CAK travels to Elizabethton...

RonMexico

I would have loved to have seen this game last night. I was in Knoxville and was able to catch the very end on the radio. (good job radio guys)

What impressed me most was the post game interview with the CAK head coach. It was very inspiring and I believe he is a true man of God. His interview was a mini-sermon. I don't know much about him but, from what I heard from him, all CAK parents should be thankful to have him as coach, teacher, & role model for their children. Good luck CAK against Alcoa.

Very nice post jwcardin :roflol: I'll be sure to pass along your comments.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JWC: I could live with a 1st place vote for CAK....No Problem. They have beat everyone in front of them.

As for the comments about Coach Bradley, I agree 10000% He is a quality guy and believes in the people around him. I would have no problem with him coaching or giving advice to my kid as well.

Of course that does not mean that I will not try to degrade and humiliate CAK and Coach B on the boards this week. At least you guys know how to take us. :roflol:

STARS- I found that video of Ron Wright and the interview with Big Jim Hess.....Classic.

http://bit.ly/3XWeNl

Getting ready to head out!!! Go Warriors!

APB......Back inn tha good ole days..When'st rasslin' were'nt purty and fake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...Tha likes of tha grait Ron Wright (aka #1 Hillbilly / Tha King Of Kingsport) will nevur bee seen inn these parts agin!!!!!!....By the way, Did Bee Cee pig out at tha Ridgeway two??????????....... :roflol:

A recap from a Warrior's fan perspective after a couple hours of sleep, allowing emotions to subside, and watching the game film.

Great atmosphere, nice touches to pre-game as previously described, very competitive game. Congratulations to both teams for playing your hearts out. Sick feeling for the kids, team, & parents of the Cyclones that sustained injuries. #10 & #18(?) hopefully can return. #14 seemed to be more serious, we heard ACL, hopefully its a sprain. He's a superb player :roflol:

#15 for Betsy is as good a backup QB as I've seen. At this time #10 may be the better overall athlete, but #15 throws the ball accurately and with some serious zip on it. Good job. #33 & #25 are good RB's when given a little space to work in. The Cyclones have a very good receiving corp, good hands, speed, & size, by far the best we've faced all year. The Betsy defense was very good and presented problems for our passing game. This was an excellent learning experience for the CAK QB, because Betsy blitzed often & threw a variety of zone coverages along with some man coverage. Not his best performance, but its a team game and CAK got the win. I believe he will be an even better QB after exposure to the style of defense Betsy played.

Game ball goes to the Warrior defense. Great job guys. The Cyclones are very multiple and presented some matchup problems for our defensive secondary, which showed. #23 played lights out, shut down corner style in my opinion. Had a nice interception that he basically took away from the receiver. #7 had 2 picks for the game. CAK gave up a couple of nicely executed big plays by Betsy that were costly. Upfront I thought the D line and LB's answered the challenge. Stubborn up front and nice containment most of the time. Good job.

Conclusion: its been said that 2 good teams can make each other look not so good, I believe that to be true in some occassions and this might have been one of those occassions. The officials refused to allow the game to have any flow to it (bad calls on both sides for sure), and both coaches were stressed to their limits to find a way to help there team, resulting is some decisions I'm sure they wish they could re-think. Ironically, 2 of the teams with superior kicking games struggled in that aspect of the contest. Both teams have high flying offenses that were throttled by very good defenses. To borrow another sports cliche, "good pitching beats good hitting most of the time". Congrats again to both schools, teams & fans. Not so much on a flawless game, but for standing behind your team, giving us a nail biting finish, and for being willing to play a game of this magnitude. Looking forward to returning the hospitality to the Cyclone Nation when they travel to Knoxville next year.

I will add this about the officiating. That was the most "involved" officiating crew that I have seen in recent memory. Don't get me wrong, at least it was about even. I heard two different stats, one showing 9 flags on CAK and 8 on Elizabethton, and another stat crew showed 8 on CAK and 9 on Betsy. I don't believe another crew throws 17 flags in that game. Several of the calls appeared to be phantom, but I haven't seen game film.

This was not a great night for the CAK offense. I was / am hesitant to say alot about that because I'm not sure how much of that was CAK's O not playing to potential and how much was the E Town defense.

I didn't see this game the same as my esteemed friend from Alcoa. First, these two teams were anything but slow. Is Alcoa faster? I wouldn't debate that point. But other than Alcoa I haven't seen 2 faster 3A teams this year. Betsy had the best defensive backfield I've seen this year. Even still, there were CAK receivers running open on many plays and CAK's QB found them for the most part. There were several bad decisions IMO to throw into good coverage and it caught up with us. CAK spent way too much time in scoring position to come away with only 14 points on the night. Our blocking for kicks was terrible. As far as E town vs. GP, I'll take that friendly wager APB. dry.gif

When you watch alot of games between two teams that aren't even close to the same talent / ability level, you get used to seeing one team look dominant. That has been the case for Alcoa, and frankly it has been the case for CAK this year as well for the most part. When two teams line up that are pretty close in ability, sometimes they both look great, but sometimes they make each other look worse than they are. I think this was the case this week. I would pick these teams over almost every other team in 3A, and I believe they would hold their own against most any. Alcoa is an abberation (sp?) They are not a 3A team in terms of their talent, ability, play, depth, numbers, etc. I want CAK to defeat Alcoa, of course, but playing at their level is not the measuring stick of a quality 3A team.

I will add this about the officiating. That was the most "involved" officiating crew that I have seen in recent memory. Don't get me wrong, at least it was about even. I heard two different stats, one showing 9 flags on CAK and 8 on Elizabethton, and another stat crew showed 8 on CAK and 9 on Betsy. I don't believe another crew throws 17 flags in that game. Several of the calls appeared to be phantom, but I haven't seen game film.

This was not a great night for the CAK offense. I was / am hesitant to say alot about that because I'm not sure how much of that was CAK's O not playing to potential and how much was the E Town defense.

I didn't see this game the same as my esteemed friend from Alcoa. First, these two teams were anything but slow. Is Alcoa faster? I wouldn't debate that point. But other than Alcoa I haven't seen 2 faster 3A teams this year. Betsy had the best defensive backfield I've seen this year. Even still, there were CAK receivers running open on many plays and CAK's QB found them for the most part. There were several bad decisions IMO to throw into good coverage and it caught up with us. CAK spent way too much time in scoring position to come away with only 14 points on the night. Our blocking for kicks was terrible. As far as E town vs. GP, I'll take that friendly wager APB. dry.gif

When you watch alot of games between two teams that aren't even close to the same talent / ability level, you get used to seeing one team look dominant. That has been the case for Alcoa, and frankly it has been the case for CAK this year as well for the most part. When two teams line up that are pretty close in ability, sometimes they both look great, but sometimes they make each other look worse than they are. I think this was the case this week. I would pick these teams over almost every other team in 3A, and I believe they would hold their own against most any. Alcoa is an abberation (sp?) They are not a 3A team in terms of their talent, ability, play, depth, numbers, etc. I want CAK to defeat Alcoa, of course, but playing at their level is not the measuring stick of a quality 3A team.

Nicely done GVK. I echo your sentiments about E-town vs GP as well. If anyone from Elizabethton gets any updates on the injured players, please pass it along on this thread. We're praying for those young men, at least we know it wasn't life threatening or paralyzing type of injuries.

Thomas the QB has an ankle sprain and could play this week. Whitehead they are not sure about yet and Smith the lineman has a concussion and is out this week.

Elizabethton missed that 37 yard field goal so Ivan from the Star can stop crying. You cannot tell if it goes wide from the stands or the pressbox. Just watch the players and you can tell. I get so sick and tired if Elizabethton loses a close game the paper or some fans blame the Ref's.