Daniel Boone at Tennessee High ... SHOWDOWN IN THE CASTLE

v_i_k_i_n_g

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waiting on Cap to get in here and tell me his thoughts, I believe he was at the Boone game last night.

For TN High fans, you'll have to update us on your game last night.

As far as I saw, Boone was rolling on offense and defense. I was worried about the Volunteer game seeing as how I was worried Boone wouldn't be focused. All varsity out half way through the 3rd with the mercy rule in effect, no worries from Boone on this game. 50, 16, 9, 2, 58, 5, and others are people to watch. The Boone defense is strong, and they haven't really had a huge worrisome opponent since DB as far as scoring has gone. They've stepped up, allowed very few points to be put on the board, and this looks to be a great game.

Conference Championship for Boone, if you understand all the background and the standings.

Waiting on Cap to get in here and tell me his thoughts, I believe he was at the Boone game last night.

As far as I saw, Boone was rolling on offense and defense. I was worried about the Volunteer game seeing as how I was worried Boone wouldn't be focused. All varsity out half way through the 3rd with the mercy rule in effect, no worries from Boone on this game. 50, 16, 9, 2, 58, 5, and others are people to watch. The Boone defense is strong, and they haven't really had a huge worrisome opponent since DB as far as scoring has gone. They've stepped up, allowed very few points to be put on the board, and this looks to be a great game.

Conference Championship for Boone, if you understand all the background and the standings.

I think Tennessee High was a bit sloppy in the first half against Central. Although before it was all said and done, Tennessee had over 550 yards on offense and set a school record for most yards passing on their way to a 48-0 victory. Shepard, Simmons, and Clark didn't dress out, but I wouldn't be surprised it they are all back next week. Tallman only played on offense. Harmon threw a couple of long passes that could've been touchdowns but they were barely overthrown. They were trying some different things.

Tennessee High has been blessed this year with all of their runningbacks. They're deeper there than any other team in the area.

Central had a pretty good qb. Most of the time they were able to make it to at least the 50 or into Viking territory before the Vikings took possession. Their victory guarantees them a spot in the playoffs. If they defeat Boone they are guaranteed a share of the Big 8 championship.

Now if we can get Cap to give us some details on the Trailblazers. :D

I will say that Boone is a well coached and managed team. However, one call by the Coaches did baffle me. Trying to pass the ball (not your strong suit) in the first quarter when it was 4th and maybe 3 on about the Vol 25, when your O line was in total control of the line of scrimmage was boneheaded in my opinion. Players I saw........50. Not as fundamentally sound as #99 from Greeneville but every bit as effective. VERY impressed with this young man! Vol (and I'm sure most others) had NO answer for him. #58 is his right hand man... if one don't get ya, the other one will. Good D line for Boone. Best we will have seen since Greeneville. DBs line looked dominating against South on both sides of the ball, but not that impressive to say the least against the Vikings. Allot of factors factor into that... so you'll have to come to your own conclusion. I'll stick with South not being as good as expected up front because of there performances against both DB and Boone. Other players I saw other than 50, 58 and D front.... #20 very determined downhill runner, #5 an athletic versatile player, and #16 the more mobile and effective of the two QBs. Boone was switching players in and out so much it was hard to keep up with. The kicker struggled at the first of the game but I didn't catch his number. So when they lined up for about a 35 yard field goal I had to chuckle. I got the number this time #1, but he couldn't have been the same one that started off because this kid has a leg! He missed but not because of distance.

All and all at this point I still don't think Boone can match the Vikings level of talent or size. Those uniforms not only need a make over, but they are misleading until you can see a side by side comparison. But size will be a factor especially if our backs can break into the secondary. Speed, kicking game, and the fact that NOBODY has had any success against the Vikings on the ground will all be big factors in this game. Boone is a team like East for you Viking fans looking for a comparison. You have to jump on them quick and break their spirit... because if you let them hang around they have just enough skill, and talent sprinkled around to pull out the win. Not to mention their Coaches make good adjustments depending on the situation. Good overall team.... but I'm going to have to say that when all the smoke clears... Vikings by 21. :bored:

By the way... don't let FormerB fool you. The Blazers kept the peddle to the metal until almost midway through the fourth. There were maybe 4 penalties called in the entire game and one just happened to give Vol one of the very few first downs they had. Up by about 4 touchdowns in the fourth quarter... I thought some of the Blazer fans were going to charge the field. :D Not really :D ... but you know what I mean. There fans are very proud of this team and rightfully so, but I have a strong feeling reality is going to come calling friday night, just as it has for us when we have gone up against the other DB in previous years. It's not just about the team on the field... it's the tradition... the program. You'll see. :D

I will say that Boone is a well coached and managed team. However, one call by the Coaches did baffle me. Trying to pass the ball (not your strong suit) in the first quarter when it was 4th and maybe 3 on about the Vol 25, when your O line was in total control of the line of scrimmage was boneheaded in my opinion. Players I saw........50. Not as fundamentally sound as #99 from Greeneville but every bit as effective. VERY impressed with this young man! Vol (and I'm sure most others) had NO answer for him. #58 is his right hand man... if one don't get ya, the other one will. Good D line for Boone. Best we will have seen since Greeneville. DBs line looked dominating against South on both sides of the ball, but not that impressive to say the least against the Vikings. Allot of factors factor into that... so you'll have to come to your own conclusion. I'll stick with South not being as good as expected up front because of there performances against both DB and Boone. Other players I saw other than 50, 58 and D front.... #20 very determined downhill runner, #5 an athletic versatile player, and #16 the more mobile and effective of the two QBs. Boone was switching players in and out so much it was hard to keep up with. The kicker struggled at the first of the game but I didn't catch his number. So when they lined up for about a 35 yard field goal I had to chuckle. I got the number this time #1, but he couldn't have been the same one that started off because this kid has a leg! He missed but not because of distance.

All and all at this point I still don't think Boone can match the Vikings level of talent or size. Those uniforms not only need a make over, but they are misleading until you can see a side by side comparison. But size will be a factor especially if our backs can break into the secondary. Speed, kicking game, and the fact that NOBODY has had any success against the Vikings on the ground will all be big factors in this game. Boone is a team like East for you Viking fans looking for a comparison. You have to jump on them quick and break their spirit... because if you let them hang around they have just enough skill, and talent sprinkled around to pull out the win. Not to mention their Coaches make good adjustments depending on the situation. Good overall team.... but I'm going to have to say that when all the smoke clears... Vikings by 21. :bored:

By the way... don't let FormerB fool you. The Blazers kept the peddle to the metal until almost midway through the fourth. There were maybe 4 penalties called in the entire game and one just happened to give Vol one of the very few first downs they had. Up by about 4 touchdowns in the fourth quarter... I thought some of the Blazer fans were going to charge the field. :D Not really :D ... but you know what I mean. There fans are very proud of this team and rightfully so, but I have a strong feeling reality is going to come calling friday night, just as it has for us when we have gone up against the other DB in previous years. It's not just about the team on the field... it's the tradition... the program. You'll see. :D

apologies, i thought it was midway through the third. i could have sworn there were some new kids being put out there during the third when it was obvious Volunteer was being dominated. Hmmm halftime was 28 to 7? and then two quick scores after the interception I could have sworn Boone was up by 35 in the third. Anywhos.... a lot of times you will see in games like this where Boone is up a change of players and trying some new stuff to see how kids react. 16 was definitely the stronger of the two last night, but I've seen 10 hit everything on nights as well, so who knows. I've seen some of the TN High kids on paper and yeah, they are pretty dang big. 44 in particular is just a monster looking beast.

I think Tennessee High was a bit sloppy in the first half against Central. Although before it was all said and done, Tennessee had over 550 yards on offense and set a school record for most yards passing on their way to a 48-0 victory. Shepard, Simmons, and Clark didn't dress out, but I wouldn't be surprised it they are all back next week. Tallman only played on offense. Harmon threw a couple of long passes that could've been touchdowns but they were barely overthrown. They were trying some different things.

Tennessee High has been blessed this year with all of their runningbacks. They're deeper there than any other team in the area.

Central had a pretty good qb. Most of the time they were able to make it to at least the 50 or into Viking territory before the Vikings took possession. Their victory guarantees them a spot in the playoffs. If they defeat Boone they are guaranteed a share of the Big 8 championship.

Now if we can get Cap to give us some details on the Trailblazers. :D

Not sure about sharing or how things work out, but TN High beats South all the way there ain't no sharing, something I know you guys have wanted for a while the past few years. If it does come to a tie, no sharing either because someone is always ahead of someone else in who beat who I believe.

Now if we can get Cap to give us some details on the Trailblazers. :roflol:

Not sure about sharing or how things work out, but TN High beats South all the way there ain't no sharing, something I know you guys have wanted for a while the past few years. If it does come to a tie, no sharing either because someone is always ahead of someone else in who beat who I believe.

It would be similar to the way things happened in the MLC. One team would always get the higher seed but they wouldn't be the undisputed champions in the district. In '97 for example TN High was co-conference champs with Elizabethton. They beat Elizabethton but lost to Boone. The same thing happened in 2003 when Elizabethton beat TN High but lost to East. South was the undisputed conference champs from 2005 through 2008 because they lost zero conference games during that period.

After our game in Johnson city,this one is a game that has my interest.I want to see if TH is that good or we were that {off,sick,or whatever} at the Castle last week.I'm thinking it's a little of both.I'll say TH 31 and Boone 7

Suffice it to say, and with all due respect, from all the people who have stated that Boone is going to lose by 4 touchdowns, I will hold my breath on any predictions, much the same as my own for this game. By your words and some other DB fans, the second half was solid DB not giving up anything...so if that is the team and if that is how good Boone can be....just a thought mind you. Not taking anything away from TN High...but seeing as how the situation seems to be one where Boone has "no chance" I will remember years past where TN High has had trouble with Boone. When was the last time we played each other, during the Richards years at Boone...certainly TN High won that one. Before that I know my team got TN High twice in four years...

Kicking for TN High? I know #1 has had a rough couple of weeks, going from not missing one to missing a few. Kicking game could be big in this game if he is on the mark. Then again, from the backfield and offense of TN High....that could be a game breaker in itself. Best Offense and commented best Defense in upper east tn, i saw in the paper we have only given away 11 less than TN High has this year, while on paper TN High has scored ...was it 60 or 80 more points than Boone?

After our game in Johnson city,this one is a game that has my interest.I want to see if TH is that good or we were that {off,sick,or whatever} at the Castle last week.I'm thinking it's a little of both.I'll say TH 31 and Boone 7

Suffice it to say, and with all due respect, from all the people who have stated that Boone is going to lose by 4 touchdowns, I will hold my breath on any predictions, much the same as my own for this game. By your words and some other DB fans, the second half was solid DB not giving up anything...so if that is the team and if that is how good Boone can be....just a thought mind you. Not taking anything away from TN High...but seeing as how the situation seems to be one where Boone has "no chance" I will remember years past where TN High has had trouble with Boone. When was the last time we played each other, during the Richards years at Boone...certainly TN High won that one. Before that I know my team got TN High twice in four years...

Kicking for TN High? I know #1 has had a rough couple of weeks, going from not missing one to missing a few. Kicking game could be big in this game if he is on the mark. Then again, from the backfield and offense of TN High....that could be a game breaker in itself. Best Offense and commented best Defense in upper east tn, i saw in the paper we have only given away 11 less than TN High has this year, while on paper TN High has scored ...was it 60 or 80 more points than Boone?

Tennessee High has a decent kicking game this year. Brandon Rutherford kicks a few into the endzone every game. Tyler Graham has made field goals in the 40-45 yard range.

Tennessee High has a decent kicking game this year. Brandon Rutherford kicks a few into the endzone every game. Tyler Graham has made field goals in the 40-45 yard range.

Well chalk that up to being even for both teams then. Size wise Cap says TN high is going to have the edge, though there seems to be a lot of bruisers at Boone as well. You can pick the score all day long but it's going to come down to what team does the basics better. What I mean to say is, whoever can tackle and limit, is going to win, either way. I can't say I was impressed with the passing game too much this past week from Boone, but then again there were a couple of 50 yard plays where the Blazers caught Volunteer off guard. In particular, 21 made a catch in tight coverage that I thought was overthrown and didn't lose a step. From what I read one week about TN High, I know 10 is a beast and can play both ways and be a threat in the secondary and reciever, but on the news I saw that 8 can do that same as well.

If this game is played in the rain Boone looses. Otherwise, turnovers will turn the table. You can't make silly mistakes and beat this Viking squad. With ball control being the objective of both, scoring with each posession will be a prerequisite. I don't see Boone winning this game under just about any circumstances, however there is some chance. If Boone plays assignment football they will lose. They don't have the athletes to go toe to toe with Bristol. They will most likely sell out to the run like any one watching film of the Vikings would do and that will get you burned. Boones only chance in my view is to get to Harmon and put a screw in his head. Fat chance but my game plan. You obviously have to stop the run but Bristol has a nice little collection of those guys and will send a different one each play if needed. Harmon and Tallman. How Boone deals with these two names will determine how long they hang around. And how many times has Harmon been sacked this season? There you go.