Anderson County vs Karns

MavMaximus

Touchy, touchy. Your pot-stirring propensities are gloriously evident in the ridiculous post you created entitled "Powell coaches cry." No other Clinton fans got on your bandwagon which must have left you feeling awfully lonesome.

Has AC needed a strong running game to defeat opponents of the caliber of Karns? No. Has AC utilized its strengths to defeat those teams? Yes. Is there any basis to believe that AC would need a strong running game to defeat Karns? No. Did AC's two losses come against teams that primarily pass the ball? No. Did those losses come against teams that have balanced attacks with pretty decent running games? Yes. Does Karns have a strong running game? No. These are the reasons your statement about AC's supposedly porous defense and your hunch that AC will likely lose to Karns lack any merit.

One of the first rules of logic that you need to learn and understand is that correlation does not constitute causation. Another way of expressing your logic problem is that you rely on the fallacy of the consequent. Hence, merely to mention that AC's running game is not strong does not lead to the conclusion that AC might lose against Karns. Rather, it simply belies your animus toward AC and your HOPE that AC loses.

I have not said unequivocally that AC will defeat Karns, although I do think that will be the likely outcome. Nor have I said that AC will defeat Clinton. On paper, that would not be the likely outcome given that Clinton has a very good running back and a good OL.

And finally, I ain't your buddy.

WOW...MM. I was not aware that you were so articulate. I for one am impressed and understood every word you said. I think d123 is really just jealous. Keep up the good posting! :thumb: GO MAVS!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW...MM. I was not aware that you were so articulate. I for one am impressed and understood every word you said. I think d123 is really just jealous. Keep up the good posting! :roflol: GO MAVS!

Thank you sir! How bout those Mavs? Gettin' it done despite some interesting calls. I'll tell you this, Karns came to play on defense. I think JW only had one catch. The safety cheated over on him all night -- he essentially was in double coverage. Karns has some good athletes. Our OL did a good job I thought.

Congrats to the Herd!

Is it just me, or has the "balanced offense" become a "thing" of the past? (Not that AC's was ever really balanced).

While I am grateful for the change brought to AC by Coach Gillum and his staff...very refreshing...I am still old school enough to believe that EVERY team needs an effective running game.

Blakely, Mabe (definitely a short yardage guy), Kesterson (yes, Kesterson)... ? Don't get me wrong. I love to see Blakely across the middle and JW streaking down the field. I know Mabe AND Kesterson can catch the ball, also. BUT...........

I hope AC hasn't went from one extreme (running the ball) to another (passing the ball). It's not going to get any easier from here on out. Coach G and his staff have obviously done a LOT of right things to get the Mavs where they are in their season. I applaud the coaches and players for that...

Just wondering...? GO MAVS!

WOW...MM. I was not aware that you were so articulate. I for one am impressed and understood every word you said. I think d123 is really just jealous. Keep up the good posting! :roflol: GO MAVS!

Thank you sir! How bout those Mavs? Gettin' it done despite some interesting calls. I'll tell you this, Karns came to play on defense. I think JW only had one catch. The safety cheated over on him all night -- he essentially was in double coverage. Karns has some good athletes. Our OL did a good job I thought.

Congrats to the Herd!

MM, my experience has always been that the Mavs have always gotten some interesting calls! lol! JW is a great player and when a team doubles a player, it is a compliment to that young man. What I like about Gillum's system is that there's someone always open. If Wilson isn't open, then someone else will be. AC's OL has definitely improved. I like the Edwards kid on defense, also. If he wants to play at the next level though, he'll have to beef it up. Has good potential.

Congratulations Mavs. Keep up the good work and great effort! :lol:

Touchy, touchy. Your pot-stirring propensities are gloriously evident in the ridiculous post you created entitled "Powell coaches cry." No other Clinton fans got on your bandwagon which must have left you feeling awfully lonesome.

Has AC needed a strong running game to defeat opponents of the caliber of Karns? No. Has AC utilized its strengths to defeat those teams? Yes. Is there any basis to believe that AC would need a strong running game to defeat Karns? No. Did AC's two losses come against teams that primarily pass the ball? No. Did those losses come against teams that have balanced attacks with pretty decent running games? Yes. Does Karns have a strong running game? No. These are the reasons your statement about AC's supposedly porous defense and your hunch that AC will likely lose to Karns lack any merit.

One of the first rules of logic that you need to learn and understand is that correlation does not constitute causation. Another way of expressing your logic problem is that you rely on the fallacy of the consequent. Hence, merely to mention that AC's running game is not strong does not lead to the conclusion that AC might lose against Karns. Rather, it simply belies your animus toward AC and your HOPE that AC loses.

I have not said unequivocally that AC will defeat Karns, although I do think that will be the likely outcome. Nor have I said that AC will defeat Clinton. On paper, that would not be the likely outcome given that Clinton has a very good running back and a good OL.

And finally, I ain't your buddy.

Man.......you have just undone 26 years of hard work. Now people are going to think we're educated.

GO MAVS!!!!!

I agree with you, Oppressed. Coaches these days, especially the younger ones, love to spread it out. I think there's a reason, though, that you don't see the spread in the NFL. I too much prefer a balanced attack, but perhaps Coach Gillum is playing to our personnel strength, which is speed and athleticism, and away from our weakness, which is a lack of size and brute strength. If we get some bigguns like in days gone by I hope he'll go with more of a balanced attack.

Rumor has it that there were some punches thrown during the game and someone got kicked out of game. Any truth to it??

I didn't see any punches thrown and no AC player was kicked out. There were, however, a few unsportsmanlike conduct penalties and personal fouls, two of which offset when a player from each team got a little animated after a particularly hard tackle. IMO the refs kept things well under control from that standpoint.

Rumor has it that there were some punches thrown during the game and someone got kicked out of game. Any truth to it??

I didn't see any punches thrown and no AC player was kicked out. There were, however, a few unsportsmanlike conduct penalties and personal fouls, two of which offset when a player from each team got a little animated after a particularly hard tackle. IMO the refs kept things well under control from that standpoint.

Could one guess that one of the AC players thrown out was Blakely? Just curious.