess is not seeing where they were seeded for this tourney

Yes the Ladies' Classic is a great tournament, but I agree, how can Morristown West pass up such an opportunity? These young ladies have worked very hard to be able to go to this tournament, it will be the exeperience of a lifetime. Life is about so much more than basketball, these girls will be able to travel across the country and see and do things they may never have the opportunity to do again. It will be great national exposure for all involved. I can't imagine any program would pass up an invitation to this tournament if they could raise the money to take their team. I can assure you these girls will represent the IMAC and the state of TN with class. Be happy for them! Good Luck Lady Trojans!

i think greeneville and cosby along with maybe wilson are the two or three best teams in the tourney... right up there with them is SG but considering the game earlier this year, gotta give it to greeneville. idk if us Devil fans will be able to beat this cosby team, i hear they have 3 signees already D1 from an inside source and it will be tough to stop them... we will see

Merry Christmas though to all... and a Happy Holidays (in case the first one offends you)

LAD1, the 4 teams that you mentioned are all good basketball teams and probably all have the potential to beat each other on any given night, but to say they are the best teams in the tournament may be a stretch...A lot of the teams in this years Classic are very similiar in size, talent, record thus far, and ability and I don't really see a CLEAR favorite to win it all going into it....that being said I have never seen either of the out-of-state teams play before, but I have seen most of the others in the field and they can all play some pretty good basketball and give teams from anywhere in the United States a run for their money!!! Should be an exciting week of basketball! Good luck to everybody!

Oak Ridge over Cleveland in a dogfight and DB over Mt Juliett. Wilson Central and S.Greene should win handily as should Maryville. Rogers has the gatorade poy for arkansas and will be too much for them to handle-Livingston over Cocke due to better gd play although I HOPE I'm wrong. Cosby will smoke Greeneville due to the big three in Wann(u of richmond),pitts(u of va) and bertrand who I hear is heavily recruited by DI's and is even being looked at by a local DII-they are from Richmond area and GHS will have a chance if Cosby drives the day of and is tired or if the officials play homer. I wish there were more IMAC schools involved too

It would surprise me if OR wins over Cleveland but it will be a fine game. Mt Juliet will win over DB in a close game.

Greeneville Middle

Sorry but the games are held at the C. Hal Henard Elementary School, 425 East Vann Road, Greeneville 37743 and it is located beside Greeneville Middle School. I'm very excited to see lots of local talent on the floor in Greeneville and GreenBank puts on a great tournament.