BEST SOPHOMORES IN MID-SOUTH AREA

Guest COACH1999

"Tyler Smith is HANDS DOWN the best 10th grader in the State. He is much better than Reginald. Tyler could post up Reginald (as shown by his constant posting up of 6'9 MTSU signee Kyle Young on his way to 40 points as just a freshman vs Marshall Co) or excel on the perimeter (shown by hitting 8 threes for 33 points against State-ranked Columbia, also in his Freshman year)."

Tyler is a 6'6 WF, but could be a 2G or WF in college. Tyler will go High Major D-1 directly out of high school, but Oak Hill wants him to come for his Junior and/or Senior seasons because of his skill, not lack of academics. Tyler has already visited UT (according to Volball.com and the Tennessean), and will make more big time visits as well. Again, Tyler played and started in 17:u AAU for one of the better teams in the Nation, SE Pump 'n Run (AL), a team which featured 6'10 NBA prospect/Miss St-signee Jackie Butler, top-10 Nationally ranked Jr 6'8 F Mike Williams, and top-10 Nationally ranked soph 6'7 Rashad Case. Tyler has write-ups on ESPN.com, Prepstars.com, Bluechiphoops, and is ranked Top-30 Nationally on Basketballphenoms.com. Tyler is the #1 ranked player in the state currently by Gomab (me :) )Tn Player Rankings and Hoopscoop.com......

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest COACH1999

gomab2 and Theegohalanded

I've made some inquiries this evening and talked to some reliable sources in East TN and Ala. and from my conversation and match-ups, I'm going to agree that TYLER is the best in the STATE. Now he should be ranked #1 on Mid-South Hoops. Have I missed CoachT State ranking of this class.

gomab2 - I sent you an email and havnt gotton a reply back yet. Do I need to re-send......

Thegohalanded - I sent you an email in reference to Mid-South ranking corrections and no reply yet.......

Gentleman, send me your correct email addresses...

gomab2 - Thanks for the info on Tyler, now I know more about the east...

OK, I'm not going to be like others, in hidding...

I AM COACH JOHNSON OF YOMCA 15-UNDER AGE GROUP......

IF YOU WANT TO TALK MEMPHIS BASKETBALL, EMAIL ME OR I CAN BE REACHED AT 901-553-9969...