Farragut @ Riverdale

warhawks

It's true the East Tennessee teams are competitve, which makes for exciting games! HOWEVER at the end of the day Middle Tennessee teams come out with the win, more than they do with the loss- therefore Middle Tennessee teams are a better/different caliber of football- Especially in Rutherford County where ther are always 3-4 Teams that could be most in the state and sometimes don't even make the playoffs- which will absolutely happen this year with the new classification in 6-A Riverdale, Oakland, Blackman, and Smyrna are all contenders to be considered excellent football teams that could be anyone on any given day, and only 2 will be guaranteed a birth to the playoffs- Which shows the dominance. Oakridge, Ootewah, and so on are good teams over the years yet they always fall short when looking at the overall picture.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's true the East Tennessee teams are competitve, which makes for exciting games! HOWEVER at the end of the day Middle Tennessee teams come out with the win, more than they do with the loss- therefore Middle Tennessee teams are a better/different caliber of football- Especially in Rutherford County where ther are always 3-4 Teams that could be most in the state and sometimes don't even make the playoffs- which will absolutely happen this year with the new classification in 6-A Riverdale, Oakland, Blackman, and Smyrna are all contenders to be considered excellent football teams that could be anyone on any given day, and only 2 will be guaranteed a birth to the playoffs- Which shows the dominance. Oakridge, Ootewah, and so on are good teams over the years yet they always fall short when looking at the overall picture.

Here is something to think about. Goodpasture has beat some of the largest programs in Middle TN. I think they have beat Ravenwood every time they have faced them. Take a look what little ole Alcoa has done to Goodpasture in the Championship game the last few years. This is the 1st year Alcoa beat Maryville. They play some tough football in the Knoxville area also with a slew of State Championship programs that could beat some of the 6A programs on a given night. Alcoa, Maryville, Austin East, Fulton, Knox Chatolic have all brought home State Championships in recent TN football history.

By County I would rank it by # of Championship cal teams over the last 5 years:

1, Rutherford

2, Blount

3. Knox

4. Williamson

The numbers from the East are inflated due to Maryville's success in 4A. One thing to remember is that many of the best teams that had 4A enrollment figures moved up to 5A. I think both Ravenwood and Oakland had enrollment numbers below Maryville. Point being is that the pool in 4A was pretty diluted. I do understand Maryville's reasons for not wanting to move up and suspect that's why the Z-plan was forced on the rest of the state.

We'll never know if Maryville could have beaten those teams that moved up because they chose to move up to the toughest classification.

Two non-game related incidence from one of the players: about a dozen players from Farragut had their Ipods and phones stolen from the visitor's locker room, and apparently some Riverdale students followed and harrassed the Farragut buses all the way up I24 and down I40.

Being a Riverdale student this really makes me mad. It gives all of us a bad rep. I just dont see why you you steal anything period or harass the oposing teams busses. FWIW I saw a farragut player on the way out of the statium and i congradulated him and said he played a good game, but he just looked at me like i was an idiot. Kind of ticked me off but maybe it was just because i was painted up.

East TN teams are always competitive, but rarely victorious against mid TN teams. So, you guys played a good game and lost. Get over it, cause Riverdale won and it's in the books.

Husker don't forget 2009 Ooltewah vs Franklin W 19-3

Free as a bird I din't think the Farragut fans were argueing about losing to Riverdale. It was a great close game. Unlike the Frankl;in game,