Page Lady Patriots

coloma20

And here I was thinking you were "all bark and no bite"! Now, just "no bark and no bite"? :thumb::thumb::thumb:

(Sure hope we get to meet some day!)

I will make that happen, if at all possible. I know all the g-men, but you. Chass, DonC, Canes, Cleansheet, heck, I even threw a bone to Soccermom. :popcorneater:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And here I was thinking you were "all bark and no bite"! Now, just "no bark and no bite"? :thumb::thumb::thumb:

I will make that happen, if at all possible. I know all the g-men, but you. Chass, DonC, Canes, Cleansheet, heck, I even threw a bone to Soccermom. :popcorneater:

Hopefully, we will be able to meet up in about 3 weeks! I'll bring some Beggin' Strips...

And here I was thinking you were "all bark and no bite"! Now, just "no bark and no bite"? :thumb::thumb::lol:

Hopefully, we will be able to meet up in about 3 weeks! I'll bring some Beggin' Strips...

Exactly..... My puppy is playing in college but my litter will be there and will be not be on the porch.

It's getting fun again :thumb:

Sorry for my mistake on St Cecilia vs Page. My point was not to try to knock Page, but to praise St Cecilia. I was wondering how good this team was, went to their webpage, and saw that they had won the tournament by penalty kicks over Page; I just assumed this was a regular game.

In any case, I still think that St Cecilia seems to be a strong team which had not been recognized as such in the division 2A ranking

i got a little chuckle out of this post. Page maybe the most overrated team in class A-AA. They play in the weakest district in the state, which is not there fault.

but I do have something to add about their coach and scheduling. The comment that they will play anyone, any time is false. We tried to schedule them last 2 years and the coach made up a story about how they weren't allowed to play us because of some prior incident. When we tried to find out what they so called incident was, the Page coach could not give an answer but said he was told by administration not to play us in any sport, yet two weeks after that conversation they played us in girls and boys basketball, we played them the last 3 years in football, and they played our boys team the first game of this spring.

if that is not a coach trying to dodge somebody, what is? to top it off, some of our girls went to camp with the Page girls and the girls from Page were told we didn't want to play them by their coach.

i got a little chuckle out of this post. Page maybe the most overrated team in class A-AA. They play in the weakest district in the state, which is not there fault.

but I do have something to add about their coach and scheduling. The comment that they will play anyone, any time is false. We tried to schedule them last 2 years and the coach made up a story about how they weren't allowed to play us because of some prior incident. When we tried to find out what they so called incident was, the Page coach could not give an answer but said he was told by administration not to play us in any sport, yet two weeks after that conversation they played us in girls and boys basketball, we played them the last 3 years in football, and they played our boys team the first game of this spring.

if that is not a coach trying to dodge somebody, what is? to top it off, some of our girls went to camp with the Page girls and the girls from Page were told we didn't want to play them by their coach.

As the Page turns, more and more info.............. :roflol:

SoccerSwami says:

>>Stat boosting? The last 10 goals scored by Page vs. Cornersville were notched by JV players, freshmen, and defenders who never get to play offense. Same thing in the Cane Ridge match. Their big star Kate Maguigan could score 10 against these teams but I hear her coach limits her to 2 or 3 per match. Stat boosting? I think not.

TSSAA.org says:

Most Goals Scored in a Game - Individual

7 Kate Maguigan Page vs. Huntlad September 4, 2008 (Page 15 Huntland 0)

6 Kate Maguigan Page vs. Cornersville August 26, 2008 ( Page 11 Cornersville 0)

6 Kate Maguigan Page vs. F.C. Boyd October 14, 2008 ( Page 9 Boyd 1)

Draw your own conclusions.

SoccerSwami says:

>>Stat boosting? The last 10 goals scored by Page vs. Cornersville were notched by JV players, freshmen, and defenders who never get to play offense. Same thing in the Cane Ridge match. Their big star Kate Maguigan could score 10 against these teams but I hear her coach limits her to 2 or 3 per match. Stat boosting? I think not.

TSSAA.org says:

I guess I am trying to mellow and hate to beat Page to death, but I did the math when I read "her coach limits her to 2 or 3 per match" and knew you can't be "the leading scorer in the nation" without more goals per game. Thought I would let that slip, but you have provided the real facts.

There are several teams in the Memphis area that have extraordinary forwards/midfielders who can easily score 5 to 8 goals a game....against weak competition. However, most of the Memphis teams may have only one or two cupcake team games per season and those players are not allowed to score that many allowing bench players and defenders to get the chance. However, even at that, the score is typically kept below the scores that Page posts.

Point is, no one in the Memphis area has the super, easy schedule....but if they did, they could easily have players being named as some of the scoring leaders in the nation...I can think of a couple of Houston girls, a couple of St Agnes girls, a couple of Briarcrest girls, a couple SBA girls, a couple of Hutchison girls, a couple of Collierville girls, a couple of ECS girls, etc, etc, etc who could easily meet these stats with the right "easy" competition.

A TEAM gets better by playing stronger competition....not just by scoring a lot of goals against easy teams. Briarcrest purposely removed some of the past games from their schedule against typical cupcake teams in order to have the stronger competition this year. I'm all for letting bench and defenders get some time in the box stats...however, make it a little tougher for all of the team. If you have a team you can beat by 15 goals...play 8 or 9 players against their 11 players....now, you are providing your players some benefit in the event that they have to play some tough competition!

SoccerSwami says:

TSSAA.org says:

Pretty much what I thought! Against weaker competition it is easier to get the ball yourself and score. Against stronger competition a teammate will have to get the ball to you. And what I saw of Page in preseason was not a team that could help in a tough game.