Science Hill vs Dobyns-Bennett

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I want to respond to is this being the "Best rivalry in East TN" part of the post. I think it goes two ways as far as rivalries go, and believe me when SH won't bring too many to this game for some reason. I See DB vs South, South vs TN High, Boone vs Crockett, TN High vs East, etc being bigger than this game seeing as how DB will always bring people but SH will only start the talk when they are having momentum.

Now next year with a new stadium and such, could be bigger, but I don't know how big this game will be for SH fans unless they wake up. An upset win over South tonight would definitely get the fans more into this game, which SHOULD be a huge rivalry.

I think Science Hill fans will allways come out against Dobyns Bennett.There is just to much history over the years between the two biggest schools in the area.It wouldn't matter if either team had won one game or all of them

You'll have to tell me about it next week bud, because what I saw from the SH vs Boone game....it's like the kids and people of JC have better things to do on a Friday. Just my opinion, you will have to tell me what the crowd is like next week.

Ok FormerBlazer… lets see what you got! I’ll be there tonight… and I’ll be honest. :shock: By the way… I saw the “shenanigans” post. Let’s take a poll. Which DB loss had more relevance to “shenanigans”… Boone or Tennessee High? :rolleyes: Good luck to your team… although I don’t think you’ll need it tonight. :roflol:

SH can build a new stadium but what it needs is a new coach. Has anyone in NET done less with more? I guess as a DB alum/fan I'm not supposed to care, but I truly feel sorry for them.

I will be with you on that,if we win next week.This is the first game after South that I wanted DB to win at the start of the year.The way it's played out,the winner will will go to the playoffs.I just don't see Central beating SH, or Volunteer coming close to DB on senior night.The bad news for the winner is a first round super team,but that's what you want from day 1,{a chance}.

SH can build a new stadium but what it needs is a new coach. Has anyone in NET done less with more? I guess as a DB alum/fan I'm not supposed to care, but I truly feel sorry for them.

I will be with you on that,if we win next week.This is the first game after South that I wanted DB to win at the start of the year.The way it's played out,the winner will will go to the playoffs.I just don't see Central beating SH, or Volunteer coming close to DB on senior night.The bad news for the winner is a first round super team,but that's what you want from day 1,{a chance}.

This is a must win game for DB and I have no doubt that we can win this one! I believe we could play with just about anybody if we eliminate the simple mistakes and execute!

A 1st round super team match up would be fine with me, I think it's about time that we spoil a higher ranked team's opening round! This could be the start of something good..........ROLL TRIBE!

This is a must win game for DB and I have no doubt that we can win this one! I believe we could play with just about anybody if we eliminate the simple mistakes and execute!

A 1st round super team match up would be fine with me, I think it's about time that we spoil a higher ranked team's opening round! This could be the start of something good..........ROLL TRIBE!

I'll agree,if we can earn a spot next week,I would gladly take on whoever from where we sit a few weeks ago.

Hello DB friends. I think your first round game is likely to be Farragut in Knoxville, but I'm hoping that DB and OR can get together in the playoffs. Like the good ole days. Good luck to you guys winning out.

I really liked the game with you guys, and the history between the schools has been a great one.I don't know how it will pan out for the DB and SH winner.I'm thinking the owls in the first round,and the winner get's the Farragut vs Oak ridge match up.Then mabye Maryville or a team that can beat them. Either way,the team that goes on and plays in the final four will have earned it,and it doesn't matter how it lays out,there isn't any free pass with the great teams in 6A this year !!

Yeah, it's always my favorite game, home or away, two great atmospheres. From everything I have been able to gather, it looks like Oak Ridge will host Bearden in round one. Bearden is a sure wildcard team. We'll get a one seed due to our weak district 6A opponents. All we have to do is beat Karns and Hardin Valley to get first place among 6A. It's sort of embarrassing, but hey, we didn't make the Z plan. We play Clinton for the district title Friday night at Blankenship, and it doesn't get any better than that around here. I would imagine it's much like DB/South, only this year it's winner take all. Oak Ridge is getting better quickly under Coach Blade, but realistically we just want the district title and to play at least one more game here at Blankenship. Good luck to you guys, you never know, we just might get to play each other, yet.

Yeah, it's always my favorite game, home or away, two great atmospheres. From everything I have been able to gather, it looks like Oak Ridge will host Bearden in round one. Bearden is a sure wildcard team. We'll get a one seed due to our weak district 6A opponents. All we have to do is beat Karns and Hardin Valley to get first place among 6A. It's sort of embarrassing, but hey, we didn't make the Z plan. We play Clinton for the district title Friday night at Blankenship, and it doesn't get any better than that around here. I would imagine it's much like DB/South, only this year it's winner take all. Oak Ridge is getting better quickly under Coach Blade, but realistically we just want the district title and to play at least one more game here at Blankenship. Good luck to you guys, you never know, we just might get to play each other, yet.

From where we were at one point,I'll gladly take a playoff game anywhere in the state.Going by the TSSAA,we have had the toughest strenth of schedule in 5 and 6A to this point.That has it's ups and downs,sometimes a young team can expect to find a way to lose after plenty of bad luck,but I hope we can gain some "MO'',and take it to the first round.If we don't beat SH,then we don't deserve to play,but if we get it done,we have nothing in the world to be afraid of this year and will have zero presurre.

Question for those that have been able to see DB play throughout the season...How much has this team's offense improved during the course of the season. I saw the Farragut game, and I was very concerned. We were either anemic or bulimic, depending on your perspective. Recently we only scored 17 of Crocket. So, how much improvement has the offense made this year?

Question for those that have been able to see DB play throughout the season...How much has this team's offense improved during the course of the season. I saw the Farragut game, and I was very concerned. We were either anemic or bulimic, depending on your perspective. Recently we only scored 17 of Crocket. So, how much improvement has the offense made this year?

RTR...I'm a Souther but I've seen the Indians play three times. I did not see the same team either time. Against Boone they looked like a middle school team. Against South they looked like your normal Kick A** DB squad. Against the Vikings they looked like weak and unprepared. It's called coaching. It makes you wonder how GQ gets Maryville ready week after week after week after week.....