CAK travels to Elizabethton...

RonMexico

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I will drive this week BC.....

Know of any good eating spots in Betsy??

(We will not be the only Alcoa folk up there Friday.....

I can't believe these rubes have not figgerd out why we play on Thursdays late in the season......)[/quote]

So me and GVK can come out to Alcoa on Thursday, buy a few burgers, and watch the Tornadoes & Chargers. :lol: I know we won't be the only Warriors depositing money at the Tornadoes ticket gate. Hope to see you there, in Betsy, and then in West Knoxville. :thumb:

I have been looking forward to this game as a measuring stick all year. It should be a great game in a great atmosphere. Elizabethton has a nice stadium in a beautiful setting. The home stands should be packed and a large number of Cyclone fans will sit on the visitor's side. The visitor's side is large and should provide ample seating for the CAK fans. There are large concession stands on both sides. The field is in great shape and the stadium and field will be all decked out for senior night. I believe the CAK fans will be satisfied with the stadium and the hospitality. Parking is the only issue and most fans park in the church parking lots and on the residential streets around the stadium. C, D, E, and F Streets are all good bets as well as the Catholic Church parking lot on C Street. Brown-Childress Stadium and Rider Field will be electric this Friday! The bands have seating adjacent to each endzone and the Betsy Band is tremendous!

I do not know anything about CAK, but I do not doubt that they are a solid football team. Elizabethton has a quarterback in Ryan Thomas that can beat you with his legs or his strong accurate arm. They have two explosive tailbacks in Forbes and Itaro. Nidiffer is a bruising blocking fullback. Jake Davis is a weapon at tight end and the recieving corp of Hodge, Boles, Loving, and DeMoss is fast and sure-handed. Taylor Hodge is an outstanding placekicker. The line has been solid all year, so the Cyclone offense has no glaring weakness. The Cyclone defense is not big, but they are fast and flow to the ball. It will be interesting to see how they match-up against a strong Knoxville area team. I think they are for real so I will say.....Elizabethton 27-CAK 20. Should be fun.....Go Cyclones!!!!!!!!!

Excellent information coachh17! Sounds like an excellent environment for a excellent matchup. I'll add a little info to FBD's excellent insights.

CAK is a "pass first offense." The running game has been very effective as well, but there is no question that CAK will look to advance the ball through the air. According to the Knoxville area stats for all classifications (KIL) stats, (http://stats.prepxtra.com/football/boys ... ndividual/), CAK QB Epperly is 2nd in the KIL after 7 games (prior to this week) with 1600 yard passing and 15 TD's. Epperly had 4 more TD's in game 8. CAK tends to spread it around to a number of receivers including the KIL's top yardage tandem with the numbers 5 and 7 receivers. On defense, the Warriors' DE Smith leads the KIL in sacks with 10. As FBD mentioned, the defense has also added 4 pick 6's.

Thank God its finally here CAK vs Cyclones wow what a game this is built up to be! Two of the top teams in the state head to head! Well I know nothing of Cak other than there good or they wouldnt be ranked or boust the record they have! Cyclone nation will be pumped to the hilt by the time CAK arrives in town! Should be a huge crowd with great playoff atomespere! Feild will be decked out like never before seen for our seniors and fans and of course to impress CAK and fans! Cant wait to see CAK's passing game,although i must brag we had 3 picks last night including 1 for a TD! Im afraid this could be one of those turnover games were whoever turns it over the most loses! Either way its going be close and hard fought and great playoff prep! Plus maybe it will get CAK ready to beat the all-mighty Alcoa! CAK team and fans have a safe trip up and good luck! On behalf of Cyclone nation welcome to Betsy!!!

Cyclones------17

CAK-----------14

CAK team and fans have a safe trip up and good luck! On behalf of Cyclone nation welcome to Betsy!!!

Cyclones------17

CAK-----------14

Thanks for the invitation. We are all excited about coming up and experiencing the atmosphere of a high school football game, in a beautiful setting, between 2 good teams. Our program is too young to have built a "Warrior Nation" just yet, but we've got an island and the bridge to the mainland is under construction :lol: . I'll wait just a bit before I give any game score predictions, but I will predict that some of your boys will want to meet our cheerleaders :wacko:

Yeah, Elizabethton probably is one of the tops when it comes to school spirit, a big band(For our area), a proud football tradition, a small town atmosphere. It's very relaxing to watch a game there as much as it is exciting. Restaurants all over the place so no lack of food and a good concession stand with Chik-fil-a sandwiches. I've been looking forward to this game since i saw it on the schedule and I look forward to sitting on the visitors side as usual lol (Most of the home side is reserved).

On a bright note about last game, we cut down on turnovers and had only 1 fumble off our backup QB I think? Great improvement from how it was earlier. EHS: 31 CAK: 28 It will be close no doubt about it (or I hope)

I think CAK would be a very slight favorite and the passing attack is a little better than what Etown is used to. Both teams have played some quality opponents and both are very good. I'm going to go with Etown in a nail job. Best team they've had since the Witten days. I think the Alcoa faithful is in for a good game. Hope the weather is good, if so ,look for a HUGE crowd.

GOOOOOOOOOOBETTTTTSSSYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

:wacko: what are you talking about footballdad??

anyway this'll be a great game. seems like neither team knows much about the other. should be a good indicator of how cak will do vs. alcoa and how betsy will be in the playoffs. Cylcone fans i have a question. Why did yall only score 10 on Greenville and then in the 30s on everybody else?

I think CAK would be a very slight favorite and the passing attack is a little better than what Etown is used to. Both teams have played some quality opponents and both are very good. I'm going to go with Etown in a nail job. Best team they've had since the Witten days. I think the Alcoa faithful is in for a good game. Hope the weather is good, if so ,look for a HUGE crowd.

GOOOOOOOOOOBETTTTTSSSYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

I'm glad that Elizabethton will have a huge crowd, because I know with the size of CAK and the 2 1/2 hr. drive that sadly there will be very few CAK students there. I myself have to take the ACT the next morning at 8:00, so I will not be able to go.

On the other hand I will get to here the CAK radio program for the 1st time!