CAK travels to Elizabethton...

RonMexico

This is a great matchup, and could not be better timing.

WHO HAS THE ADVANTAGE:

Home field goes to the boys from Carter County. The atmosphere is small town, but it gets really wild in Betsy. You need to go by and see Wayne & Wayne at the Cyclone tailgate party. It don't get much better eating than that. Great place to see a football game.

Coaching goes to the Warriors from CAK. Not that Witten is not a great coach, he just not have the staff that CAK has. Although I think Hodge from Elizabethton could be one of the best around at kicking, it is just not worked on enough due to him playing so many different spots. The CAK kicking game is the best around. The pregame for CAK will show you that.

Playmakers goes to Elizabethton. Although two of the fastest kids in the state play for CAK, the Cyclones have a few more. Davis Burton is one of the fastest kids I have ever seen on a football field in High School. If a corner does not open his hips from the start, Burton will be 10 yards behind him on his third step. I don't think that CAK has seen a defensive team this year as athletic as what the Cyclones have.

Front Line goes to CAK. The Warriors will get a push early on the Cyclones Big Ugly's. If Witten allows that to happen to long, then it could be a picked apart night for the Cyclones Defense.

Interesting and insightful comments Leonard. Do you care to make a pick for this one?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This friday nite e-town will be rocking. I look for Hrd-fought contest from both teams. I think that we have a edge cause 1) senior night 2) homefield 3) chance to go back to glory days and finish season at 9-1 and finally 4) we have a great fan base that will make it hard for CAK to call audibles at line off scrimmage. I think that Coach Witten will have the boys ready to play Friday night. I say Betsy wins by less than 6 pts. For everyone coming into town friday night there are several places to eat if you get here early then i recommend eating at Ridgewood bbq just over the sullivan county line heading toward BMS. Good luck and have a safe trip. Dont forget cyclone fans be there at 5:30 for the final cyclone walk of the regular season. GO Clones!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the tips. A couple of questions. A number of the CAK fans will be riding a booster bus to Elizabethton so we will probably want to eat at the stadium. What kind of options do you have at the concession stand? Grilled burgers? pizza? I know someone mentioned Chick-Fil-A.

Do the visitors stands have some height to them?

I can't wait for this game. It is going to be a LOOOOONG week.

Thanks for the tips. A couple of questions. A number of the CAK fans will be riding a booster bus to Elizabethton so we will probably want to eat at the stadium. What kind of options do you have at the concession stand? Grilled burgers? pizza? I know someone mentioned Chick-Fil-A.

Do the visitors stands have some height to them?

I can't wait for this game. It is going to be a LOOOOONG week.

We have pizza, hotdogs, chick-fil-a, nachos. As far as the visitor stands they are around 10-15 rows high and go from the 20 to 20. As the bus enters Elizabethton you will pass by several resturants, fast food and pizza places.

Who has the stronger schedule?

According to CoachT, the two teams have virtually the same strength of schedule, as determined by the winning % of each teams opponents. CAK's strength of schedule is ranked 72nd with opponents winning % at 44.3%. Elizabethton's SOS is ranked 74th with opponents winning % at 43.9%. CAK's strength of schedule will jump dramatically after playing Elizabethton & Alcoa. Elizabethton's will jump significantly as well after playing CAK. Just another indicator that this should be one heck of a game.

CAK fans you will have no problem seeing the game from the visitors side like they said its about 15 rows and starts about 6' off feild level! As far as food its nothing spectacular at concessions but you want starve! If you all get there soon enough you can eat at Applebees or Fatz there about 2 min. fron the stadium! If you all have time also come by the Cyclone Touchdown Club tailgate party before the game in front of the stadium under the blue tents! Ask for Wayne,Mike,or Tony we love to meet and chat before the game and also there will be alot of Cyclone fans on the visitors side including myself. Thats because the home side is mostly reserved except for the sucky seats! Plus we dont get rowdy on the visitors side unless the officals make a bad call!lol But whats a game without heckling a ref! Anyway best of luck on your trip and the game! I cant pull for you this week but next week Im your biggest fan! :mrgreen:

Go Cyclones!!!

CAK fans you will have no problem seeing the game from the visitors side like they said its about 15 rows and starts about 6' off feild level! As far as food its nothing spectacular at concessions but you want starve! If you all get there soon enough you can eat at Applebees or Fatz there about 2 min. fron the stadium! If you all have time also come by the Cyclone Touchdown Club tailgate party before the game in front of the stadium under the blue tents! Ask for Wayne,Mike,or Tony we love to meet and chat before the game and also there will be alot of Cyclone fans on the visitors side including myself. Thats because the home side is mostly reserved except for the sucky seats! Plus we dont get rowdy on the visitors side unless the officals make a bad call!lol But whats a game without heckling a ref! Anyway best of luck on your trip and the game! I cant pull for you this week but next week Im your biggest fan! :mrgreen:

Go Cyclones!!!

Wish I could make it early enough to come crash your tailgate, but I'm afraid that won't be possible. About 50 of us chartered a bus and won't be there until around 7PM. We're friendly folks and sounds like you're the same. If any of your fans know attorney Greg Bowers there in E-town, tell him one of his old UT college buddies is coming to visit.

Since Alcoa is playing on Thursday I'll have to check this game out on Friday. I expect a very competitive game between two of the top teams in the state in 3a. I'm interested to see if Elizabethton can control CAK passing attack. This will be the key to the game for both teams. If Elizabethton does this then they will have very good chance of winning this game. Should be an exciting game. I would have to give the edge to the Warriors. :mrgreen:

Football Dad

Greg Is usually at the game. He sits on the home side around the 50 yard line. His home is one block West on E Street from the stadium. Turn right at the Baptist church the last house on the block behind the church. My son was also at UT at the same time as were several other EHS kids if you know any others. I'll give him a call.

Football Dad

Greg Is usually at the game. He sits on the home side around the 50 yard line. His home is one block West on E Street from the stadium. Turn right at the Baptist church the last house on the block behind the church. My son was also at UT at the same time as were several other EHS kids if you know any others. I'll give him a call.

Thanks, I'll come over and look him up. It's been awhile since I've seen him, but knowing Greg I'd say he looks pretty much the same. Tell him Lt.Bobby Riggs will be with me :thumb: , he'll know what I'm talking about.