BEST SOPHOMORES IN MID-SOUTH AREA

Guest COACH1999

Guest COACH1999

I'VE COACHED AND COACHED AGANIST ALL OF THE TOP 2003 CLASS SOPHOMORES. THE CORRECT RANKING SHOULD BE AS FOLLOWS:

POINT GUARDS:

1. JOSHUA STAFFORD - 6'0" - SHEFFIELD

2. JP PRINCE - 6'4" - WHITESTATION

3. LAWRENCE JOHNSON - 5'11" - FAIRLEY

4. JORDON MINCY - 5'11" - BRIARCREST

5. RICO SEAY - 6'0" - RALEIGH-EGYPT

SHOOTING GUARDS:

1. DURIEL TEMPLE - 6'2" - MELROSE

2. RONNIE DANIEL - 6'1" - SHEFFEILD

3. MICHAEL RICE - 6'2" - RIDGEWAY

4. COURTNEY RICHARDSON - 6'1" - FAIRLEY

5. BRANDON BERRY - 6'0" - BRIARCREST

SMALL FORWARDS:

1. CHAD HENDERSON - 6'2" - SHEFFIELD

2. VASHON INGRAM - 6'4" - RALEIGH-EGYPT

3. COLLIN MONTGOMERY - 6'3" - WHITESTATION

4. ANTHONY MASON JR. - 6'3" - FAIRLEY

5. DAMARCUX CURRY - 6'4" - SHEFFIELD

POWER FORWARDS:

1. REGINALD OWENS - 6'5" - FAIRLEY

2. LARRICUS BROWN - 6'4" - RALEIGH-EGYPT

3. BRANDON ALLEN - 6'2" - BARTLETT

4. MATT LEA - 6'4" ECS

5. RODERICK RHODES - 6'3" - EAST

CENTERS:

1. ROUSEAN CROMWELL - 6'9" - FAIRLEY

2. LAWRENCE KINNARD - 6'6" - RALEIGH-EGYPT

3. CALVIN WILLIAMS - 6'6" - HILLCREST

4. JAWON EDDIE - 6'5" - MITCHELL

5. WILLIAM ROUF - 6'7" - CRAIGMONT

THESE ARE THE BEST IN THE MID-SOUTH..........

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your rankins arent bad for the most part, but some corrections should be made. Duriel Temple is 6'0, Michael Rice is now 6'4, Chad Henderson is 6'0. William Rouff is 6'7 but the fact that you put him as top 5 centers.....well pretty much speaks for itself. I havent seen him score more than 11 points in his life, and I've known him for 4 years now.

[Edited by Cocky on 9-18-02 6:06P]

Posted by COACH1999:

I'VE COACHED AND COACHED AGANIST ALL OF THE TOP 2003 CLASS SOPHOMORES. THE CORRECT RANKING SHOULD BE AS FOLLOWS:

POINT GUARDS:

1. JOSHUA STAFFORD - 6'0" - SHEFFIELD

2. JP PRINCE - 6'4" - WHITESTATION

3. LAWRENCE JOHNSON - 5'11" - FAIRLEY

4. JORDON MINCY - 5'11" - BRIARCREST

5. RICO SEAY - 6'0" - RALEIGH-EGYPT

SHOOTING GUARDS:

1. DURIEL TEMPLE - 6'2" - MELROSE

2. RONNIE DANIEL - 6'1" - SHEFFEILD

3. MICHAEL RICE - 6'2" - RIDGEWAY

4. COURTNEY RICHARDSON - 6'1" - FAIRLEY

5. BRANDON BERRY - 6'0" - BRIARCREST

SMALL FORWARDS:

1. CHAD HENDERSON - 6'2" - SHEFFIELD

2. VASHON INGRAM - 6'4" - RALEIGH-EGYPT

3. COLLIN MONTGOMERY - 6'3" - WHITESTATION

4. ANTHONY MASON JR. - 6'3" - FAIRLEY

5. DAMARCUX CURRY - 6'4" - SHEFFIELD

POWER FORWARDS:

1. REGINALD OWENS - 6'5" - FAIRLEY

2. LARRICUS BROWN - 6'4" - RALEIGH-EGYPT

3. BRANDON ALLEN - 6'2" - BARTLETT

4. MATT LEA - 6'4" ECS

5. RODERICK RHODES - 6'3" - EAST

CENTERS:

1. ROUSEAN CROMWELL - 6'9" - FAIRLEY

2. LAWRENCE KINNARD - 6'6" - RALEIGH-EGYPT

3. CALVIN WILLIAMS - 6'6" - HILLCREST

4. JAWON EDDIE - 6'5" - MITCHELL

5. WILLIAM ROUF - 6'7" - CRAIGMONT

THESE ARE THE BEST IN THE MID-SOUTH..........

JP Prince is the best So. in Memphis.

TJ, Thats why I asked the question if "he meant to make the list a all Memphis affair" or what? Read the post before you get smart with me. I had no idea that was another name for Memphis..Its funny though every day someone post a message about the different studs coming out of memphis and for the most part thiers different names everytime.

Guest COACH1999

Gentleman,

Actually I should have included Memphis with Mid-South because others from outside the State also would not have known either. But there are other good player throughout the State but they are mention so much already on this site from coaches in the central and eastern part of Tennessee. We know Memphis is a hot bed for talent, but this site sometimes is not totally accurate with the ranking of the best in this area. Example: JP Prine is not the best player - that belongs to Reginald Owens from Fairley. JP did not do well at the NIKE camp and probably will not be invited back next year. Also he didnt play AAU and someone mention he's playing with YOMCA next year which has the best player in the STATE - REGINALD OWENS - from Fairley, who dominated the State during the summer in AAU and proved he's Div I bound. I agree with you Cocky regarding William Rouff, but I have him listed because he's worked hard this summer and should finally make a contribution this year. Michael has grown but not 6'4, I saw him recently, maybe 6'3. Duriel is a question mark, thats the height the School has for him. Lions23 - you must not know any of the players from this area to make that can of statement. I know for a fact that the 2-Whitstation players mention are HONOR STUDENTS and I've been told from a very reliable source the the 5-Fairley players mention are HONOR STUDENTS. Actually 16 of the 20 names are honor students from last year. So lets make sure with know a thug from a thinker. TnBball - this list contains the best in the Memphis Mid-South area. As a matter of fact 13 from this list will starters on there H.S. team this year. The teams that will have the most impact this upcomming year from there presence will be: Raleigh-Egypt - Sheffield - Fairley, all will have 3 sophomore starters. The team that should be the best of the group will be Fairley with NIKE ALL-AMERICAN - RouSean Cromwell, Reginald Owens - the best in the state and Lawrence Johnson at point guard - a general with explosive speed and quickness. This team went undefeated at this year's MUS tournament held during the summer. NOW YOU HAVE THE BEST OF THE MID-SOUTH

Overall I think you did a good job with your rankigs. I just wanted to inform you about a few things in case you didnt already know. Jordan Mincy and Michael Rice both attend Ridgeway now, so that leaves Brandon Berry at the point position at Briarcrest.I really like the fact that you put Josh Stafford at the #1 point guard. I've played on the same aau team with him and Lawrence Kinnard for the past two or three years now and there is no doubt in my mind that there isnt another player in Memphis who can just take over a game at any time like he can. Would you mind telling me what team you coach?

Good job for the most part, but.......

-No way you can have an average Lawrence Johnson ahead of Jordan Mincy. For that pick, I know you must be the YOMCA head coach (Congrats on a successful year, by the way)...

-Reginald Owens is a good player, but not near the best player in the State. He is not even the best player in Memphis, though I do really like his game...

Good job though.....................