Countdown!

wosbodog

Any thoughts on who to watch for this year? Teams, individuals, info on weight changes? Notable matches to anticipate? We're on the eve once more of another showcase of awesomeness! Exciting rivalries, match-ups going all the way back to middle school. Will Stuart Doster and Mike Hooker go at it again? The real mccoy Cameron Croy reaches his senior year, will he maintain his dominance, or will young Kennedy take him down? We got wrestlers going for multiple championships, TJ Duncan going for number 4, and still not a senior. Will Zach Watson again lay the smackdown on his elders? Perhaps another encounter between Daniel Baucke and Alex Manley? Baylor, Ryan, Bradley, Cleveland, Soddy, who will reign supreme this year? Independence comes ever-closer to tasting gold, and their relative Brentwood is still in the fight. After two years of covering the divison 2 mats purple and red with split decisions, will either Baylor or Ryan be able to truly defeat the other? Christain Brothers and McCallie in the mix as well. Bradley goes for a third clean sweep at State, but Soddy might be ready for them this year. And there's a certain individual I've heard some things about, going by the name of Turbo...another freshman prodigy out of the Chattanooga realm? Can anyone stand up to the 423?

Thoughts? Comments anyone?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well that would all depend on what weight he decides to go, i could name a handful of people that could possibly keep him out of the finals, and possibly a varsity spot

I believe wrestling god may be in for a suprise. Without naming any names I will say I have seen this young prodigy beat up on some of the people you are probably thinking about that would keep him out of the finals. as far as him not starting for his own team, I have not seen the matchup you are probably thinking about but I bet it would be a good one.Im sure they will both be in the lineup when it is all said and done.

come on man may not start please you must have never seen the kid wrestle

I have seen Turbo wrestle, my brother wrestled with him on the schoolboy national team. I have my people who i see as sleepers, as far as the wrestle-off, i would pay money to see that match. But as far as a easy pick for the state finals? I am more than convinced that there are more than two or three people that could stop him. But because I dont want to get in trouble I will keep these names to myself.

come on man may not start please you must have never seen the kid wrestle

I have seen Turbo wrestle, my brother wrestled with him on the schoolboy national team. I have my people who i see as sleepers, as far as the wrestle-off, i would pay money to see that match. But as far as a easy pick for the state finals? I am more than convinced that there are more than two or three people that could stop him. But because I dont want to get in trouble I will keep these names to myself.

ok, Turbo was good two years ago when he was on this above mentioned teamteam but he has vastly improved since then I can assure you. I witnessed him take the defending state chamion into either overtime or a 1 pt loss last year when he was an 8th grader and aformentioned state champion was a senior. I have witnessed him totally dismantle a state runner up over the summer on several occasions. not bad for a kid who hasnt wrestled a high school match yet. I can assure you he will be in the mix at the end of the year without a doubt.

this turbo kid is pretty good but he isn't the man yet. ill take the lopez kid from cleveland i can't remember the younger ones name but i understand that he is really good.

ithink bradley will stil be the best team followed by soddy and cleveland

The younger Lopez's name is Aaron. He may be heavier. I know he was wrestling around 130 / 135 over the summer. He is another quality kid. Odd that he and Turbo were both on the same Schoolboy Duals team a couple of years ago :thumb: .

this turbo kid is pretty good but he isn't the man yet. ill take the lopez kid from cleveland i can't remember the younger ones name but i understand that he is really good.

The younger Lopez's name is Aaron. He may be heavier. I know he was wrestling around 130 / 135 over the summer. He is another quality kid. Odd that he and Turbo were both on the same Schoolboy Duals team a couple of years ago :thumb: .

HEY! I think I was there to see them! :thumb: thats odd too

HEY! I think I was there to see them! :thumb: thats odd too

Hmmm, I wonder why that was... could you have had a family member there perhaps!?! That was a good bunch of kids and I am still glad to know and see each of them today.

Maybe just maybe events like Schoolboy Duals help form wrestlers like some of the kids who are being brought up into the type of highly competitive wrestlers we are talking about... just food for thought.