south football

etmemphisfan

Not to divulge any injury reports per Comp's directive, but we KNEED to get some players BACK from injury and we will once again be HEAD and SHOULDERS above the competition . :thumb: The Toppers seem determined to throw the ball and I'd say we could be vulnerable there. Ryan Mitchell and his speed will

probably test the perimeter as well. It will be demanding test for Rebel cornerbacks and OLBs.

Science Hill has fielded very good middle school teams in recent years and seems to have a lot of talent in the pipeline. I would think the pressure is getting turned up on Coach Smith to field a winner and soon. The JV and freshman games to follow should give some indication of where these two programs are headed. :roflol:

I returned some equipment today and it looked like a MASH unit. I didn't investigate the injuries. IMO the kicking game will hurt us. Stacy was putting some new Calculus on the board. I like Paul and AJ on D. We need the speed.

First of all comp you need to pay attention we have alot of players injured, Seth, Taylor Rowland, Shanks,. So somebody had to step up and fill those positions don't you think? The guys are bouncing back but there are issues going on with South team that everyone doesn't have a clue about.....

Correct me if I'm wrong but your post seems to be a bit confrontational. Do you have an issue with me? Maybe you should come out with it. And yes, I wasn't aware of the current issues but am getting up to speed real quick. But I don't think that is justification for the abrasiveness of you post. Anyway, I hope all the guys are healing well. I know a couple of the injuries are a bit serious so my thoughts are with them as well.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Comp. I don't have any issues with you. I treat your's like my own and try to be an encourager. I don't know how we are to know about injuries or issues if we don't have a kid playing, invoved in coaching staff ,or attend practice instead of reporting to our jobs. I would,however, like to know about the scouting report on the Vikings. Maybe you can fill me in at the game friday night?

Hey Comp. I don't have any issues with you. I treat your's like my own and try to be an encourager. I don't know how we are to know about injuries or issues if we don't have a kid playing, invoved in coaching staff ,or attend practice instead of reporting to our jobs. I would,however, like to know about the scouting report on the Vikings. Maybe you can fill me in at the game friday night?

I think I need to sit with you guys on Fridays to get the inside scoop on things. :roflol:

Wasn't it you dog that told me I could sit on the visitor side with Cap if I went to the Viking game. Oh, OK...but now we're cool. Anyway, I didn't take offense to you hacking on me for not attending the Falcon game. I mean I know we need all the support we can get and you were actually right to chastise me. I actually felt bad during the whole game. Guilty I guess is the word. But yes, I saw some things at that game. I'm at work and I'll post them afterwhile when I slow down.

Wasn't it you dog that told me I could sit on the visitor side with Cap if I went to the Viking game. Oh, OK...but now we're cool. Anyway, I didn't take offense to you hacking on me for not attending the Falcon game. I mean I know we need all the support we can get and you were actually right to chastise me. I actually felt bad during the whole game. Guilty I guess is the word. But yes, I saw some things at that game. I'm at work and I'll post them afterwhile when I slow down.

I did not intend to admonish you. I couldn't resist the temptation to get a dig in on your choice of games. I understand how you roll, how you are a student of the game and the high stakes drama and how the bewilderment of South-DB game picked your curiosity. Like I said ,I wish I could have seen it too. With the way things have gone at South this year,I couldn't miss the kids playing any game. There seems to be a greater sense of family and trying to hold one another up than I have ever seen.

I did not intend to admonish you. I couldn't resist the temptation to get a dig in on your choice of games. I understand how you roll, how you are a student of the game and the high stakes drama and how the bewilderment of South-DB game picked your curiosity. Like I said ,I wish I could have seen it too. With the way things have gone at South this year,I couldn't miss the kids playing any game. There seems to be a greater sense of family and trying to hold one another up than I have ever seen.

Yeah, I'm still not over the DB game. I don't know...it was too much like Greeneville last year for me. I took it personal all over again. Not the ref thing just the football part. I mean after all, it was my son that lost the game. But as well, I feel this weeks game is crucial. And I feel a bit of trepidation. But for the Falcon game I just had to get away and try and let the air clear.

Yeah, I'm still not over the DB game. I don't know...it was too much like Greeneville last year for me. I took it personal all over again. Not the ref thing just the football part. I mean after all, it was my son that lost the game. But as well, I feel this weeks game is crucial. And I feel a bit of trepidation. But for the Falcon game I just had to get away and try and let the air clear.

I really hope that you nor your son believe this. In my eyes, he won the game on the TD run that was called back.

I really hope that you nor your son believe this. In my eyes, he won the game on the TD run that was called back.

Amen. I don't ever want to hear that baloney again. Taylor was the face of Rebel football last year. You cannot put a game on one play. Besides what was he to do? Run through or fly over a half ton of players at the goal line?

Amen. I don't ever want to hear that baloney again. Taylor was the face of Rebel football last year. You cannot put a game on one play. Besides what was he to do? Run through or fly over a half ton of players at the goal line?

Any other game he ever played he would have made an adjustment and broke to the weak side when seeing a brick wall waiting on him. It was his standard cut. It was a move he didn't have to think about...it was automatic. Anyway way, enough of that.

Comp, if you look at one play and say that, maybe you have some weight on your comment, but football is a team sport. Did the defense make stops when they need to, did the oline get off the ball, did special teams make tackles....comment just surprised me a bit coming from you, you know it is a team sport buddy.

But enough of that as you say, it's been quiet from you guys and I expected a South vs SH thread to be a happening... hoping for some input because you well know that SH could definitely be a spoiler for you guys tonight, despite the record. Too many athletes at that school. Regardless, stay warm and safe tonight South fans!