MACON CO AT WHITE HOUSE

LARRYBIRD33

And Greenbrier, not trying to be harsh at all. No offense meant. I'm just defending Al. From all we know, he is both a good man and a great official and the accusations that he helps White House over the years are both false and unjustified. It's simply not the case.

Here goes my futal attempt to enlighten some folks.

I don't know this referee, but if he graduated from White House, and he is refereeing White House games, then there is a problem. I commend you for sticking up for this guy, but you "are" missing the point. I am as defensive as the next guy, but I try to see the big picture now and then. A great official would not put himself in those games. It is unfortunate that this has not been addressed before now. Believe it or not, despite fan's reactions to referees, there is a certain level of trust and respect that most people have for referees. Dual realtionships such as alumni, family, work, etc. destroys that trust and respect. Here are a couple of referee standards to keep in mind:

Integrity

Referees seek to promote integrity in the practice of refereeing.

Referees are honest, fair, and respectful of others.

Referees do no make statements that are false, misleading, or deceptive.

Referees strive to be aware of their own belief systems, values, needs, and limitations and the

effect of these on their work. To the extent feasible, they attempt to clarify for relevant parties,

the role they are performing and to function appropriately in accordance with that role.

Referees avoid improper and potentially harmful dual relationships.

In many communities and situations, it may not be feasible or reasonable for

Referees to avoid social or other nonprofessional contacts with athletes and

coaches and other participants. Referees must always be sensitive to the potentially

harmful effects of other contacts on their work and on those persons with whom

they deal. A referee refrains from entering into or promising another personal,

professional, financial, or other relationship with such persons if it appears likely

that such a relationship reasonable might impair the referee’s objectivity or

otherwise interfere with the referee’s effective performance of his or her functions

as a referee, or might harm or exploit the other party. Where ever feasible, a referee must refrain from taking on professional obligations when preexisting relationship would create a risk of such

harm.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Until we can find another QB, Tigers have 2 more years of this....atleast the JR. High did well. :thumb:

Put the blame on the sophmore QB,Dallas has done what he has been told.I know he makes mistakes,and he also knows,but what i have seen so does the rest of the team,but i guess someone has to be blamed. What do you expect,trust me if Goolsby,changes QBs,that would be alot of unneeded presure on a 15 year old kid.I cant see anyone else doing any better,if they can maybe they will put them in.You just have no idea,what he goes through,all anyone notices is the interceptions,threw 10 pics in 3 games,alot because we was behind being ask to throw deep and into coverage,and i guess it was all his fault we was behind. He calls and runs the play that he is told.The coaches have brought this team a long way in a short time,but they are young.What has me confused noone notices the good things, or the mistakes made on D or the dropped passes and fumbles on O or the penalitys,just the QB.We have scored 19 TDs and 13 of them by passing,and dropped a few turned the ball over on downs also,the number 6 passer in the state and the intercepion leader as well, 2 kids in the same class that will get close to setting the single season record,for most receiving yards in a season,alot of kids coming back next year, our best running back on O alot of linemen who will be ready to play next year and most of our D .So for our teams age and playing experiance,this has not been to bad of a year,and better days are ahead.The only reason i could think you feel this way is you must have a kid either in highschool or fixing to be,and your want them playing QB. So tell them to take his place,Goolsby seems to be fair,if they can win the posistion go for it.There is no way anyone can put this season on any ONE PLAYER. Like you said two more years,well my family has listened to people like you for 3 years already,so we really have something to look foward to the next two years as well.The JR High had a great year,a big differance in 12-14 year olds playing,and 15 year old boys playing 19 year old men.With an exception to a couple of years,the JR high has always had a good season.GOOD LUCK TIGERS,hang in there stay together better times next year.Dallas keep your head up,keep working.LOVE YA DAD

I am not disputing that TSSAA has an issue with referees officiating games with questionable ties to the schools. But it doesn't just happen at White House. I know of another school in the county that had a member of a crew that officiated them all the time, which also owned a successful and well-respected business in that town: a business which dealt with the public. Did he make poor calls to influence his sales? Of course not! No question he had integrity. But the connection alone is enough to consider the thought, and he was not even a head official. I'm not mentioning the school because it's not fair to blame them.

Thus my point.

Why are you talking about this on a Macon County thread (and why I am replying for that matter???) when the official in question did not officiate the game? Further, there is no evidence that even if he did the Station Camp game (and I don't officially remember) that his connections to White House had any impact on the game whatsoever. Don't you think Shawn Hollinsworth would balk at it if there were?

Maybe this deserves its own thread. But it had NOTHING to do with the Macon County game, and still doesn't.

Until we can find another QB, Tigers have 2 more years of this....atleast the JR. High did well. :blush:

Put the blame on the sophmore QB,Dallas has done what he has been told.I know he makes mistakes,and he also knows,but what i have seen so does the rest of the team,but i guess someone has ,a big differance in 12-14 year olds playing,and 15 year old boys playing 19 year old men.With an exception to a couple of years,the JR high has always had a good season.GOOD LUCK TIGERS,hang in there stay together better times next year.Dallas keep your head up,keep working.LOVE YA DAD

Great post TWINSLEFT. Until you have one on the field, you have no idea how much pressure these KIDS are under. As a White House fan that was at the game, I didn't see any quit from you guys Friday night. Tell Dallas, BallFan44 said to keep his head up and do what the coaches ask of him. Show me another Sophomore in the state with over 1700 passing yards. Remember this could be my/your son that some A-Hole is spewing trash about from behind some user name. For all we know it may be some 9 year old kid.

very proud of the way dallas grace played friday night. he ran the ball and looked like he enjoyed doing it. he got wacked and jump right up. he will develop into a great player. hang in there dallas. rockytop young players do make a few mistakes and we do have a very young football team. no way you can single out anybody this year. give these boys a chance im proud of how hard they have tried.

MACON CO Needs New head football coach.

You, sir, are a joke.

You will not be saying the same thing next year, because Macon will be winning.

well coach goolsby will not be here next year. and 2nd if you are the 28 year old little boy trying to help him you will not be here neither. 3rd where ever he goes they will have a loosing record. coach goolsby needs to open up a karate class. And stay away from coachingFootball.

I have no ties whatsoever to Macon Co. If you'd pay attention you'd know that.

I do know that Goolsby is a good motivator and Coach.

Like someone else said, you'll be eating your words next year.

I still support the Tigers. Always have and always will. I see potential in these boys and hate to see it slip away. Patience is golden--Rome wasn't build in a day. The Tiger fans and Titans fans will need to take their whippings this year. Sad.............

ACTUALLY , PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE AND SILENCE IS GOLDEN.

[quote name=

"TWINSLEFT]

Until we can find another QB' date=' Tigers have 2 more years of this....atleast the JR. High did well. :roflol:[/quote']

Put the blame on the sophmore QB,Dallas has done what he has been told.I know he makes mistakes,and he also knows,but what i have seen so does the rest of the team,but i guess someone has to be blamed. What do you expect,trust me if Goolsby,changes QBs,that would be alot of unneeded presure on a 15 year old kid.I cant see anyone else doing any better,if they can maybe they will put them in.You just have no idea,what he goes through,all anyone notices is the interceptions,threw 10 pics in 3 games,alot because we was behind being ask to throw deep and into coverage,and i guess it was all his fault we was behind. He calls and runs the play that he is told.The coaches have brought this team a long way in a short time,but they are young.What has me confused noone notices the good things, or the mistakes made on D or the dropped passes and fumbles on O or the penalitys,just the QB.We have scored 19 TDs and 13 of them by passing,and dropped a few turned the ball over on downs also,the number 6 passer in the state and the intercepion leader as well, 2 kids in the same class that will get close to setting the single season record,for most receiving yards in a season,alot of kids coming back next year, our best running back on O alot of linemen who will be ready to play next year and most of our D .So for our teams age and playing experiance,this has not been to bad of a year,and better days are ahead.The only reason i could think you feel this way is you must have a kid either in highschool or fixing to be,and your want them playing QB. So tell them to take his place,Goolsby seems to be fair,if they can win the posistion go for it.There is no way anyone can put this season on any ONE PLAYER. Like you said two more years,well my family has listened to people like you for 3 years already,so we really have something to look foward to the next two years as well.The JR High had a great year,a big differance in 12-14 year olds playing,and 15 year old boys playing 19 year old men.With an exception to a couple of years,the JR high has always had a good season.GOOD LUCK TIGERS,hang in there stay together better times next year.Dallas keep your head up,keep working.LOVE YA DAD

aint you the same one that has stood up hollering at players on the field for the last 3-4 years, while the parents of these players sit back, bit their tongue and said nothing, these players were doing their best also, yet because you think that he didnt hold off a gorilla outweighing them usually by a hundred pounds and probaly 19 years old like some of our opponents are, long enough for the only player you are worried about to shine, you stand up and let rip. sometimes, like last year players hear this and it effects play and causes a rift between players and coaches, Yes, our sophmore Qb. played well this past friday night, probaly his best game, even though stats would not show this. stats alone usually wont show guts, determination and heart. he showed that against whitehouse. goolsby has done a good job, if they give him long enough maybe he can rebuild a program that was dismantled when he took over. so when you are hurt by some idiot getting on here and talking down a player close to you remember there is 50-60 players with parents wanting the same thing you are remember before you run that mouth on friday night