CAK travels to Elizabethton...

RonMexico

We made it here, and we found Ridgewood bar b que! Hammered it! No rain here CAK brought a crowd with them, but they got no BBQ! Ha!

FBDad is still a homer.

Yeah, I guess I am a bit of a homer. :blink: Glad you guys made the trip up and had a safe journey. Now you can go to sleep and have no worries about any Warriors invading the Tornado kingdom. Come across the river relaxed next week, ready for some good burgers and bananna pudding :lol: and maybe a good football game will break out. :thumb:

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your well wishes. I haven't been to E-town in about 15 years, but it was the same as you described. First time for a football game, so I'm excited about that. Since your Tornadoes aren't playing Friday you can take a peek at whats happening with the game by tuning into 96.3FM. The transmitter is in S.Knoxville so hopefully you can pick it up. It's our first year for a complete radio broadcast of our games so don't be too critical

Footballdad, you all are doing a great job. Exciting game to listen to. I will be at the CAK/Alcoa game next week but will listen to your broadcast...........be nice now :blink: Have to admit pulling hard for the Cyclones. 4 min. left in the game. GO TORNADOS!

I'll pass along the compliment to our rookie broadcast team, they will appreciate it. You missed an exciting game, but not one that was played particularly well on offense from either team. Both defenses played well most of the time. Looking forward to having the Alcoa supporters come visit with us next Friday. You guys have some really good fans :thumb:

I enjoyed watching this game tonight, nice drive up and excellent fans. I do have a couple of concern points. #1) IMO your music before the game is WAY TOO LOUD (my ears are still ringing). #2) I was more than just a little disappointed when CAK was stretching a Betsy player had to stop and start "jawing" to one of our players before he left the field (maybe you saw this, maybe you didn't).

One question: the one first place vote that Betsy has been getting in the AP Poll, who gets it now? Is it Alcoa, or is it CAK because they came away with the win, or does Betsy keep it???? Not too sure what the outcome will be.

yeah, Our starter QB went down but was slow jogging down the sideline after half time. The other injuries, #18 and #14 didn't stand back up the rest of the game.

plain and simple those missed FGs cost us a win.

Some quick stats: CAK averages about 300 yrds/game but were held to 199 tonight. EHS had 185 yards as well...the actual numbers might be a bit different if you count the rushing yards etc. But overall EHS did better then I expected. CAK managed to squeeze by us this time :thumb:

The game was good and CAK fans were good but there was this one Armchair Coach from CAK that yelled the whole time. It was tolerable until our player Hodge(#14) got injured while making a great catch for a first down and the guy continued to yell about how we didn't get the 1st down even though we had a guy down and everyone was silent, fans across the stadium heard that clown and it was was very poor showing and he did a GREAT job of representing a CHRISTIAN academy. I felt sorry for the respectful CAK fans that were there for having t claim that fool. One of EHS former students told him to shut up and he replied with "Bring it" and this was from a grown man telling a college kid to "bring it" lol

IMHO yelling and cheering during a game, especially on the visitors side amongst your own fans, is supportive and perfectly fine. Doing that while a player is injured is NOT. Challenging someone over a football game is NOT. Sorry you had that experience with a CAK fan. I believe you will find 99% of our fans to be very good representatives of a CHRISTIAN academy. In fact, I wish our fans as a whole were a bit more vocal. Most Cyclone fans I spoke with at the game were very nice and accomodating, not everyone, I'll leave it at that. The setting was awesome, the fireworks a nice touch, and the great big American flag very patriotic.

Tough game for either team to have lost. CAK missed 1 FG and had another blocked. Betsy missed 2 FG's and an extra point. Turnovers were 4 for CAK 3 for Betsy, about even. Yardage seemed to be about even as well. Both defenses really bothered the offenses tonight. Hate to see the injuries, hopefully all will be well for those guys with a little rest and therapy. Congrats to both teams for playing hard. :roflol: Good luck to the Cyclones the rest of the way.

What a game! Congratulations to both teams on a hard fought game, and congrats to the Warriors on the first 9-0 team in our programs short history! It's a bit of a cliche, but it's a shame either team has to lose in a game like this. Both teams played their hardest. I do think both offenses were overshadowed by the defenses. Big kudos to the defenses, but frankly I think both offenses are capable of playing better. I know CAK's offesnse is capable of better play, but Betsy had alot to do with that. That is an extremely good football team. I hated so much to see several Cyclones get hurt! #14 is a great player and I hope the talk of ACL I was hearing turns out to be wrong! At face value, the starting QB getting hurt should have helped the Warriors, but in reality I think it was the reverse, as I think CAK came in prepared to stop the run and was not quite as ready to deal with a downfield passing attack. The sophomore QB is an excellent passer that can really put some zip on the ball and is very accurate. IMO, Betsy did some things on offense that we weren't expecting to see executed as well, specifically throwing the ball down the field. I expected #14 to be outstanding but didn't know #11 was as good as he turned out to be. I do think Betsy covered better than CAK did against the pass, with the exception of CAK's #23 who is about as good as anyone I've seen.

I met quite a few Cyclones fans, and they were all super nice. Many went out of their way to be friendly and speak to us when they easily could have just walked on by. Great community and great team. They have my full respect. Good luck to the Cyclones next week and in the playoffs. I don't know if we'll get to see you guys again this year, but if not, we'll see you next year at Warrior Stadium!

I thought it was a sloppy game but atleast both teams were sloppy. What hurt EHS was the first quarter call of 4th and inches backed up and going for it and not making it instead of punting and playing to your defense and the end of the first half instead of running out the clock they threw and it around and CAK got a pick and went and scored. EHS if they played smart could have been up 7-0 at the half.

The sideline warnings that happen every week are pitiful. The 2nd one last night hurt EHS but it is week 9 so I guess they will never learn. I thought Berry played great the first 2 picks he threw were not his fault and he was getting hit a lot.

CAK I feel for you this week. It could get ugly.

Tab, Your assessments are dead on, that will make my post easier. :roflol:

Both teams extremely sloppy, way too many penalties and interceptions (off of dropped or batted balls, those were on the receivers for E-town, CAK QB simply puts way too much air under the ball)

Fourth down call in 1st qtr....dumb.

I was really shocked at E-town ability to get after Epperly. Seems like CAK O-line is down a bit from last year. CAK was able to run the ball late to secure the win, which is good.

I was not overly impressed with either team last night, do not know if the kids/coaches were tight because of "big game" atmosphere or what, E-town was about what I expected, CAK not so much so. Execution is still an issue with them, but I know they will bring their best with them next Friday.

The Good: Ridgewood BBQ and the National Anthem, actual "bombs bursting in air" and a HUGE American flag. nothing better;

A big win for our District.

The bad: Officiating...I guess we got the suspended crew from the SEC last night. Terrible both ways. Big game and calling a sideline violation is doing nothing more than calling attention to your self Mr Official. Be better than that;

I felt like I was watching a game in slow motion last night. I guess watching the F5 for so many years will do that to someone;

Sloppicicity (new word I just made it up) Both teams had it, and if E-town gets matched up with G-P in quadrant 1 they are in trouble. Highlanders are very fundamentally sound and will grind you into nothing If you make mistakes like you did last night.

The UGLY: CAK guy that Betsy fan was talking about earlier...It happened just as he/she said it did, and I was waiting for a fellow CAK fan to advise 'guy' to please sit down and be quiet for just a second, but it didn't happen. those immediately around him kinda buried their faces in their hands when he told the kid to "bring it" but nobody told the man he was in the wrong. Too bad. CAK fan has done A LOT to earn the respect of all the fans in the District, do not let one 'guy' ruin your reputation for being some of the best fans in East Tennessee. Have a talk with this guy by next Friday anyway, huh?

Pregame music is WWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAY too loud on the visitors side. I like House of Pain and Whitey Ford as much as the next guy, but come on.....

And to Ivan Sanders....."Gimme back my vote!!!" Clown.

Talk about a great atmosphere for a football game! Prefect weather, except the 5 minutes of light rain. You could feel the "big game" electricity in the air. Elizabethton has a great stadium with very nice bleachers on both sides. Yes, pre-game music was way to loud, but the beautiful lit American Flag and the fire works during the National Anthem made up for it :roflol:

I hated to see all the injuries for the Cyclones. I hope all recover well.

Game assessment, 1. I think CAK needed to run the ball more, It was working just well enough to keep them in front of the sticks. CAK was in 3rd and long too many times. 2. #27 Meade is a great WR and great target. 3. Elizabethton had better speed than CAK but did not take advantage of it. All in all and great nail-bitter, but sloppy game for both.

Good luck to both Teams in the play-off's :thumb:

I would have loved to have seen this game last night. I was in Knoxville and was able to catch the very end on the radio. (good job radio guys)

What impressed me most was the post game interview with the CAK head coach. It was very inspiring and I believe he is a true man of God. His interview was a mini-sermon. I don't know much about him but, from what I heard from him, all CAK parents should be thankful to have him as coach, teacher, & role model for their children. Good luck CAK against Alcoa.