4. BRANDON ALLEN - 6'2" - BARTLETT

5. RODERICK RHODES - 6'3" - EAST

CENTERS:

1. ROUSEAN CROMWELL - 6'9" - FAIRLEY

2. LAWRENCE KINNARD - 6'6" - RALEIGH-EGYPT

3. CALVIN WILLIAMS - 6'6" - HILLCREST

4. JUAN ZOLLICOSSER - 6'6" - MITCHELL

5. LEON MARTIN - 6'6" - SHEFFIELD

SEE CHANGES THAT SHOULD REFLECT UPDATED INFO PROVIDED TO ME THAT MY SOURCES TELL ME ARE ACCURATE.....

Guest COACH1999

I'm standing with my choice of Lawrence Johnson over Jordan Mincy (gomab2)

REASON: Jordan is a good ball handler with great play making skills. But he lacks the jumper and his heart is a question mark in big games aganist tough opponents. I think it would be great if he has transferred to Ridgeway, but he is still 1-yr away to prove himself tough. Too many mistakes late in ball games for his abilities.

REASON: Lawrence is a good ball handler with explosive speed, quickness and has become a great shooter over the summer. He lacks great play making skills, but is only in his 2nd year at that position. According to my sources, he'll be starting at point guard in the toughest league in the City, which will improve that. But he's proven to be a tough defensive player and has made the big shots and free throws late in ball games. He's a winner.

REGINALD OWENS IS THE BEST PLAYER IN MID-SOUTH, MEMPHIS AND THE STATE...

Question: Name one player that can stop him in the post and one player he can not defend on the floor.

I do agree that ROUSEAN CROMWELL will eventually be #1 in the State as well as one of the top 5 in the nation. He has worked hard over the summer, but only needs another year to break away from the pack. Once he does, nobody will be able to catch him. The kid is extremly focus on playing at the next level, wants it very bad and works extremely hard. But right now, Reginald is a man among boys in this class.

Guest COACH1999

No I didnt miss Chris Finley.

I know him very well. He's a good player with skills. He played up in AAU with the YOMCA team that was coached by the new coach at Treadwell. But he didnt play until late in the summer, so he missed a lot of AAU games. Also, he didnt get a lot of playing time, especially in the big games. I feel he would have done better to play with his own age group that would have helped develope fundamental skill that are lacking in his game to make him a solid point. Chris is a fancy player and holds the ball to much for a point guard, which makes his teamates stand and watch instead of playing. Under the new coach at Treadwell and some more work, he could be one of the top point guards.

Tyler Smith is HANDS DOWN the best 10th grader in the State. He is much better than Reginald. Tyler could post up Reginald (as shown by his constant posting up of 6'9 MTSU signee Kyle Young on his way to 40 points as just a freshman vs Marshall Co) or excel on the perimeter (shown by hitting 8 threes for 33 points against State-ranked Columbia, also in his Freshman year). Chattanooga area's Charles Little (Cleveland) and Jonathon Adams (Baylor), both Freshman starters, are similar to Reginald, and right there with him. PF Donnell Mayben of Covington is a better player than Reginald at the same position, in my opinion, though both are very, very talented.....

Reginald is a heck of a player, and a Top 10 soph in the State. Among Memphis prospects, he is behind Cromwell, and teams with Prince, Ingram, and Stafford for the Top 5 in Memphis.

Memphis is a Major talent hotbed, but, unlike Class of 2004, the Class of 2005 is not dominated by Memphis. There is a ton of talent in the rest of the state in this class, and probably only one Memphis player in the Top 5 in the state (1-Smith, 2-Gordon, 3-Delk, 4-Harris, 5-Cromwell)....

As far as the PG's go...I think Finley played up an age group for a reason: he was ready and talented enough to do so. Johnson (not to offend you) is average to me. I really like Mincy's game, but I do agree about needing to improve his outside shot, but you can be a great PG without a great outside shot (ex: Andre Allen).....

Anyways, Coach, I would love for you to email me sometime, to discuss players for my rankings, and talk about AAU season next year, etc. Next year, we'll get to play eachother..... :D

Guest COACH1999

gomab2 -

COACH HOW DO WE GET TO PLAY EACH OTHER NEXT YEAR....

Also, coach you and I both know that Andre Allen, if you have seen him recently has improved his shot. No his has no jumper, but he can nail it from behind the arch. Also, Mincy is going to be OK, but the question is still always going to be his heart. I know this kid and how he thinks and his fears. I'm not telling you what I've heard but know and have seen. I wish someone would send me a tape on Tyler, I've never seen this kid play. Did he play AAU and for what team. On Finley, I think they all are talented and if you have talent, most times you can play up, but do benefit playing up during the summer if you are not playing to work on your game. I agree, Johnson was average during the summer. But only provided you with information thats been given to me about what he looks like now. He was considered one the top players at the recently POINT GUARD COLLEGE in HILLSDALE MICHIGAN. If all these kids would just dedicate themselves and work hard they would all improve to be above average players.

Guest COACH1999

No problem: would not mind talking basketball or ranking. Send my an email with any information you need about the mid-south.... Also how do we play each other......

Do you have plans on being in the AAU State Championship Game next year....

Coach.......

Tyler Smith played (and started) for the prestigious 17:u Southeast Pump 'n Run (AL) club out of Huntsville. This is an Adidas team, that featured Top 15 Nationally ranked Sr Jackie Butler, plus top 10 Nationally ranked Soph Rashard Case. Tyler also was outstanding at the Adidas ABCD camp, and got writeups on Prepstars.com, ESPN.com, and Bluechiphoops.com.....Tyler definitely has work to do, and sometimes seems bored on the court in High School, but he is considered one of the best prospects to come out of the entire state of TN in years. Tyler will most likely finish out his career at Oak Hill Academy: this is almost a guarantee on that......

We will see eachother next year in AAU. I Coach the Midstate Ballerz program. I wish we would have gotten to play eachother this past year, but I look forward to next year.....do email me when you get a chance....

gomab....

I spend 5 days a week with Tyler since he is a student in one of my classes. As of now he has NO plans to go to Oak Hill Academy. He and I talk almost daily about his future plans and his plans to achieve them.

Maybe you know something that even Tyler doesn't know since you 'almost guarantee' he will go to Oak Hill....maybe you should share your knowledge with Tyler!?!