Happy Vallry at Cloudland

pujo

Been Along time since these 2 met. Last time was a game that the Cloudland faithful will never forget. Happy Valley had beat Elizabethton earlier in the year and didn't think an undefeated Cloudland team could stay on the field with um. A fired up Cloudland team sent their fans home by halftime, it was a total beatdown. Happy Valley vowed to never play the Landers again. Well times have changed and both have different coaches. I'm sure Happy Valley knows that Cloudland is nowhere near the power they were and just looking for a chump. Cloudland has had 2 very disappointing loses in a row, will they throw in the towel or will they regroup and give the Warriors a fight. I guess well see come Friday night. I think its time for a little Lander pride. Happy Valley will probably win , but the Landers need to suck it up and fight til the bitter end. Stranger things have happened. Go Landers.

I guess I was hoping that no one would start this thread, but oh well. One of Cloudland's problems is just pure lack of talent. The QB does the best he can. He can't run or scramble and he has no big play makers at receiver. Houstma doesn't want to dive after any catchable balls. Morgan is too worried about contact, he won't turn up field and get the extra yards. All we've got is Tolley and Cole. They will hit the hole and get yards after contact. The Shell kid really stepped up the other night and Hitchew showed that he can make some plays. The offensive line just won't block. Those guys are going to have to give more effort to get our backs some room to run. Penalties and discipline are going to have to be addressed before this team can get back on track. HV brings a talented team to roan mt. They mix it up well. They like to do a lot of different things on offense. They are solid on defense as well. It would take a special effort for our team to even challenge HV. I'm sure they are licking their chops. Cloudland has no ones respect right now. They will have to earn it. I would like to see some pride back in the community over the football team. I'd like to see these guys step up and fight HV like never before. :roflol:

Well, the Landers still have my respect. Win or lose, I'm still behind them. I stood their Friday night and watched them lose to Unaka same as I sat in Murfreesboro and watched them compete for a state title. I've been there when they took down 4a Cherokee, Sull East, HV, SPitt and Hampton but I also watched them lose to Cosby. Times have changed, kids don't seem to play with the same heart they used too and the team ain't managed the way it used to be. All we{as a community} can do is support them, try to get more kids out, and instill a will to win in those that play.

HV will be hard to handle, but we can play with them on a good night. We just gotta quit killin ourself with stupid penalties and bonehead mistakes. Execute the plays and blocking schemes. It's amazing how much success comes from doing things right. :roflol: You don't have to do a lot of things, just do the little things right. Good luck and keep pounding. Go 'Landers

Well, the Landers still have my respect. Win or lose, I'm still behind them. I stood their Friday night and watched them lose to Unaka same as I sat in Murfreesboro and watched them compete for a state title. I've been there when they took down 4a Cherokee, Sull East, HV, SPitt and Hampton but I also watched them lose to Cosby. Times have changed, kids don't seem to play with the same heart they used too and the team ain't managed the way it used to be. All we{as a community} can do is support them, try to get more kids out, and instill a will to win in those that play.

HV will be hard to handle, but we can play with them on a good night. We just gotta quit killin ourself with stupid penalties and bonehead mistakes. Execute the plays and blocking schemes. It's amazing how much success comes from doing things right. :roflol: You don't have to do a lot of things, just do the little things right. Good luck and keep pounding. Go 'Landers

I agree that the Landers could give Happy Valley all they want. Just have to play hard every play and be disaplined. Can't have the mistakes. On the other hand ,if they make all the mistakes that they made at Avery, 50 might be the half time score. Happy Valley is a quite a bit better team than Avery.

Happy Valley is not the team we want to be facing right now coming off 2 losses,this game could have a big effect mentally on the team.if we lose this one they might just give up on the rest of the season,I hope they can turn it around this week I think if they practice hard this week and like 91 lander said cut out all the mental mistakes we could win this one,its going to take a team effort.

Happy Valley is not the team we want to be facing right now coming off 2 losses,this game could have a big effect mentally on the team.if we lose this one they might just give up on the rest of the season,I hope they can turn it around this week I think if they practice hard this week and like 91 lander said cut out all the mental mistakes we could win this one,its going to take a team effort.

Really can't see Cloudland winning this one, but if they play up to the potential, I think they could give Happy Vally a fairly good game. Cloudlands biggest problem might be moving the ball. The offence is not that great. If you can't move the ball ,you give the other team a short field alot. Happy Valley has a pretty balanced attack and I'm sure they will be able to punch it in the endzone a few times. Happy Valley should win by 21. I'd love to see it the other way around, but I just can't really see it. I'm really beginning to wonder if Cloudland will ever be a power again. Just a very small school with limited talent. They basically play a bigger school every week.

I can't see cloudland winning this one. Happy valley has a good ball team and cloudland seems to have problems other than not being able to put points on the boards. But I hope my boy Seth has a good game.

Where has Cloudland played that has more than one scoreboard? B) Any way, I hope the kids up there keep grinding and give the Warriors all they want and then some! Good luck and hang in there, it all works in cycles, just have to get a couple W's and yall will be back on track. See yall next week, again good luck! :flower: