EurosportScoreboard State Rankings Update

kgettings

I know we all have opinions about whether or not Eurosport Rankings are worth anything - but I have a feeling many of us do look forward to seeing them come out each week - I confess I do look for them :popcorneater:

That being said they haven't been updated since 9/27/09 - anyone know what is up? I emailed them and my email bounced back because the account was 'over quota'. Is anyone still at the wheel over there?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all look for many reasons, scores and comparisons and so forth. I too find humor in a team 0-3-0 being at the top. I may be part of the problem with e-mail being full. I am sure them are getting bombed with questions on why they have not updated in 3 weeks. I have sent them 2 or 3 emails asking why there's not up date and I have sent our TN coach/rep 2 or 3 as well. No answers from anyone. I will tell you that when I was trying to register several years back to post games and scores and had difficulty logging in, Coach M got right back to me about 8 months after the girls season was over. :lol:

Garbage in is garbage out and no reply is garbage as well. I guess I don't know why or how they survive. No, I don't want to start a new one, but thanks for asking. :roflol:

Someone must have heard us - they updated it just now :popcorneater:

Yes, it is amazing they read T about their delay in updating, but have no clue as to how to rank the teams other than from what ever bias the coaches have that respond. They could lean a lot by reading T beyond the thread set up to question their updates.

MJUHB we need you more than ever.

I am a firm believer that the rankings don't matter until the end of the year and you did not win State. Finishing in the top 10 rankings is some consolation and a feel good thought to carry forward. But now I am seeing the frustration with Eurosport rankings. No disrespect to the Hendersonville players or coaches, (you know I love most of ya), but how do they end up 8th in the Redmond poll (combines all divisions) when SC is higher than them in AAA. Oh well, hope we win State so I don't have to look back to Eurosport for anything but scores. :popcorneater:

I am a firm believer that the rankings don't matter until the end of the year and you did not win State. Finishing in the top 10 rankings is some consolation and a feel good thought to carry forward. But now I am seeing the frustration with Eurosport rankings. No disrespect to the Hendersonville players or coaches, (you know I love most of ya), but how do they end up 8th in the Redmond poll (combines all divisions) when SC is higher than them in AAA. Oh well, hope we win State so I don't have to look back to Eurosport for anything but scores. :roflolk:

I won't argue your point for a second, but the nonsense that drives many of us CRAZY is some of the absolute dumb things they put on the website. The said thing is the reality that they get their data from some, apparently poorly informed OR extremely biased coaches. One team beats another and the loser out ranks the winner and the winner's record in better as well. I don't put 2 cents value, but OMG, be consistent or no one will do anything but laugh out loud. It would be different if we had other sources to look at, but are it and we all do look.

Well let me try this for some discussion::::::::::Mr. MJUHB have you seen this?

NSCAA National Rankings

High School Fall Rankings Girls

National 6th Poll - October 13, 2009

Rank School Prev. W-L-T

1 Woodbury (Minn.) 1 16 - 0 - 1

2 Downingtown West (Downingtown, Pa.) 2 11 - 0 - 1

3 Westview (Portland, Ore.) 3 9 - 0 - 1

4 Rye (N.Y.) 4 10 - 0 - 0

5 Archbishop Spalding (Severn, Md.) 4 13 - 0 - 1

6 Brunswick (Maine) 6 12 - 0 - 0

7 St. Ursula Academy (Cincinnati, Ohio) 7 13 - 1 - 0

8 Skyline (Issaquah, Wash.) 8 10 - 1 - 0

8 South Side (Rockville Centre, N.Y.) 9 7 - 0 - 1

10 Acton-Boxborough Regional (Acton, Mass.) 10 9 - 0 - 0

11 McDonogh School (Owings Mills, Md.) 11 10 - 1 - 0

12 Strongsville (Ohio) 13 13 - 1 - 1

13 The Pennington School (Pennington, N.J.) 12 7 - 1 - 2

14 Montgomery (Santa Rosa, Calif.) 18 14 - 1 - 0

14 Villa Joseph Marie (Holland, Pa.) 14 13 - 0 - 1

16 Winchester (Mass.) 17 10 - 0 - 0

17 St. Agnes Academy (Memphis, Tenn.) NR 12 - 0 - 3

18 Eden Prairie (Minn.) 18 13 - 0 - 1

19 Union Endicott (Endicott, N.Y.) 25 11 - 0 - 0

20 Paul VI (Haddonfield, N.J.) 20 11 - 0 - 0

21 Minnechaug Regional (Wilbraham, Mass.) 22 8 - 0 - 2

22 Maria Carrillo (Santa Rosa, Calif.) 14 10 - 2 - 1

23 Baylor School (Chattanooga, Tenn.) 23 11 - 0 - 0

24 Williamsville North (Williamsville, N.Y.) NR 11 - 0 - 0

25 East (Salt Lake City, Utah) 23 16 - 0 - 0

And then there is the Region:

NSCAA National Rankings

High School Fall Rankings Girls

Region IV 6th Poll - October 13, 2009

Rank School Prev. W-L-T

1 Archbishop Spalding (Severn, Md.) 13 - 0 - 1

2 McDonogh School (Owings Mills, Md.) 10 - 1 - 0

2 St. Agnes Academy (Memphis, Tenn.) 12 - 0 - 3

4 Baylor School (Chattanooga, Tenn.) 11 - 0 - 0

5 Bearden (Knoxville, Tenn.) 16 - 1 - 0

6 Brentwood (Tenn.) 11 - 0 - 1

7 Houston (Germantown, Tenn.) 12 - 1 - 2

8 Our Lady of Good Counsel (Olney, Md.) 11 - 2 - 4

9 Notre Dame Academy (Covington, Ky.) 16 - 3 - 1

9 Sacred Heart Academy (Louisville, Ky.) 12 - 1 - 3

11 Bishop O'Connell (Arlington, Va.) 10 - 2 - 2

12 St. Henry (Erlanger, Ky.) 16 - 1 - 0

13 DuPont Manual (Louisville, Ky.) 13 - 4 - 2

14 University (Morgantown, W.Va.) 15 - 0 - 2

15 Lexington Catholic (Lexington, Ky.) 13 - 4 - 1

Congratulations Tennessee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb::shock::!:

So... where is CAK in that region poll? They beat Bearden 3-1. :thumb::shock:

Big G, be happy they were there for the first several weeks, you got some props. Just be happy that you managed to beat all the best teams in Knoxville this year, but remember you a small AA school and just cant hang with the big dogs.

Yeah I know it smells like bait.

So... where is CAK in that region poll? They beat Bearden 3-1. :thumb::shock:

So where is Collierville? We took Brentwood earlier this year....Well, you can't win them all (we did that a couple of years ago too) but the big games are ahead, Wishing you all a great post season and hopefully a couple of surprises along the way to Chattanooga.