CAK travels to Elizabethton...

RonMexico

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the Cyclones and the Warriors both won tonight, but maybe not as easily or by as large of margins as was expected. Regardless, these 2 teams come into this game as 2 of the hottest teams in 3A football. 8-0 vs 7-1, #5 vs #6, Middle East TN vs Upper East TN, etc....

CAK is extremely well coached, and it appears that Coach Witten is doing the same with Elizabethton. Sounds like the Cyclones are a bit more balanced on offense, while the Warriors are big believers in the passing game. Wish I could say more about Elizabethton but I really don't know anything other than what I've read here on coachT. My guess is this is going to be a brawl. Regardless of the outcome, this should be great preparation for each team for the upcoming playoffs.

Close game, but CAK welcomes Betsy to "real" E. Tn. football. CAK with the win by 14.
Dont underestimate betsy because they are for real.This board is going to be good to bad i am heading to illinois to do a little hunting but i will be heading back next friday for the tailgating party before friday game.GO Betsy

Close game, but CAK welcomes Betsy to "real" E. Tn. football. CAK with the win by 14.

Hope you're right TG, but this is a game that is exciting yet a bit unnerving to the fans due to the uncertainty of the opponent. Of course Elizabethton should feel the same way. I'm told the Cyclones have multiple offenses and deploy odd front defenses. I also hear their QB & RB are quality players. So we will see. A couple of things I do know: 1) the Warriors will not be intimidated by this challenge, playing Alcoa twice most years has strengthened the nerve of our "little" school & players. Teams like Loudon have also toughened us up. 2) our coaches will have us as prepared as possible. They have demonstrated their ability to deploy different game plans based on the opponent & personnel over several seasons now.

This should be a dandy, I just hate I've got to wait an entire week to see it.

Dont underestimate betsy because they are for real.This board is going to be good to bad i am heading to illinois to do a little hunting but i will be heading back next friday for the tailgating party before friday game.GO Betsy

No worries about the CAK staff & players underestimating the Cyclones. Betsy has their respect and full attention. :roflol: Have a safe and fun hunt and be sure to get back for the game.

CAK can score quickly and often. Their defense is much improved. This should be quite a game.

I agree. Our offense can score quickly. What is very encouraging about the offense is that we really do not have just 1 or 2 guys that dominate the offensive production. The ball really gets spread around. No doubt the defense is much improved. We no longer have to win games in a shootout. The defense has contributed 4 pick 6's and 2 safety's so far this year, which is a dramatic increase from previous years and is only giving up around 10pts per game (including scores given up by JV). Howevr; if this game does become a track meet, I believe the Warriors are capable of keeping up.

With the win lastnight at Kingston, CAK has secured an automatic playoff spot. That should take the pressure off the next 2 games and just allow the kids to go and play. But, this game in Betsy is going to have a playoff atmosphere. Win or Lose, it will be good preparation for post season play.

This should be a great game! Could go either way. I will say that the 2 1/2 hour ride for CAK does not play into their favor. Home field will definitely be an advantage this week.

For the Elizabethton fans: What kind of condiditon is your field in?

Tell us a little about your stadium. Visitors side? Concessions?

I have been looking forward to this game as a measuring stick all year. It should be a great game in a great atmosphere. Elizabethton has a nice stadium in a beautiful setting. The home stands should be packed and a large number of Cyclone fans will sit on the visitor's side. The visitor's side is large and should provide ample seating for the CAK fans. There are large concession stands on both sides. The field is in great shape and the stadium and field will be all decked out for senior night. I believe the CAK fans will be satisfied with the stadium and the hospitality. Parking is the only issue and most fans park in the church parking lots and on the residential streets around the stadium. C, D, E, and F Streets are all good bets as well as the Catholic Church parking lot on C Street. Brown-Childress Stadium and Rider Field will be electric this Friday! The bands have seating adjacent to each endzone and the Betsy Band is tremendous!

I do not know anything about CAK, but I do not doubt that they are a solid football team. Elizabethton has a quarterback in Ryan Thomas that can beat you with his legs or his strong accurate arm. They have two explosive tailbacks in Forbes and Itaro. Nidiffer is a bruising blocking fullback. Jake Davis is a weapon at tight end and the recieving corp of Hodge, Boles, Loving, and DeMoss is fast and sure-handed. Taylor Hodge is an outstanding placekicker. The line has been solid all year, so the Cyclone offense has no glaring weakness. The Cyclone defense is not big, but they are fast and flow to the ball. It will be interesting to see how they match-up against a strong Knoxville area team. I think they are for real so I will say.....Elizabethton 27-CAK 20. Should be fun.....Go Cyclones!!!!!!!!!

I have been looking forward to this game as a measuring stick all year. It should be a great game in a great atmosphere. Elizabethton has a nice stadium in a beautiful setting. The home stands should be packed and a large number of Cyclone fans will sit on the visitor's side. The visitor's side is large and should provide ample seating for the CAK fans. There are large concession stands on both sides. The field is in great shape and the stadium and field will be all decked out for senior night. I believe the CAK fans will be satisfied with the stadium and the hospitality. Parking is the only issue and most fans park in the church parking lots and on the residential streets around the stadium. C, D, E, and F Streets are all good bets as well as the Catholic Church parking lot on C Street. Brown-Childress Stadium and Rider Field will be electric this Friday! The bands have seating adjacent to each endzone and the Betsy Band is tremendous!

I do not know anything about CAK, but I do not doubt that they are a solid football team. Elizabethton has a quarterback in Ryan Thomas that can beat you with his legs or his strong accurate arm. They have two explosive tailbacks in Forbes and Itaro. Nidiffer is a bruising blocking fullback. Jake Davis is a weapon at tight end and the recieving corp of Hodge, Boles, Loving, and DeMoss is fast and sure-handed. Taylor Hodge is an outstanding placekicker. The line has been solid all year, so the Cyclone offense has no glaring weakness. The Cyclone defense is not big, but they are fast and flow to the ball. It will be interesting to see how they match-up against a strong Knoxville area team. I think they are for real so I will say.....Elizabethton 27-CAK 20. Should be fun.....Go Cyclones!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, nice break down. CAK is a small school, 410 enrollment in the HS, and this is only our 9th year of football. We just have about 50 players including our freshmen. We are not a physically imposing team and we are normally smaller than the teams we play. We have good team speed on both sides of the ball. No super stars, just a very good overall team. Offensively the Warriors will spread the field and throw it short, medium, & long. A called running play is almost a trick play for us :roflol: Our offensive line is excellent at pass blocking, as good as any high school you will find. Of course this is due in large part to the coaching. 4 of our coaches either coached or played for the 1998 UT National Championship team, so they are qualified. Our defense is resilent, gives up few points, and can score. They have 4 pick 6's and 2 safety's this year. The team is well conditioned and most of the players only play one way. Our kicking game is very good. CAK is a very determined group of guys that understand the concept of team, and play accordingly. We will be bringing a charter bus of parents, probably not a lot of students or friends due to the travel time. Our band is small and only plays at our home games. Glad their is a big concession stand close by because we like to eat :roflol: Looking forward to a great atmosphere and an even better game.