Daniel Boone at Tennessee High ... SHOWDOWN IN THE CASTLE

v_i_k_i_n_g

Well I've been more vocal with Cap and the Viking crew, never actually been to a game in the stands at the Castle, but we have a long post so might as well get to it.

Hats off to the Vikings, you all have an amazing team! QB got the reception records...I can think of 3 catches that I thought that no way those kids would get it. Hats off again to your recievers...you got some weapons there! Didn't see too much of 44 for a few plays on offense, but he was a beast on defense. 2 picks and a few fumbles....a good team takes what is given to them and doesn't mess it up and you all did that tonight. The better team won.... tonight :thumb: (Wait what!!!!!)

I think the most striking things about TN High is that first run you did. Boone never did get ahead, but take that first run of 17 off the board and you got the Vikings ahead by 7 still. You just can't get back from it...but man oh man it was interesting to see that end of the first and second quarter.

You all responded with another TD after ours, but then things went full swing for my boys. They didn't give up and they put up a few and just took it to you all to bring it back to 20 to 24. I wish there were another 10 minutes cause I think Boone had you against the ropes and could have really put you ina whole. Thank the man who invented halftime cause it was great for you all today.

It all came down to the second half, you scored, we scored, you scored, you stopped us. Ball game right there. Boone never did recover and you kept putting us in a hole we couldn't get out of. By the end of the game, i was hoping it would look better on paper with Boone at 32 and you at 51, but your JV stepped up and stopped us. The boys were flat after being put in that hole, a lot of angry kids and frustration. I have no excuse for that whatsoever, but at the end of the day you all won and I can't even try to take away from that.

After this game, I can say TN High fans that you are CAPABLE of a state championship. I say this because I honestly feel the one thing that really came out was momentum. Give us 6 more minutes in the second and you get put in a deeper hole...I think you would have been struggling to come back. It was like a different team or maybe Boone was just playing that well, but I honestly think if Boone had made the plays you did when you had to, that this game could have easily had a reverse score. But all this is theory, and at the end of the day you got the job done and we didn't, no excuses.

Although I do have a complaint. The officiating was bad at moments, but I have to admit we got away with some stuff as well. You can not tackle kids when you block for the QB, you can not tackle the secondary when they are covering someone. I think these calls should have been flags, much like your first TD pass, but it didn't happen, the games over, and what the heck does it matter now?

Now...you won today, so congrats. I believe the way things worked out that TN High, South, and Boone are now in the playoffs. If things are anything like they used to, we will have to travel to East first round. I fully expect that if we win the first round, we will play TN High in the second round. I want some more of TN High and I want some more of South. So possibly......see ya in 3 weeks guys :blink: Cheers!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Vikings on the big win tonight. Vikings jumped up 24-6 and then in the 2nd quarter it seemed like everything that could go wrong for the Vikings did go wrong. The score was 24-20 at the half. The Vikings came out and played a great 2nd half winning 51-26. The running game wasn't impressive tonight but I think Taylor Harmon and his slew of receivers really stepped up tonight. It's great when you can throw on teams like David Crockett and Sullivan Central, but to win from here on out you have to be able to throw it against some of the better teams and that's what Tennessee High did here tonight. Harmon had 5 touchdown passes and I think he was 15 for 20 for about 335 yards.

This game reminded me a lot of the Greeneville game. Boone has a great defense and I think they stopped the running game with the exception of one or two plays. The Blazers, however, really struggled defending the pass tonight.

I agree with one of the previous posters who said that this probably the best team Tennessee has faced thus far. They showed a lot of heart fighting back from 24-6 deficit and continued playing hard for the rest of the game.

Thanks Viking. That really did point out the difference. Boone couldn't tackle at all tonight, and it wasn't cause of speed, it was strength. TN High busted tackle after tackle to get more yards. And the secondary.....what do you do when one player makes 2 bad plays to give up points (but he had an awesome blocked pass that would have scored late in the second). Secondary really needs to step it up for Boone.

AWESOME job Vikings! You guys have given the Voice a lot to shout about this year. I am so proud of all of you not just for the way you play the game, but for the way you conduct yourselves on and off the field. You are making Viking Nation proud. Way to hang in there through a second quarter that didn't go our way.

A tip of the Viking Horn to Daniel Boone. You gave us a scare and a tough physical game. Best of luck in the Musket Bowl and in the playoffs.

Vikings, there is but one thing left to do in the regular season. You've been taking care of business for nine weeks now and you've earned a share of the conference title. How bad do you want the whole thing? It's time...It's time.

Well I've been more vocal with Cap and the Viking crew, never actually been to a game in the stands at the Castle, but we have a long post so might as well get to it.

Hats off to the Vikings, you all have an amazing team! QB got the reception records...I can think of 3 catches that I thought that no way those kids would get it. Hats off again to your recievers...you got some weapons there! Didn't see too much of 44 for a few plays on offense, but he was a beast on defense. 2 picks and a few fumbles....a good team takes what is given to them and doesn't mess it up and you all did that tonight. The better team won.... tonight :roflol: (Wait what!!!!!)

I think the most striking things about TN High is that first run you did. Boone never did get ahead, but take that first run of 17 off the board and you got the Vikings ahead by 7 still. You just can't get back from it...but man oh man it was interesting to see that end of the first and second quarter.

You all responded with another TD after ours, but then things went full swing for my boys. They didn't give up and they put up a few and just took it to you all to bring it back to 20 to 24. I wish there were another 10 minutes cause I think Boone had you against the ropes and could have really put you ina whole. Thank the man who invented halftime cause it was great for you all today.

It all came down to the second half, you scored, we scored, you scored, you stopped us. Ball game right there. Boone never did recover and you kept putting us in a hole we couldn't get out of. By the end of the game, i was hoping it would look better on paper with Boone at 32 and you at 51, but your JV stepped up and stopped us. The boys were flat after being put in that hole, a lot of angry kids and frustration. I have no excuse for that whatsoever, but at the end of the day you all won and I can't even try to take away from that.

After this game, I can say TN High fans that you are CAPABLE of a state championship. I say this because I honestly feel the one thing that really came out was momentum. Give us 6 more minutes in the second and you get put in a deeper hole...I think you would have been struggling to come back. It was like a different team or maybe Boone was just playing that well, but I honestly think if Boone had made the plays you did when you had to, that this game could have easily had a reverse score. But all this is theory, and at the end of the day you got the job done and we didn't, no excuses.

Although I do have a complaint. The officiating was bad at moments, but I have to admit we got away with some stuff as well. You can not tackle kids when you block for the QB, you can not tackle the secondary when they are covering someone. I think these calls should have been flags, much like your first TD pass, but it didn't happen, the games over, and what the heck does it matter now?

Now...you won today, so congrats. I believe the way things worked out that TN High, South, and Boone are now in the playoffs. If things are anything like they used to, we will have to travel to East first round. I fully expect that if we win the first round, we will play TN High in the second round. I want some more of TN High and I want some more of South. So possibly......see ya in 3 weeks guys :thumb: Cheers!

Besst team in upper east tn yes. yet to play south. Luck to you all. Great team

Way to go Vikings! This was your biggest test of the season so far and you came through like champions.

Hats off to the Trailblazers. I personally didn't think that you would be able to hang in there with the Vikes and for a while in the first quarter it looked like things were going to get ugly. Your kids never gave up and stormed their way back to make a game of it. Numbers 50, 58, and 16 had great nights on Defense and never let us establish our running game. Stopping the run came with a price though...our receivers were able to get behind the secondary for big plays.

I really thought that the Vikings were in a no-win situation. If the results of the game had turned out a blow-out then everyone would have said that Boone was over-rated. If the results of the game were very close then everyone would have said the Tennessee High was over-rated. The score turned out to be just about right for the Vikings.

Taylor Harmon had an outstanding night throwing the ball and the THS receiver corps looked as strong as they have all year long. The defense gave up some points, but the bend and don't break mentality came through again. The Viking kicking game was great as usual. Brandon Rutherford put 7 balls into the endzone on kick-offs and the other 2 gave the Trailblazers the ball on the 18 and 23 yard lines...what a weapon. Tyler Graham pounded through 6 more XP's and the 31-yard FG.

The THS coaching staff should get a lot of the credit for this win. They did a great job preparing the players and finding the weaknesses in the Boone defense. The play calling on both sides of the ball was outstanding.

There were some comments made about the officiating. I think that went both ways. The guys in the striped shirts did a fair job, but I think that when they reflect on the game they'll probably come to the conclusion that they missed some calls on both sides of the ball.

Now it's on to South...the MAROON MACHINE is back!!!!

There were some comments made about the officiating. I think that went both ways. The guys in the striped shirts did a fair job, but I think that when they reflect on the game they'll probably come to the conclusion that they missed some calls on both sides of the ball.

Now it's on to South...the MAROON MACHINE is back!!!!

I can agree that it did go both ways, but the timing on some of them really got to me. When someone who is blitzing from the outside gets tackled in the backfield....yeah. I will say that I am sure Boone probably got away with some calls too, so I can't sit here and complain all day. It was a physical game and both sides were going at it hard. I think the ones that stick out were in that first quarter when that happened and a couple of times there were some calls where Viking players hit ours after they were out of bounds. But...yeah I saw some holding that was never called for you all as well so it goes both ways, I guess this just struck me out that these were easy calls to make and it didn't happen.

My pick crow will be eat here in a bit, yawn.

As the Blaziers gag and swallow their morning portion of the Devil Bird I offer my condolences. You could smell the noxious oxide from across the interstate. Your effort was commendable but that doesn't seem to affect the flavor does it. Worry not, by the end of the week your putred guts will be inside out as you heave to and fro from the sickness. Aaahhh the price of failure.

As the Blaziers gag and swallow their morning portion of the Devil Bird I offer my condolences. You could smell the noxious oxide from across the interstate. Your effort was commendable but that doesn't seem to affect the flavor does it. Worry not, by the end of the week your putred guts will be inside out as you heave to and fro from the sickness. Aaahhh the price of failure.

Thanks Comp, you really know how to drive that knife in. PS, when you play TN High you've beat them pretty good and you ran up the score on them in the jamboree....if given the chance, take a guess what they are going to do to South this week. Payback sucks.

TN High is over, the Musket Bowl is this week and there will be no puking because while one thing went bad...the Musket Bowl always puts a smile on a Boone Boys face.

Congrats. to the Vikings. What a game Harmon had.The

recievers did a great job catching the ball,and making yds.

after the catch.When the score got 24-20 I did get a little

worried. (a little )

Hats off to Boone.Never gave up and played good.Nothing

to hang ur head about.

A friend texted me from the Hill and DB game and said it

was boring with no offense from either team,that was

surprising. Sure glad that I am going to miss the crow

sauce this week. :thumb: Bring on South. :blink:

The Vikings, still the best in East TN.

Open up wide FormerB and DarkHorse!!! :D:D:roflolk:

FormerBlazer:

Tennessee High has a decent kicking game this year.

I'll play Devil's Advocate and say you are right.... unless TN High beats Boone by 4 TD's....which people said DB would do to TN High....and which people said South and DB would do to Boone....and which the JC Press said SH would do to Boone....funny old world.

I hope someone shows them that quote and more... I think you all are in for a surprise my friend because this Boone team ain't going down without a fight...if they lose at all

And what is this crow garbage...isn't that where you run your mouth and then you lose?

First time in forever I can remember a Boone team that has a secondary that I would consider good.

I don't really remember Boone getting beat on the deep ball this year. The defense is something else and a pleasure to see on big plays.

I'm not in control of what the team does, but by golly it's time for Boone to come out and make everyone shut up. All fans, drive safe, all crow eaters shall be filling up tomorrow whomever wins.

If that is how you look to have some fun cap, you aren't going to find it from the Blazers because the Boone boy knows that words can come back to bite you....call it...tradition if you will

DarkHorse:

CAP I am sticking to my guns. The "Wrassle in the CASTLE" will go to Boone, 24-17.

You heard it here first. I personally don't see TH winning by 17 points but it could happen. 3 to 7 point game is more likely IMO.

Stubbs spent last week trying to fool everyone into thinking he is gonna throw all night. You could say it was a tune-up for the future but I know a "smokescreen" when I see it.

I saw a large flock of the ole' Rook bird perched just off the interstate this morning....couldn't tell which way they were headed. Probably waitin' on Comp's long black train....

:roflol:

LEAVE NO DOUBT!!! If you left the Castle Friday night (whether early in the fourth quarter or at the end of the game) and was unsure about who the better team between Boone and THS was... you're only fooling yourself. Because 51-26 pretty much tells the tale of the tape. The game went pretty much as I figured with the exception of the mental mistakes by the Vikings. I've heard some talk about how Boone "stopped the Viking run game"... not a surprise for me. When you stack 8 in the box and at least 3 of them are All State caliber... you're going to slow down ANYBODY. The Boone coaching staff pretty much sold out completely to stopping the run... and they paid DEARLY for it. I tried to tell you, but you guys had the Viking game plan all figured out and wrote Taylor's record setting performance at Central off to being a "smoke screen".... so he broke 339 yards and 5 TDs off in ya; bettering one record and breaking another!!! Now SMOKE THAT SCREEN!!!! :thumb: Hey.... but look at the bright side...this years Daniel Boone team will be in the Tennessee High record books for a long long time. :lol: Now... 14 of your 26 points were handed to you in the first half by the Vikings with the ill thrown screen pass on about our 30 yard line (that is very much out of character for TH), and the pass attempt by our punter in our own end zone that gave Boone the ball on about the 5 yard line (again...uncharacteristic). I can remember two impressive drives by Boone. On one you scored and the other ended with a turnover... but that's about it. Boone actually did better offensively than I expected after watching the Volunteer game. All and all I have to say that for me personally... Greenville has still been the only game that I feel we were in jeopardy of loosing. If that seems harsh... maybe it is. But FormerBlazer has been on EVERY board toottin the Blazer horn to anybody who will listen and even to those who didn't want to hear... and they simple didn't live up to all the hype last night! Just keepin it real fellas after hearing some of the excuses start. :D Boone is a good team very much deserving of their record. We have yet to face South, but IMO and from what I have seen... Boone could very well be the second best team in the Big 8. I'll let you know for sure next Saturday. So how bout takin the L like men... and letting it go. Because I have a feeling we will meet again this year. :thumb:

LEAVE NO DOUBT!!! If you left the Castle Friday night (whether early in the fourth quarter or at the end of the game) and was unsure about who the better team between Boone and THS was... you're only fooling yourself. Because 51-26 pretty much tells the tale of the tape. The game went pretty much as I figured with the exception of the mental mistakes by the Vikings. I've heard some talk about how Boone "stopped the Viking run game"... not a surprise for me. When you stack 8 in the box and at least 3 of them are All State caliber... you're going to slow down ANYBODY. The Boone coaching staff pretty much sold out completely to stopping the run... and they paid DEARLY for it. I tried to tell you, but you guys had the Viking game plan all figured out and wrote Taylor's record setting performance at Central off to being a "smoke screen".... so he broke 339 yards and 5 TDs off in ya; bettering one record and breaking another!!! Now SMOKE THAT SCREEN!!!! :thumb: Hey.... but look at the bright side...this years Daniel Boone team will be in the Tennessee High record books for a long long time. :lol: Now... 14 of your 26 points were handed to you in the first half by the Vikings with the ill thrown screen pass on about our 30 yard line (that is very much out of character for TH), and the pass attempt by our punter in our own end zone that gave Boone the ball on about the 5 yard line (again...uncharacteristic). I can remember two impressive drives by Boone. On one you scored and the other ended with a turnover... but that's about it. Boone actually did better offensively than I expected after watching the Volunteer game. All and all I have to say that for me personally... Greenville has still been the only game that I feel we were in jeopardy of loosing. If that seems harsh... maybe it is. But FormerBlazer has been on EVERY board toottin the Blazer horn to anybody who will listen and even to those who didn't want to hear... and they simple didn't live up to all the hype last night! Just keepin it real fellas after hearing some of the excuses start. :D Boone is a good team very much deserving of their record. We have yet to face South, but IMO and from what I have seen... Boone could very well be the second best team in the Big 8. I'll let you know for sure next Saturday. So how bout takin the L like men... and letting it go. Because I have a feeling we will meet again this year. :thumb:

Excuses? There have been no excuses. Better team won. Though if we take your argument it is a 3 point game.

If you say the Vikings gave us 14, well we gave you 21. 1 Kid let two huge plays go, 2 TD's, fumble recovery for a TD, so there we gave it to you. Redo the score you are still up 14. The game played out how you thought you are an idiot. You were sitting over there looking at your crow sauce at half time. You can be beat oh man you all can be beat, and the good thing is there is a good chance we see you in three weeks. No reason to shy away from this cause from what I saw all that was needed was a momentum change and your kids would cower down and just let it go...much like the the 4th quarter with Boone. These two teams are very much cut from the same stuff, but your kids got the job done and that's what winners do. Toot your horn, you can live on cloud nine you crow serving fool, cause I'll be back in three weeks for a second helping of that Viking garbage!