CAK travels to Elizabethton...

RonMexico

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CAK better be ready. Betsy will be by far the best team we've seen so far. Not even close! Their balanced attack will be tough to defend. It sounds like they can spread you out and throw it all over the field, and they can hurt you with the run. Add in (and maybe most importantly) a strong, athletic QB that can run and throw accurately and you see why they have not been defeated by a team in TN.

Statistically these teams are very close. Betsy is averaging 32 points on offense and only 10 points on defense. CAK is averaging a similar 35 points on offense and 10 points on defense. This is a tough team playing at home, and I believe they will be very confident in their ability to get the win. While I know CAK will not be intimidated by anyone, I am equally confident that Elizabethton will not be intimidated either. This has the makings of a tremendous high school football game. Definitely the game of the week in 3A.

:wacko: what are you talking about footballdad??

quote]

I'm assuming your question is about my last post and the cheerleaders. I know that you know I have a vested interest in that squad. I also know you probably aren't old enough to know who Foghorn Leghorn is (a cartoon Rooster), but here is my answer to your question, Foghorn Leghorn style:

Now look at me when I'm talking to ya boy... what I'm a saying is that we got ourselves some purdy cute little chick-a-dees running around here in the barnyard. Comprende?

:flower: what are you talking about footballdad??

quote]

I'm assuming your question is about my last post and the cheerleaders. I know that you know I have a vested interest in that squad. I also know you probably aren't old enough to know who Foghorn Leghorn is (a cartoon Rooster), but here is my answer to your question, Foghorn Leghorn style:

Now look at me when I'm talking to ya boy... what I'm a saying is that we got ourselves some purdy cute little chick-a-dees running around here in the barnyard. Comprende?

OMG thats hilarious footballdad but most of us got it the first time I think! LOL Except Warriors011 but I bet he understands now! :roflol:

:roflol: what are you talking about footballdad??

quote]

OMG thats hilarious footballdad but most of us got it the first time I think! LOL Except Warriors011 but I bet he understands now! :roflol:

:flower:

Our program is too young to have built a "Warrior Nation" just yet, but we've got an island and the bridge to the mainland is under construction :flower: .

I will have it tagged before it is complete, Book it. :flower:

BTW GVK or FD one of y'all need to PM your phone# to me so we can hook up in Betsy.

I've spent all my money on tuition (I'm paying for 2 now) and for the BOH banquet in 2 weeks. My PM service has been turned off. :roflol: I'll lean on GVK for a loan. If not, I'll find you and BC at the game. Ya'll will be easy to find since you will be the only one's pushing a wheel barrell full of gold balls. :roflol:

Better yet, I'll find you two Thursday night when GVK and I stroll over to Aluminumville :thumb:

I've spent all my money on tuition (I'm paying for 2 now) and for the BOH banquet in 2 weeks. My PM service has been turned off. :flower: I'll lean on GVK for a loan. If not, I'll find you and BC at the game. Ya'll will be easy to find since you will be the only one's pushing a wheel barrell full of gold balls. :roflol:

Better yet, I'll find you two Thursday night when GVK and I stroll over to Aluminumville :flower:

:roflol:

Our program is too young to have built a "Warrior Nation" just yet, but we've got an island and the bridge to the mainland is under construction :roflol: .

I will have it tagged before it is complete, Book it. :flower:

BTW GVK or FD one of y'all need to PM your phone# to me so we can hook up in Betsy.

I think FBD is right. Us cheapscates aren't able to PM. Let's figure out how to get together this Thursday. FBD is easy to find. He will be the one having to be dragged away from the bandburgers by security.

This is a great matchup, and could not be better timing.

WHO HAS THE ADVANTAGE:

Home field goes to the boys from Carter County. The atmosphere is small town, but it gets really wild in Betsy. You need to go by and see Wayne & Wayne at the Cyclone tailgate party. It don't get much better eating than that. Great place to see a football game.

Coaching goes to the Warriors from CAK. Not that Witten is not a great coach, he just not have the staff that CAK has. Although I think Hodge from Elizabethton could be one of the best around at kicking, it is just not worked on enough due to him playing so many different spots. The CAK kicking game is the best around. The pregame for CAK will show you that.

Playmakers goes to Elizabethton. Although two of the fastest kids in the state play for CAK, the Cyclones have a few more. Davis Burton is one of the fastest kids I have ever seen on a football field in High School. If a corner does not open his hips from the start, Burton will be 10 yards behind him on his third step. I don't think that CAK has seen a defensive team this year as athletic as what the Cyclones have.

Front Line goes to CAK. The Warriors will get a push early on the Cyclones Big Ugly's. If Witten allows that to happen to long, then it could be a picked apart night for the Cyclones Defense.